• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The _______ Commandments

How many commandments are there today in Christianity?

• Total voters

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Here’s the link.

It’s closer to 40 minutes. (Don’t hate me:oops:)

I hope you enjoy. Andy is gifted.

Also, hate of evil would not break the commandment.

It’s near the end of a very informative series of sermons.
Did it stop suddenly? He didn't even say good bye.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So how many are there per the Lord at this time?

Why do you give the answer you do?

All the commandments. (I think 613 if not a made up number?).

It was Summed up by Moses and Summed up even more by Jesus. But if you go through each commandment in the OT, they fit in love thy neighbor or love thy god. Saying "love" doesnt say much in what it means. Thats why there are laws for people to Do things for god and others. But making it abstract leaves the question, what exactly is love. Are christians called to sacrifice themselves at the cross? Many took that risk for their faith in the past. Almost recently main saints die for gods love.

At this time, all of them. But christians (as so said by jews) are not gods chosen people. So, the OT convernment laws doesnt apply. In my opinion, they should apply to all believers. Why believe in god but be picky with which commands he asks of you.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
So how many are there per the Lord at this time?

Why do you give the answer you do?
the first.....love God
is a no brainer and simply understood

the second is Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
also a no brainer

in the next life it will be DONE unto you as you did unto others

it's all cause and effect

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Is it funny or sad that they do not know what is missing from their Christian love?

It isn't about me. That is funny!

That they don't care to know is so very, very sad that all it can do is turn into funny.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It actually isn't an opinion that I have. I might even wish that I didn't know it. It is real. But, I shouldn't say it unless I am asked because it isn't simple. I am sure I have explained it somewhere before and that is how I know that it will go right over the heads of most people. Non-believers will understand it better than believers will, in my opinion.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have voted number one with Gerry and the breach is related to what Jesus says "Like I have loved you". What does it mean? That is where you lack. You do not know what it means. That is not an opinion. I know you don't know.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The only one who I know can understand it is @'mud. I do not know if he would agree.
Why me? I am not chosen as far as I know. It might be my brain power.

And, we all know that Daniel was told that something would be hidden until later. I am pretty sure that it is now later.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Does it mean?

in the same manner, as I love, you should too.

HOW does Jesus love? Today? According to some great mind that I know, there is no today.

If you believe you are to imitate the love of Jesus today, but there is no today, where does that leave you?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is only the past and the future. If you are not loving the souls in the past for the souls in the future you are not loving as Jesus loves.

And how are you not? You are twisting the words of the Holy One (with the least of Jesus' brothers) to your own meaning. Which might just explain why Jesus says he comes as a thief.

Jesus isn't the thief. YOU are!

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I understand there is a today and I was exaggerating the truth that there is no "now" like @'mud said.
There exists only then and later. Then, what can we do "now"? Nothing. So, that makes the future much more important that right now, because now is way too short a time to measure. Most people know the future is important. But, what about the past? I am going to say that it is equally important as the future. So, then, what happened in the past is as important as what will happen in the future. But, if you change, which you did, what is the past, then the future will not be right. It just won't.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Someone wants to know hahahaha about how the past was changed. I shall believe that.

There is proof the words of the modern Bible do not match what was written. That is a change. But, you call the changed words "God's Word". That is bad. Very bad. Also, that you have changed the meaning of what someone who had God wrote, you dishonor him. Do you not? You raise the standing of the liar who changed the meaning and you make the one who actually wrote God's words poor. Very, very poor. Making someone poor is the OPPOSITE of what we should do to the least ones of Jesus. Where are the people going who do the opposite?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh, bother and blasphemy! It is the common belief that Matthew 25:31–46 is a prophecy about what will happen in the end. Let's just say that it is really a parable and it is about what a person might do for the future.

They say that it is about the future. But it is actually an illustration of what to do FOR the future. Isn't it?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
@Gerry I am not sorry that I took over your thread, but it is for good manners that I apologize. OK? I apologize and I thank you for the platform. God bless you!

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
What I think Jesus was likely saying with these two Commandments based on "agape" is that the entire Law (all 613 of them) can be condensed down to these two, especially since some Jewish sages felt that the main purpose of Torah was to try and create a more compassionate and just (fair) society and, eventually, world.

Yes, but both of these approaches. The approach of Jesus and aforementioned sages> goes against a clearly pesher exegesis of the Torah.

Meaning that the most Orthodox of Jews wouldn't accept it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yes, but both of these approaches. The approach of Jesus and aforementioned sages> goes against a clearly pesher exegesis of the Torah.

Meaning that the most Orthodox of Jews wouldn't accept it.
Pretty much so, but the Hillel School that morphed into modern day Judaism got at least somewhat closer, whereas that camp felt and still generally feels that the entire Law was and is important to follow, so their flexibility has limitations with the amount of such varying somewhat from branch to branch and person to person.

The Jesus camp, otoh, walked away from the majority of the Law.

Thanks for bringing this up, btw.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
The Jesus camp, otoh, walked away from the majority of the Law.

Just another question for ya. Do you think we can know for certain how much the Jesus camp departed from the law? Because there were at least two Jewish groups known to scholars that followed Jesus and kept the law pretty strictly. The Ebionites and Nazarenes. Some things about the development of the Christian movement are less clear than others.