• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Apocrypha

Riders

The Original King James Bible from 1611 has the Apocrypha in it, the Dead Sea Scrolls do, and the oldest bible in the world has it, all the old original texts have the Apocrypha in it. Why do Christians take the Apocrypha out and delete it from the bible don't read it.

I do know the catholic bible has part of it is that not correct? the Oxford Bible also has it. It's a part of the original bible obviously meant to be read.

David1967

Premium Member
Good question. I would like for it to be included, if for nothing else, historical purposes.

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
Good question. I would like for it to be included, if for nothing else, historical purposes.
It's not as if Bibles which include them aren't readily available.

I do know the catholic bible has part of it is that not correct? the Oxford Bible also has it. It's a part of the original bible obviously meant to be read.
Biblical canon - Wikipedia
Different Christian traditions have different canons, there is no original Bible.

Reggie Miller

The Church rejected the apocryphal books as they are not divinely inspired. Men filled with the Spirit determined these books are not works inspired by the Holy Spirit. How can they be when they contradict the 4 Gospels?

rusra02

Premium Member
The Original King James Bible from 1611 has the Apocrypha in it, the Dead Sea Scrolls do, and the oldest bible in the world has it, all the old original texts have the Apocrypha in it. Why do Christians take the Apocrypha out and delete it from the bible don't read it.

The inspired writings of Christ's apostles and their close associates were completed in the first century and make up the Christian Scriptures. The apocrypha came later, and are rife with errors and fanciful legends. These unauthorized additions to God's Word came from "false teachers among you" that 2 Peter 2:1 warned about. This text adds; "These will quietly bring in destructive sects, and they will even disown the owner who bought them." In my opinion, such false books are rightly excluded from God's Word.

Riders

The Church rejected the apocryphal books as they are not divinely inspired. Men filled with the Spirit determined these books are not works inspired by the Holy Spirit. How can they be when they contradict the 4 Gospels?
Apparently your wrong, the church added the Apocrypha to the bible, its in the oldest bible wd, and its also in the 1611 King James version.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Readings from the apocrypha are used in the Anglican and Catholic Churches as part of the annual cycle of readings. It has never gone away.....