• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Antichrist: A very religious man.

Sonic247

Who is it that will have the power to "destroy the mighty and the holy people." The "man of sin" that "opposes and exalts himself against all that is called God." An athiest? Far from it: he will be a very religious man. Even now the chaos has begun; but to a discerning person it is just evidence that these prophecies are true.
I just recently did a report on the theology of the “prosperity gospel.” Given my tendency to procrastinate, along with the natural gravitation of carnal people towards sensationalism, I ended up wasting an hour or two on youtube. Supposedly Kenneth Copeland had said while pretending to speak in tongues “receive the mark of the beast.” But I couldn’t find any footage to back it up. I did run across people who, supposedly following the leading of the Holy Spirit, were laughing uncontrollably and convulsing on the floor. I don’t know how other would react to seeing this but it sent chills down my spine. It makes me wonder what the antichrist will be like. One thing is certain though; he will be a religious man. The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 11- For such [are] false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness. You would think that those closest to Satan would be furthest from God, (in the eyes of the world that is) but it’s not the case. Of the antichrist himself it says: “In his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.” And also: “And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.” (Revelation 13:7-8) Since most people here have a basic knowledge of the Bible you probably have heard how the Antichrist will claim to be God and have a false prophet that goes before him to perform miracles so I won’t make it tedious by adding to many verses. What do you think of the prophesies of the antichrist, and of the antichrists that are “already in the world.”

[youtube]i2Nl74UA74M[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Nl74UA74M

Last edited:

Sonic247

Who is Mahdi?
I was just trying to answer my own question. So in Islam the Antichrist is call Ad-Dijall and shows up at the same time as the Mahdi?

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
Who is Mahdi?
I was just trying to answer my own question. So in Islam the Antichrist is call Ad-Dijall and shows up at the same time as the Mahdi?

yes, Mahdi AS, Dejjal and Jesus PBUH shows up in the same piece of time. there've been many dejjals but dejjal of end times would be special, he would perform incredible things. first he would claim to be Jesus PBUH then he would claim to be the one who's here to unite all religions then he would claim to be God.
just like dejjal, there've been many Mahdis in time. those are men of God who teach people the truth and real path that leads God. difference of Mahdi of end times is that after him peace would come to Earth. there are also many wrong information of religion he would correct them. before that a war is expected and it is happening. some say that in time this war would turn into a war between evil and good and that would make Christians, Jews and Muslims would unite fighting against it

Last edited:

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

Just one small problem:

The Book of Revelation doesn't mention the antichrist!

In fact, the ONLY mentions are in the epistles of John (exactly four of them, as I recall).

And if you read them carefully, you'll find that the antichrist was not only alive at the time of John but was a former Christian!

Peace,

Bruce

logician

I'm not too worried about mythical antichrists, I'm much more worried about terroristic religions.

Sonic247

Greetings!

Just one small problem:

The Book of Revelation doesn't mention the antichrist!

In fact, the ONLY mentions are in the epistles of John (exactly four of them, as I recall).

And if you read them carefully, you'll find that the antichrist was not only alive at the time of John but was a former Christian!

Peace,

Bruce

I have to disagree with that. He is mentioned in Daniel chapter 8. Also he will be a prosperous king not just some unnamed person.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Revelation seems to put forth that the anti-Christ might have been Nero or the Roman emperor Domition.

BruceDLimber

I have to disagree with that. He is mentioned in Daniel chapter 8. Also he will be a prosperous king not just some unnamed person.

So sorry, but Daniel doesn't mention the antichrist (or even Christ, for that matter!).

And while there was a propserous king, your interpretation of the prophecies there differs completely from ours!

I quote from a book which explains Daniel's prophecies in detail:

"In later verses (Daniel 8:19-22), Daniel learns that the ram with two horns signifies Media-Persia. The he-goat signifies Greece, the prominent horn symbolizing its first great king. The four prominent horns that 'sprang out towards the four quarters of heaven' represent the four kingdoms that will rise from the first."
--I, Daniel, p. 29

Any assumption of an "antichrist" in the Book of Daniel is pure human extrapolation not supported by the text, given that not even Christ is mentioned anywhere in it!

Peace, :)

Bruce

Sonic247

So sorry, but Daniel doesn't mention the antichrist (or even Christ, for that matter!).

And while there was a propserous king, your interpretation of the prophecies there differs completely from ours!

I quote from a book which explains Daniel's prophecies in detail:

"In later verses (Daniel 8:19-22), Daniel learns that the ram with two horns signifies Media-Persia. The he-goat signifies Greece, the prominent horn symbolizing its first great king. The four prominent horns that 'sprang out towards the four quarters of heaven' represent the four kingdoms that will rise from the first."
--I, Daniel, p. 29

Any assumption of an "antichrist" in the Book of Daniel is pure human extrapolation not supported by the text, given that not even Christ is mentioned anywhere in it!

Bruce
The ram with the two horns is Media-Persia and the goat is greece making the great horn, of course, Alexander the great. And when he died the kingdom was divided between four governors. So, so far I agree with you. The little horn that rises out of one of the four is the Antichrist. But although not everyone understands this prophecy the time of it's completion doesn't need any commentary because it says plainly: [FONT=&quot]"Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end [shall be] the vision." And of course the "Prince of princes" is a reference to Christ who the antichrist stands up against. [/FONT]"Through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify [himself] in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand."

Last edited:

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

The little horn that rises out of one of the four is the Antichrist.

No in fact the first little horn was Antiochus IV Epiphanes. Nothing whatever to do with the "antichrist" given that Christ Himself didn't appear until much later! (I will stipulate that Antiochus was indeed a bad actor, though.)

(And if you want the name of the person represented by the second little horn, I have that here, too.)

Bruce

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Bruce is correct that Daniel is speaking of Antiochus IV when it speaks of the abomination of desolation. Any Bible commentary from a Jewish or Catholic source always says that.

Sonic247

Greetings!

No in fact the first little horn was Antiochus IV Epiphanes. Nothing whatever to do with the "antichrist" given that Christ Himself didn't appear until much later! (I will stipulate that Antiochus was indeed a bad actor, though.)

(And if you want the name of the person represented by the second little horn, I have that here, too.)

Bruce
Well I have to admit it does fit with Antiochus, but I still think it is also about the Antichrist, in the same way that Isaiah 14 is talking about Satan and the king of Babylon.