• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The big bang and the creation of the universe.

idav

Being
Premium Member
idav,

I think it's better to stop the discussion at this point. What we are discussion makes people furious because what we are talking about
doesn't fit into the reality that they chosen it to be, so they abuse me too much to force me to stop.

I already reached this conclusion long time ago..

You have chosen that nothing created something from nothing, SO nothing took nothing and created something.

If people in this discussion picked the answer that they wanted, we won't go through all of this miserable abuse and embarrassments to reach this conclusion.

Well suit yourself but im theist and have not chosen ”nothing” making something. My idea is existence is simultaneously God and creation which solves the issue of God coming out of nothing. I ask questions to see what your reasoning is but sounds like you have stopped asking questions as your already set on your answer.

jake0333

I end this discussion with these verses of the Quran.

Sahih International
"Or were they created by nothing, or were they the creators [of themselves]?
Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Rather, they are not certain."
(al-Toor 52:36)

Thank you all for your understanding and patience.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
idav,

I think it's better to stop the discussion at this point. What we are discussion makes people furious because what we are talking about
doesn't fit into the reality that they chosen it to be, so they abuse me too much to force me to stop.

You have chosen that nothing created something from nothing, SO nothing took nothing and created something.

If people in this discussion picked the answer that they wanted, we won't go through all of this miserable abuse and embarrassments to reach this conclusion.

You have been patiently explained the errors of your ways, and you refuse to listen.

You continually posit the falsehood that nothing does not come from nothing, WHICH is not the hypothesis of the big bang. You keep repeating nonsense and avoiding the tough questions directed towards you.

gnostic

The Lost One
jake0333 said:
So the question is... can nothing create matter, energy and physical laws from nothing?

Do you see how simple the question is? but too much harassment from the little kids in here.
These "little kids" that you are referring to us, know that you are misrepresenting the SCIENCE in the Big Bang theory (BB).

If you truly understood that the BB cosmology, then would already know that BB cosmologists or scientists state that SOMETHING come out if NOTHING. Your view about NOTHING in the BB cosmology is wrong! There lie the heart to most of your problems:
SOMETHING DIDN'T come out of NOTHING.​

We have been trying to correct your incorrect assumption about BB, but you refuse to learn something from your mistaken assumption.

So until you understand that SOMETHING come from SOMETHING ELSE, and NOT FROM NOTHING, then all you're demonstrating that the little people is YOU, YOUR IGNORANT & BIASED LITTLE SELF!

Do a lot more reading on the Big Bang cosmology, then learn & understand what the experts are saying, instead of making half-cocked fool of yourself with incorrect assumptions about what BB is, then we can move forward in this debate.

Is that clear enough for you?

jake0333

gnostic, i think some of your scientist are clowns, so please...
i have no time for you or some of them. Go bother whoever have the time to listen to you in that tiny little universe you call " your life ".

What is the source of your avatar picture?

Last edited:

zaybu

idav,

I tried to give you an idea of what "nothing" means in physics, but you've ignored it.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/3330675-post52.html

:shrug:

Agnostic75

jake0333 said:

Sahih International

Let's assume for the sake of argument that a God exists. What is wrong with deism?

gnostic

The Lost One
jake0333 said:
gnostic, i think some of your scientist are clowns, so please...
i have no time for you or some of them. Go bother whoever have the time to listen to you in that tiny little universe you call " your life ".

If you're going to post your topics in "science and religion" or in "evolution vs creation" forums then you have to expect and be prepared that someone will question or challenge your views on scientific matters. If you don't want to be questioned or challenged, then you are in the wrong forums.

These forums are DEBATE forums, not DISCUSSION forums. If you don't your views to be questioned, challenged or criticised, then in the future post your threads in the DISCUSSION forums.

Otherwise, be prepared to accept criticisms or back your views with supporting evidences or with valid sources.

Currently, you have not provided any legitimate sources or evidences to support your assumptions or conjectures, and you seemed to have inability to learn from others...which really don't borne well, if you are going to be here for long.

Members here have tried to point out to you that the Big Bang is not about creating something from nothing, but you're not listening or you're ignoring them trying to correct your faulty assumption.

To me, that's not a person willing to learn from others. You've only demonstrated your bias and faulty education in matters of science.

