• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Terrorism In US....Here We Go Again

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Looks like he may have slipped through the cracks. Or maybe they forgot about him. Or maybe didn't think anything of it since he was only six when he came over here.
It'll be hard to tell until the investigation is done, assuming we civies get any details.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Between his background and the timing, I can see why there is an assumption that this is potentially ISIS related.
But from what little I've read, it appears unclear what the motive is right now, right?

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate
I'm content to give time for a full picture to emerge. Maybe it's because I'm feeling run over by a Mack truck right now. On second thought no, I'm just content to wait.

IT is best to wait. Speculation without evidence is useless and leads to such idiocies like conspiracy theories. In fact, I wish the press would STFU and report on the facts they find instead of trying to amuse us with live coverage, baseless assumptions and tantalizing speculations.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
IT is best to wait. Speculation without evidence is useless and leads to such idiocies like conspiracy theories. In fact, I wish the press would STFU and report on the facts they find instead of trying to amuse us with live coverage, baseless assumptions and tantalizing speculations.

Whilst I agree with you, I am pretty sure your post rules you out of ever managing a 24 hour cable news station.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I don't get it.
I mean: if some-one get crazy mind , he will did bad things.

I always heard in news about USA shooting (in schools ,universities , roads ...etc) , this one called "terrorism" because the criminal was a Muslim.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I always heard in news about USA shooting (in schools ,universities , roads ...etc) , this one called "terrorism" because the criminal was a Muslim.
And as we get more & more Muslims here, there's a greater & greater chance one will go violently cracy....just like the rest of us.
"Terrorism" will be more likely to be applied to Muslims because of 9/11.
(Of course, I don't forget our famous Xian terrorist, Timothy McVeigh.)
I expect we'll get past that some day.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn

The news story I just heard did not mention anything about terrorism. It is looking more and more like he was just crazy. They have checked his cell phone and computer and so far no sign of terrorist affiliated groups.
He might well have been just whacked out on drugs and believed that the government was out to get him.

It also seems important to point out something else. For various reasons, the word "terrorist" gets used a lot here in the USA. Even when there is no connection to anything political at all.

Tom

Marisa

It also seems important to point out something else. For various reasons, the word "terrorist" gets used a lot here in the USA. Even when there is no connection to anything political at all.

Tom
True dat. And not used in places where it probably should.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The news story I just heard did not mention anything about terrorism. It is looking more and more like he was just crazy. They have checked his cell phone and computer and so far no sign of terrorist affiliated groups.
He might well have been just whacked out on drugs and believed that the government was out to get him.
Tom
I wondered about using the word "terrorism" too.
This case seemed a lone wolf (crazy) attack, but a likely candidate because of where he attacked.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I wondered about using the word "terrorism" too.
This case seemed a lone wolf (crazy) attack, but a likely candidate because of where he attacked.

Tom

sorry guys i did not know exactly what told in news , i Just comment about the thread title and OP