• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Cannonization of the Bible

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Clarify, I don't follow.
For instance, there are a few different versions of the Biblical canon. All of them are supported by sincere believers. Why would the Holy Spirit tell one group of believers to include books in the canon that he tells another group of believers to leave out?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I would suggest that you get your nose out of your "aged ecumenical anthropologist" beliefs and try to learn truth.
And I would suggest that what I believe in and what I do is really my own business.

BTW, I used to teach Christian theology (14 years) and also a comparative religions course (2 years), so I've been around that block a few times. On top of that, I attend Christian services just about every weekend, and I really don't have to if I didn't want to.

Reggie Miller

And I would suggest that what I believe in and what I do is really my own business.

BTW, I used to teach Christian theology (14 years) and also a comparative religions course (2 years), so I've been around that block a few times. On top of that, I attend Christian services just about every weekend, and I really don't have to if I didn't want to.

Yet you don't believe?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Derp. We're done with this convo. Have a good day.
What I'm trying to do is to get you to think about why you believe in what you do. It's all too easy to take things for granted, so I'm trying to get you to probe deeper. I went through this same process, and granted it can be quite unsettling, but what can hopefully come out of it is a stronger faith even if some corrections may be needed.

Reggie Miller

What I'm trying to do is to get you to think about why you believe in what you do. It's all too easy to take things for granted, so I'm trying to get you to probe deeper. I went through this same process, and granted it can be quite unsettling, but what can hopefully come out of it is a stronger faith even if some corrections may be needed.

I know why I believe what I believe and I also know it is truth. Jesus is truth.

Reggie Miller

Which Bible is the true one, and how do you know?

How I know is previously stated above.

The canon currently accepted by most Protestant churches is the true one. I have yet to read the extra books included in the Catholic Bible but they make no difference to the Bible's message.