• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The biogeographic evidence for evolution

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The theory that life came from the process of evolving is not based on anything but belief actually.

Written records tell us about the past of course. Only Scripture tells us of the past before the flod though of course, since it is God's record piped to man, and He was there.

Your religious beliefs foisted and imposed and smeared all over evidences is reliably unreliable! Count on it!
Oh okay. So that means Thor is real too. And Zeus. And Allah. And Zoroaster. And Harry Potter. And on, and on. After all, people wrote about them.

dad

Undefeated
Nope, it's true. Evolution isn't a worldview.
It does posit and offer a view of the world and life actually. Animalistic. Dog eat dog. Godless. Beastly. Base.

It has absolutely nothing to do with pagans, or religion at all.
It IS a religion and certainly mostly involving unbelievers.

It is merely a description of a process at work in nature all around us, gleaned from careful and rigorous observation and testing.
Not true, TOE extrapolates the current adapting we see into all the far past and goes on to credit that process with why life exists as it does!

Now if all it was doing was noting present nature slow evolving such as in bacteria or whatever, that would be fine. It is not the factual observed evidence that is a problem. It is the degenerate imagination of wicked minds and hearts that is the problem.
If you want to know my world view, it's secular humanism.
OK.

It is demonstrably true that all living things are related, to varying degrees. You've heard of DNA, right?
False. I have have heard of DNA but we have no good sample from pre KT layer times! So if all you want to talk about is the last several decades and what is related fine. You may not tell us that DNA was the same exactly in Noah's day!

This reinforces my point, I think.
Whatever people misunderstand could reinforce their beliefs.

dad

Undefeated
Oh okay. So that means Thor is real too. And Zeus. And Allah. And Zoroaster. And Harry Potter. And on, and on. After all, people wrote about them.

Some feel that Zeus may have been an ancient name for Satan. As for the gods of Greece or Rome, they may have some basis in actual spirits.Don't think that I wave away all spirits as not real.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It does posit and offer a view of the world and life actually. Animalistic. Dog eat dog. Godless. Beastly. Base.
Not to me, it doesn't. And you're the one trying to tell me what I believe.

It IS a religion and certainly mostly involving unbelievers.
No it is not. Repeating it over and over doesn't make it so.

It has absolutely nothing in common with religion.

Not true, TOE extrapolates the current adapting we see into all the far past and goes on to credit that process with why life exists as it does!
This sentence doesn't make any sense to me.

Evolution is a fact of life. It is the backbone of biology. The theory of evolution is the explanation of that fact of life.

Now if all it was doing was noting present nature slow evolving such as in bacteria or whatever, that would be fine. It is not the factual observed evidence that is a problem. It is the degenerate imagination of wicked minds and hearts that is the problem.
I don't care about your past nature hypothesis until you can demonstrate that your claims are true.

You're still not addressing my point.

False. I have have heard of DNA but we have no good sample from pre KT layer times! So if all you want to talk about is the last several decades and what is related fine. You may not tell us that DNA was the same exactly in Noah's day!
Oh, it's false that all living creatures are related to varying degrees which we can actually see when we analyze our genomes?
If you want to deny demonstrable reality, there is no helping you.

Just curious, if you don't acknowledge this obvious reality, how do you think people are mapping out their ancestry? How do you think DNA paternity tests work? Magic?

Whatever people misunderstand could reinforce their beliefs.
This doesn't make any sense either.

How is it that you've said all this and still haven't addressed the point?

dad

Undefeated
Boy oh boy, you really missed the point, Dad. Try reading more carefully.

Oh, and nobody is talking about the "worship of creatures." Not all of us think inside of a religion box.
Yes, when people attribute all life and creation to animals, that is assigning credit to creatures for created life! ..Worship is anything we put before God.

dad

Undefeated
Not to me, it doesn't. And you're the one trying to tell me what I believe.

No it is not. Repeating it over and over doesn't make it so.

It has absolutely nothing in common with religion.

This sentence doesn't make any sense to me.

Evolution is a fact of life. It is the backbone of biology. The theory of evolution is the explanation of that fact of life.

I don't care about your past nature hypothesis until you can demonstrate that your claims are true.

You're still not addressing my point.

Oh, it's false that all living creatures are related to varying degrees which we can actually see when we analyze our genomes?
If you want to deny demonstrable reality, there is no helping you.

Just curious, if you don't acknowledge this obvious reality, how do you think people are mapping out their ancestry? How do you think DNA paternity tests work? Magic?

This doesn't make any sense either.

How is it that you've said all this and still haven't addressed the point?
What you seem to have missed is that the mere observation of adapting/evolving today does not mean that all life only exists because of this.

dad

Undefeated
In the modern age unbelief in spirits is so rampant that we cannot conclude automatically that fiction writers are speaking of real spirits when they write!

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
What you seem to have missed is that the mere observation of adapting/evolving today does not mean that all life only exists because of this.
LOL Okay. o_O

What you've missed still, is the point.

When will you address it?

You didn't bother answering my questions either.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
In the modern age unbelief in spirits is so rampant that we cannot conclude automatically that fiction writers are speaking of real spirits when they write!
Those aren't spirits. They are gods. And according to your above reasoning, they must have existed because they exist in recorded human history.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I just gave you a point in living clear technicolor. What was your point?
Have you forgotten this already?

Evolution isn't a world view. It's a description of a process that takes place in nature.

But let's go with what you've said here ... we are related to flatworms, bananas, dogs, cats, deer, lions, bats, trees, and guess what else, human beings! In other words, we're all in this together. I would say that the idea that everything on earth is related would have a positive affect on society, because it puts us all on equal footing with other human beings, and also with all other living creatures on the planet.

It sure beats the "I believe in the right God and I'm going to heaven while you go to hell for not believing" attitude we see from some, wouldn't you say? That's not a very uniting message now, is it?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The theory that life came from the process of evolving is not based on anything but belief actually.

Written records tell us about the past of course. Only Scripture tells us of the past before the flod though of course, since it is God's record piped to man, and He was there.

Your religious beliefs foisted and imposed and smeared all over evidences is reliably unreliable! Count on it!
dad, your fear is apparent once again. You have beliefs, we have knowledge. You are afraid to learn.

By the way, you also do not seem to understand the concept of "written records".

And lastly you bash your own beliefs by equating religion with a flaw. It is the one thing that you are somewhat right on, but you are the only one with religion here.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
However you want to mentally console your perceived kinship to worms is fine. Have at er.

I don't have any need to "console".
And it seems you, unsurprisingly, completely missed the point.

What you described, is a description of socio- and psychopathy.

Psychopaths need a perceived authority (could be a god, but could also be a parent or a therapist or teacher or...) to tell them what's right and wrong, because they are unable to figure out by themselves.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Great! He can imagine himself kin to cockroaches all the live long day then.

Truth marches on. Rejecting the creator and replacing it with worship of the creatures does not result in more respect and love in mankind.

Nothing imaginary about Jesus actually.

You are so far gone, it's not even funny.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Some feel that Zeus may have been an ancient name for Satan. As for the gods of Greece or Rome, they may have some basis in actual spirits.Don't think that I wave away all spirits as not real.

You know, just gonna say this one thing:

According to lore, Thor killed the Frost Giants.
Looking around, I'm not seeing any Frost Giants!

All hail Thor!