• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible and aliens

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I'm tired of aliens and the afterlife.

I don't want to be Raelian, or Jewish, or Mormon.

I will start up a new thread about nonalien atheist intelligent design in the atheist forum.
Fine.....from theist to atheist....when you tire of the other side of the duality coin, there is the most subtle of all understanding to explore....non-duality, you will never thirst again... all the best robocop...

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Ya, man, bulldozing dead corpses into mass graves. Gods Plan...

Who's not to consider Mankind horribly misinterpreted God.

Leave that cold.
OK, I am back to being Raelian and atheist Jewish, atheist Mormon, etc... I needed a break.

Whiterain said it all.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
No worries robocop. The details of this unification approach to QM and GR are not shown, and with the best minds of both sides on the case for many years failing to solve it, I doubt there can be a unification. GR has the vacuum at zero energy and QM has it at infinite energy......the mathematics is going to have to be magical to reconcile...

I think a new macro universe model is need to replace GR, based on micro universe QM, rather than trying to unify...

Last edited:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Yeah the guy wasn't a university professor and the math is not shown, but to me it makes a lot of intuitive sense, and for someone who wants life regularized at each level, I thought you'd eat it up. I did.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Science at this stage of planetary evolutionary development is still relatively primitive....the answers to some of these bigger questions are presently beyond it. However if the intuitive faculty is developed, one can 'get it' without maths...

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Hey ben d, are you still meditating for world peace and love? Because you know, if we could get more people to do that, the chances of survival of earth's people might be much better by the end of the year.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Dear robocop....I'm not so arrogant as to think that mere mortals can change the world for the better, or even to think they know what is best...... I only know that I can change my own state of being, and for the better......through religious practice...particularly meditation which has as its goal, the leaving of the physical body and realizing the purity and perfection of spiritual being...

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I believe that as a spaceship travels faster, its mass increases. Eventually, as a spaceship approaches an appreciable fraction of the speed of light, most of the energy to propel the spacecraft will be expended in increasing the mass of the spacecraft instead of accelerating its speed. This means that the speed of light is a universal speed limit which nothing of mass could even come anywhere near close to approaching. Because of the vastness of space between solar systems and the fact that spaceships can't accelerate to anywhere near the speed of light, I believe that interstellar space travel is impossible. Therefore, I believe humans never had any interaction with extraterrestrial beings nor will ever come into contact with any extraterrestrial beings.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
How about FTL (faster than light).....you may like to read this...it is a brief paper by Hal Puthoff on possible ZPE application from 1998. It is not mathematical, so easy reading for anyone with some reasonable technical understanding.

It is worth noting that the US Air Force was already exploring FTL using the potential of getting something for nothing (for those who think the vacuum of space is empty except for particles) as can be seen from this 1998 RFP.....

The second paper is one about FTL using ZPE with the mathematics...

And there are other ways to approach space travel...the third paper is one on teleportation....

Attachments

• jse_12_2_puthoff FTL zpe propulsion.pdf
    105.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Science Papar Puthoff SpaceTime Engineering.pdf
    569.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 31335314-Teleportation-Study.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 114

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I believe that as a spaceship travels faster, its mass increases. Eventually, as a spaceship approaches an appreciable fraction of the speed of light, most of the energy to propel the spacecraft will be expended in increasing the mass of the spacecraft instead of accelerating its speed. This means that the speed of light is a universal speed limit which nothing of mass could even come anywhere near close to approaching. Because of the vastness of space between solar systems and the fact that spaceships can't accelerate to anywhere near the speed of light, I believe that interstellar space travel is impossible. Therefore, I believe humans never had any interaction with extraterrestrial beings nor will ever come into contact with any extraterrestrial beings.

I'm beginning to wonder the same thing. Of course, they could stick to half the speed of light and the time and mass dilation might be more manageable..

Anyway, ben d, that's cool. You are who you are. I'm not trying to change you.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Or is time an illusion and the dilation factor just a gimmick for seeing velocity in a moment? The dilation is a simple right triangle trigonometric operation (just one). Time could not be different for say your long trip to Pluto and back. You wouldn't have to worry, say, about your grandkids being almost dead when you returned.

Theweirdtophat

Aren't most of the deities technically "aliens" anyway? If they made Earth, or at least visited Earth from the "heavens" that means they came from somewhere else, either from another planet or a dimension. That's what an extraterrestrial is, someone who's not from this planet. When people think of aliens they think of weird creatures with advanced technology and that's not always true. No matter what they have, whether it's magic power or technology or both, it doesn't make them less alien.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Aren't most of the deities technically "aliens" anyway? If they made Earth, or at least visited Earth from the "heavens" that means they came from somewhere else, either from another planet or a dimension. That's what an extraterrestrial is, someone who's not from this planet. When people think of aliens they think of weird creatures with advanced technology and that's not always true. No matter what they have, whether it's magic power or technology or both, it doesn't make them less alien.
Yes..that's a given. Even the Vatican press, iirc, suggested a few years back that aliens/ET may be not subject to the fall (original sin) and thus are in the Angelic state..