• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
That's an easy one to test. Have a talk to your God and get him to end the war in Ukraine by having the Russians withdraw. When I see it on the news in a few hours I will believe your claim.
He will end all wars as we know them. Micah 2:4 brings this out. The time is coming..

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
That's an easy one to test. Have a talk to your God and get him to end the war in Ukraine by having the Russians withdraw. When I see it on the news in a few hours I will believe your claim.
He will end all wars as we know them. Micah 2:4 brings this out. The time is coming..

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
And give real details, codes through 20 generations with sexual reproduction.
You first.
See, here we have a classic example of you demanding details you yourself with your "GodDidIt" answer does not provide.

So yeah, you give real details, codes through 20 generations with sexual reproduction.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The burden of proof is on you.
There is never a burden of proof with a faith-based thinker. In order for there to be a burden of proof, one must be making an existential claim, he must want to be believed, and he is dealing with a critical thinker capable of evaluating an evidenced argument for soundness and willing to be convinced by such an argument.
Of course who knows when it [the end of the world] will come to pass.
The earth will likely be consumed by the sun in a few billion years. Religion has no answers, just repeatedly wrong guesses.
God does not reward lack of faith.
Yet this atheist has lived a good life outside of theism and religion. Religion has nothing to offer those who are content to live without it. That should be self-evident.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
They lacked faith, so God does not reward lack of faith.
Really? Nowhere does it say that in the book of Judges. In fact, it says the Lord was with Judah and he took possession of the hill country, but could not drive out the inhabitants of the plain because they had chariots of iron.

Specifically, the reason they could not win in this case was because the chariots were of iron *even though* the Lord was with them.
How did God do against the Egyptians?

According to the story? After hardening Pharaoh's heart (so he thereby lost free will), he drowned the army in the sea after the former slaves went across.

In reality, nothing like that ever happened.