Last edited:

Titanic

To immortal flame, I find it sad that you had too throw in a personal attack on me. Not really a decent person are you? Now on too your answer, you simply do not say why you think it is not unknowable. Not one reason why you think "science" will ever be able to solve the mystery of how the universe was made. If you can not come up with a example please do not reply to my posts. Also how the hell did you not come up with a example? did your flame burn out?

Titanic

P.S i think you need too accept the fact that at least in our lifetime's we will not know. Also I could counter a attack back at you but I choose to be the better person. Peace out.

gnostic

The Lost One
Titanic13 said:
Now on too your answer, you simply do not say why you think it is not unknowable. Not one reason why you think "science" will ever be able to solve the mystery of how the universe was made. If you can not come up with a example please do not reply to my posts. Also how the hell did you not come up with a example? did your flame burn out?

Actually scientists already know how the stars were made. And we know how other matters were made too. (Elements heavier than hydrogen or helium.)

What we don't know is what occurred in (or during) the Planck's period and before this period, when the universe was still a singularity. Everything else the Big Bang cosmologists and astrophysicists had already figure out.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
i think some of your scientist are clowns,

Many claim that from a standpoint of severe ignorance.

You have the chance here to learn in this forum from some very knowledgeable people, if only you would open your mind.

You keep repeating mistakes when corrected, why do you keep repeating this behavior?

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
troll.gif

wa:do

Titanic

Actually scientists already know how the stars were made. And we know how other matters were made too. (Elements heavier than hydrogen or helium.)

What we don't know is what occurred in (or during) the Planck's period and before this period, when the universe was still a singularity. Everything else the Big Bang cosmologists and astrophysicists had already figure out.

I was actually not talking to you. The big bang is not a fact though.

Almustafa

Almustafa, that's a very deep thoughts and you have a meaning in it but missing alot.

How did so much energy gather AND order itself? it's not possible for so much energy to gather and order itself. Matter does not come from nothing by nothing nor tend to gather nor self assemble nor self replicate by itself without guidance.

physical laws or useful energy or matter will not assmble itself into precise order from nothing by nothing.

So the question is... can nothing create matter, energy and physical laws from nothing?

Do you see how simple the question is? but too much harassment from the little kids in here.

the thought is that "Nothing" is an impossibility...
no thing can be nothing. energy cannot be destroyed, even if it is reduced to the smallest of the small it simply becomes undifferentiated energy.

the legend of God creating the world from nothing, i assume this is a conceptualization of what actually occured... the "God"Energy started a ripple(or big bang) & from a portion of his(its) undifferentiated energy or "nothing" every thing was formed...

camanintx

Sahih International

Another pigeon flies the coop.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
idav,

Why do you insist on clinging to the "nothing from nothing" lie?
Do you not realize that you lose credibility each time you repeat that lie?

The Wizard

I have few questions if you have the time to answer them.

Which makes more sense to you as a rational, intelligent and intellectual human being?

That the big bang is the result of:

1- A nothing that created something from nothing
2- God that created something from nothing

Please try to keep up with me on this one if possible...

You choose which makes more sense to you.

Well, by definition, something cannot come from nothing. God as a creator of the universe is certainly more orderly than the previous. Yet, such is also a belief system and either one believes or not. Sometimes I feel such OP's don't offer nothing except a fixed duality of choice. One thing which is evident is that existence never "began." Existence always existed in one form to the next. Existence cannot "begin". Becouse then nothing would exist to begin it in the first place...Logically speaking our humankind's beliefs in a creator actually "create". All beliefs have an affect. Spanded throughout, for measily example, one million years of civilization beleiving such, creates one huge creation. As Ive previously hinted, there need not be anything "illogical" about beliefs in a Creator. Within time those things express themselves as more than just a belief...

But, one thing, thing for sure, in my opinion, is something coming from nothing as about as equivelant as believing trees turn to elves that steal ice cream from your frig. I'm perfectly happy with infinate cycles of big bang and crunch...BECOUSE something cannot come from nothing and existence cannot "begin" in the first place...

gnostic

The Lost One
camanintx said:
Another pigeon flies the coop.

mestemia said:
Don't hold your breath...

He may start a new thread on the same subject. He did it with evolution threads.

Clearly he doesn't know what he is talking about, but he make things up for what he doesn't know.