• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bible stories and God. Do you accept both as truth or only parts

Muffled

Jesus in me
Why would your expect truth out of falsness?

I believe fiction does not equate to falsehood. Granted it does happen. I had one fictional author say a railroad did not exist. He invented it to help the story. However a great deal of fiction has true facts as well.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Ah, so since the mustard seed is not the smallest seed, throw out the whole Bible....

I suppose one would expect God who created all things to know which is the smallest but I believe Jesus is saying that for his audience and what they see as the smallest.

The bible is "the word of god" [spirit of gods words] as concepts that are relative to gods truth found last as "the word" is gods truth from those concepts needed and given first to think about and end up seeing gods truth from what we needed to assume first.