• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank you

izzy88

As much as I've enjoyed my brief time here, I'm afraid I have too much going on in my life right now to be able to keep this up. I've been having to neglect other aspects of my day to day in order to make time to post here, and it's catching up with me, so I'm going to have to go cold turkey for now. I know it's sudden, and there are conversations I'm in the middle of that I regrettably won't be able to finish, but this decision was made as the result of a sort of epiphany I just had, which I'm choosing to follow.

Thank you, sincerely, to each of you who have engaged in discussion or debate with me. I have learned and grown from our interactions, and I can only hope I've returned the favor to at least some of you. I always aim to leave a place a bit better than it was when I found it; regardless of whether I've accomplished that, you've all certainly left me a bit better than you found me.

Take care, everyone, and - as my favorite professor told me when we said our goodbyes - "If I don't see you again in this life, I'll see you in the next one."

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
As much as I've enjoyed my brief time here, I'm afraid I have too much going on in my life right now to be able to keep this up. I've been having to neglect other aspects of my day to day in order to make time to post here, and it's catching up with me, so I'm going to have to go cold turkey for now. I know it's sudden, and there are conversations I'm in the middle of that I regrettably won't be able to finish, but this decision was made as the result of a sort of epiphany I just had, which I'm choosing to follow.

Thank you, sincerely, to each of you who have engaged in discussion or debate with me. I have learned and grown from our interactions, and I can only hope I've returned the favor to at least some of you. I always aim to leave a place a bit better than it was when I found it; regardless of whether I've accomplished that, you've all certainly left me a bit better than you found me.

Take care, everyone, and - as my favorite professor told me when we said our goodbyes - "If I don't see you again in this life, I'll see you in the next one."

Don't be a stranger

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

If you find yourself absentmindedly logging into a web page, there is a technical way to create a barrier by editing your internet hosts file. This works on any system. You can add an entry to your hosts file which prevents you from logging in without taking direct action. If you add the site name and a 127.0.0.1 to it like so: "sitename 127.0.0.1" into that file, then you won't be able to access said site without either putting a '#' before that line or deleting it, altogether. If time management and absent minded login is a problem then that may help. Then you can purposely log in on a week end and not log in without thinking.

Treasure Hunter

Do you mind sharing the epiphany? I’m genuinely curious. Either way, you don’t owe anything to anyone here. Incomplete conversations are par for the course. Be well.

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
I very much enjoyed and valued our discussions @izzy88 You are an outrageously intelligent and well-read chap, as well as a great conversation-starter.

Would have been great to converse with you a little longer but it was a pleasure while it lasted, and as others have noted - you don't owe us anything (so don't worry about the incomplete discussions).

As the old Irish blessing goes: May the wind be always at your back mate!

Last edited:

izzy88

I very much enjoyed and valued our conversations @izzy88 You are an outrageously intelligent and well-read chap, as well as a great conversation-starter.

Would have been great to converse with you a little longer but it was a pleasure while it lasted, and as others have noted, you don't owe us anything (so don't worry about the incomplete discussions).

As the old Irish blessing goes: May the wind be always at your back mate!
Thank you sincerely for such kind words. I feel exactly the same; thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge and wisdom, it's been such a privilege spending a bit of time conversing with you.

Hopefully one day I'll be back and we can have another go.

God love you

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm disappointed to see you go, but completely understand. Personal matters in your life take precedence. If you find yourself in a place some day in the future where you're ready to come back, even infrequently, we'd love to have you. :blush: