• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Avengers movie

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Saw it last nite.
Exciting!
Spoiler alert.....favorite scene:
Loki proclaims himself a god & the Hulk a mere mortal.
Hulk treats him like a misbehaving garden hose.

The Neo Nerd

Saw it last nite.
Exciting!
Spoiler alert.....favorite scene:
Loki proclaims himself a god & the Hulk a mere mortal.
Hulk treats him like a misbehaving garden hose.

Hahahahaha

"I am a GOD, I will not be bulli..." *SLAM* *SLAM* *SLAM* *SLAM*

The Hulk gets all the good laughs.

I like when he and Thor are taking a breather after taking a whole heap of bad dudes and Hulk punches him through a wall.

Best Hulk EVER.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hahahahaha
"I am a GOD, I will not be bulli..." *SLAM* *SLAM* *SLAM* *SLAM*
The Hulk gets all the good laughs.
I like when he and Thor are taking a breather after taking a whole heap of bad dudes and Hulk punches him through a wall.
That was the runner up for best scene.

tinyeshe

I like it but I am not comfortable that The Hullk is invincible, like nothing, nothing at all can destroy him, then what is there to fight? just send in the hulk in the beginning!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I like it but I am not comfortable that The Hullk is invincible, like nothing, nothing at all can destroy him, then what is there to fight? just send in the hulk in the beginning!
He was pretty beaten down at the end of all that fighting.
And Thor cleaned his clock.
But this is always a problem with super heroes.....make to durable, & all the tension disappears.
That's why Superman is so boring compared to Spiderman. Spidey always has a pretty rough time with life.

Student of X

Paradigm Shifter
I saw The Avengers yesterday. I was pretty careful to avoid spoilers and didn't watch any trailers.

The day before I saw it, I had a dream with movie imagery in it. That frequently happens. I see things from the future. Movies, events, people, etc. It varies. It's pretty cool.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I saw The Avengers yesterday. I was pretty careful to avoid spoilers and didn't watch any trailers.

The day before I saw it, I had a dream with movie imagery in it. That frequently happens. I see things from the future. Movies, events, people, etc. It varies. It's pretty cool.
You're a pretty special snowflake.

I haven't watched it yet, but I heard something about a certain Infinity Gauntlet owner showing up...

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I loved the Hulk in the second half of the movie but the first half of the movie I give credit to Phil and Black Widow. Of course Tony Stark was tony stark but Phil was supprising to me.

I disliked the Hawkeye Character the most.

The Neo Nerd

I loved the Hulk in the second half of the movie but the first half of the movie I give credit to Phil and Black Widow. Of course Tony Stark was tony stark but Phil was supprising to me.

Yeah they really fleshed out Phils character, it's a pity about what happened to him (i thought i shouldn't post it here in case it ruined the story for people.

I disliked the Hawkeye Character the most.

Me to. But i think i dislike the any character that guy plays.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Probably one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I had a nergasm after the seeing the first easter egg during the credits.

Anonymouse

I went to see this movie the other night.

Beginning was a little slow and didn’t resemble a summer blockbuster at all. There could have been a more entertaining and interesting way to set up the conflict while introducing the characters. Whedon’s direction covered the bases but it could still have been a better production if there was a way to thank the viewers who paid attention to past Marvel movies while embracing an audience unfamiliar with the territory.

Robert Downey Jr. never could convince me he was Tony Stark and it looks like the budget ran out when considering Captain America’s costume. If I were Chris Evans, I would have been embarrassed in that suit. A much better design would have been the ribbed material that the Spider Man costumes showcased to give the character that scaled look of the outfit Captain America sports in the comics. His helmet was awful and I was thankful of the scenes where he wasn’t wearing it.

I understand that this version of the Avengers was hinted to exist in Marvel’s Ultimate universe but I grew up in an environment where Nick Fury and the Kingpin were Caucasian. I knew Marvel had Samuel Jackson invested in a few films but would it really have been unlikely and unbelievable for the producers to have considered David Hasselhoff to reprise his role as the head commander of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Alien Invasion was a bit clichéd but a good opposition for the Avengers first outing. The battle was handled well and the special effects were extraordinary. Nice winks to the fans while including multiple “let’s fight first, then become allies” moments. Black Widow vs. The Hulk?!? Very cool.

It’s a fair flick. Some people go to the movies to escape and be entertained and this movie performs.

Sgloom

im not a comic book fan, i dont know much about any of them outside of the movies. but i enjoyed the movie, lots of good action, some fun humorous moments ( i laughed out loud when the hulk punched thor), and it never took itself to seriously.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I had little interest in seeing this movie. I figured I'd watch it on DVD at some point.
-I watched Iron Man and liked it.
-I thought Iron Man 2 was lame.
-I thought the Edward Norton Hulk movie was ok.
-My bf wanted to watch Captain America and Thor, so we borrowed those DVDs and watched them. I didn't care for either, but they were both watchable, and I liked Thor a bit better (not gonna lie, it might be because I thought Thor was really cute). I liked Tommy Lee Jones and Hugo Weaving from Capt. America but thought the writing was bad.

I really want to see Dark Knight Rises, which is DC rather than Marvel. Plus I didn't like the Superman reboot, and I heard Green Lantern was bad. So with all of this, I was sort of tired of super heroes except Batman and had little interest in Avengers. I figured it would be a similar quality of the previously mentioned Marvel ones that led up to it, and would be too crowded with super heroes and just a big action-fest for little kids.

Then everyone's like "OMG IT'S AMAZING! IT SHATTERED THE BOX OFFICE! YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!" and now I kind of want to see it. :shrug:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
met-two-gods.jpeg