• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The _______ Commandments

How many commandments are there today in Christianity?

• Total voters

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
He may be going for the two "commandments" given by the Lord (Jesus) when He was asked which was the greatest commandment, in Matthew 22:35-40 and Mark 12:28-29. Jesus said that the whole of the Law was fulfilled in the two commandments of loving God and loving each other.

But technically, the original Ten Commandments are still in effect; they have just been fulfilled (not nullified) by Jesus.
@Gerry chose 1. Just click on it. Oh bother.........only 10%. LOL

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Maybe we might be granted what the one commandment to obey is.

I understand two, more than two, and any number of ways to obey God. I don't understand one.

Jeremiah Ames

I understand there are two ways. I follow Jesus Christ AND obey what he says. That is TWO.

I don’t have the power to cure blindness.

Nor did I start the OP to provide answers.
Conversation regarding the thoughts of all.

But if you really truly were interested there is the Bible.

Also, I could provide a link to an interesting YouTube video that explains it far better than I could possibly do. However, you would need about 35 minutes to spare.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don’t have the power to cure blindness.

Nor did I start the OP to provide answers.
Conversation regarding the thoughts of all.

But if you really truly were interested there is the Bible.

Also, I could provide a link to an interesting YouTube video that explains it far better than I could possibly do. However, you would need about 35 minutes to spare.
I can spare thirty-five minutes. Is there anyone who can't?

I can't say that the one commandment is love because it would mean that badness could not be hated. I think that I hate badness.

Jeremiah Ames

I can spare thirty-five minutes. Is there anyone who can't?

I can't say that the one commandment is love because it would mean that badness could not be hated. I think that I hate badness.

Here’s the link.

It’s closer to 40 minutes. (Don’t hate me:oops:)

I hope you enjoy. Andy is gifted.

Also, hate of evil would not break the commandment.

It’s near the end of a very informative series of sermons.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Gerry did you not vote that there is just one commandment to obey? (I am at 1:36 in the video and he says, "honor your mother and don't lie".)

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Here’s the link.

It’s closer to 40 minutes. (Don’t hate me:oops:)

I hope you enjoy. Andy is gifted.

Also, hate of evil would not break the commandment.

It’s near the end of a very informative series of sermons.
He is loved that to me means he can't be a prophet for Jesus.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't like that he says the Pharisees were "constantly" trying to trap and catch Jesus. He doesn't know that.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If I didn't have children and I had enough money I might think of paying someone to shoot me.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
He lies, imo. He said that a person can love God but hate people. I think that is not possible. But. He says it is. Should I keep watching?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is no "savior of the World". Jesus is a savior of the people of Earth. He is no part of the World. How, why, would he save it? I know. I am nit picking. I don't like him much.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think he is right when he talks about having, I mean not having sex it because love honors another. Good point. It was worth watching. So, thank you @Gerry.