• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Temple Experience

madhatter85

Transhumanist
It was awesome, the first time ever getting to go to the temple and we loved it. It was a great testimony builder. It was not like any other experience imaginable. I have felt the spirit before in church and other occasions like my wife getting her Patricarchial Blessing, This was much different. that "still small voice" was the perfect way to describe temple feelings. there was so much to learn i can't wait to go back, But the promised blessings were amazing.

coming out of the temple i feel like a new person. It's quite a different feeling than before. I see how Satan twists and perverts true gospel doctrine and turns it as far form sacred as he can.

The Blessings found only in the temple are based on your own faith. and when you have a lack of faith you end up rebelling against the truths rather than embracing them.

I can't wait to go back

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
you can make an altar in your own home, offer incense and play the temple music, so everyday you are beng purified, the singing and chanting from a pure devotee, such as Srila Prabhupada, he also has done many lectures and interviews which are available free on the web.Also videos of temple gatherings in operation.

zomg

I aim to misbehave!
I am glad you enjoyed the experience! I didn't know it was your first time, too. Did you do an endowment and then go straight to the sealing? Busy day!

madhatter85

Transhumanist
you can make an altar in your own home, offer incense and play the temple music, so everyday you are beng purified, the singing and chanting from a pure devotee, such as Srila Prabhupada, he also has done many lectures and interviews which are available free on the web.Also videos of temple gatherings in operation.

This is the LDS DIR so i am unsure as to what youa re getting at.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I am glad you enjoyed the experience! I didn't know it was your first time, too. Did you do an endowment and then go straight to the sealing? Busy day!

yeah it was a very busy day, Valentines day is especially busy i didn't know. Our session was completely full.

we only got about 15 minutes in the Celestial room before we had to go into our sealing.

lophophora

See my homepage :)
Can you tell me what more is the holy Spirit than a good feeling?
When I am happy, do you think that's the same feeling as the holy Spirit?

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Can you tell me what more is the holy Spirit than a good feeling?
When I am happy, do you think that's the same feeling as the holy Spirit?

Galatians 5:
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

lophophora

See my homepage :)
Galatians 5:
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

That's all? I mean, everybody has these feelings ? Is there any difference between a non christian and a christian or an lds-christian in feeling, or is it all the same?

FFH

Veteran Member
That's all? I mean, everybody has these feelings ? Is there any difference between a non christian and a christian or an lds-christian in feeling, or is it all the same?
When you don't have the Spirit with you, there's a literal hollow feeling felt in the heart and sort of a cluttered and frenzied mind follows.

Evidences of the Spirit
Peace of mind
Full heart (literal feeling as if the heart were full)

Evidences of the Spirit having withdrawn
Cluttered or frenzied mind
Empty or hollow heart (literal feeling as if the heart were void of substance)

Our minds and hearts are physically connected by thought nerves in the mind. If the mind, heart and soul (our spirits) are not at ease, at peace or in sinc, disease, sickness and mental dissorders follow.

The Lord speaks to us through our hearts and minds.

A burning (literal) feeling in the heart is one indication that we have the Spirit of the Lord with us to guide and direct us.

Last edited:

madhatter85

Transhumanist

you are naive if you think everyone has those feelings.

The fruits of the spirit are not limited strictly to LDS belief, but you cannot mantain the spirit of righteousness when you are not following the true gospel of Jesus Christ.

Dezzie

I agree. I have been to a Mormon temple in Massachusetts... It was the most beautful thing I have ever witnessed. It was so put together. There was marble and just... beauty in all corners. I took a trip to that Temple to baptize the dead (of course this was back when I was Mormon). It was definitely a wonderful site to witness though. I agree fully. Gorgeous...

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Do the LDSs not have bona fide , recognised,representitives, I have never been in one of their places, I thought they used churches not temples, I lived next door to a family for some years, who used the churches.

Church houses are different places of worship than temples and have a completely different purpose.

Purpose of Temples

Church houses are for preparing the saints to go to the temple. there we hold weekly worship services. there we partake of the sacrament as commanded by Jesus Christ to his apostles in scripture to remember his sacrifice. this must be officiated by proper priesthood authority. Another reason we enter into the meeting houses every week is that the testimonies of others help to strengthen those around them. all talks are prepared and given by regular members. Every 1st Sunday of the month we hold a special fasting and testimony meeting where members are invited up to the pulpit, as they feel moved upon by the spirit to do so, and bear their testimony to the whole congregation. none of the testimonies are prepared beforehand and, to me, has a deeper feeling than a talk prepared a week in advance.

Temple worship is completely different. Only those who are striving to keep the commandments and covenants they made at baptism may enter into the House of the Lord. There we make further covenants of an extremely sacred nature and learn more about the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is prepartory to what we call "Sealings" which are weddings performed only in the temple by one who holds the authority to "bind on earth and also in heaven." these marriages, or sealings, are not just "till death do you part." Instead they are "For time and all eternity." This allows families to continue beyond the veils of death and allows for what we call "Eternal progression." In addition to these things we also perform ordinances on behalf of our deceased ancestors who, during their tenure on earth, did not have the opportunity to hear the true Gospel of Jesus Christ and/or accept it. This way they have the opportunity to choose for themselves whether or not they accept it on the other side of the veil of death. This way all who have ever lived have access to all of the promised blessings. Without these ordinances for the deceased, the whole earth must utterly be wasted at the coming of the Lord.

Last edited:

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Do the LDSs not have bona fide , recognised,representitives, I have never been in one of their places, I thought they used churches not temples, I lived next door to a family for some years, who used the churches.

I also wanted to address the "bonafide"representative" portion of your question.

Article of Faith #6
We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

Just as there have always been prophets on the earth to enter and close each dispensation of time. we believe God has called another prophet, Joseph Smith, to open the final dispensation. This is called the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times, where all things revealed to us by God so far are brought together to bring to pass the immrtality and eternal life of mankind. The difference between this dispensation and the previous dispensations is that this Dispensation will only end with the second coming of our Savior, Jesus Christ. The Proper Authority given to ancient prophets has been restored by the hands of Peter, James, and John, the same beings who walked and talked with Jesus Christ during his mortal ministry. But now resurrected and crowned with glory, the same glory that Christ is given by our Heavenly Father. They restored this Authority to act in God's name through Jospeh Smith and Oliver Cowdry on the banks of the Susquehanna River in May, 1829. This Authority continues on through an unbroken line of succession today through Preisdent Thomas S. Monson, his two counsellors, Henry B. Eyering, and Dieter F Uchtdorf, and the Quorum of the twelve apostles, making up the governing body of the Lord's church. None of these positions are voted for or lobbied for. and none of the leadership positions in the church are paid. We have no "professional" clergy as other religions and the tithes and offerings of the members of the church go directly to the building up of Zion and the Kingdom of God here on the Earth.

Article of Faith 5
We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

Last edited:

zippythepinhead

Your Tax Dollars At Work
Congratulations MH. Great job and congratulations. I have the same joy in the temples around the world. I enjoy the beauty of the Temple. I was in Las Vegas this week. I went to the Vegas Temple. Wow! What a blessing those people have down there. The Strip is well within the Temple view from the hillside, but so far away as far as worldly spirit is concerned. These houses are truly Houses of the Lord. Congratulations.:angel2:

zippythepinhead

Your Tax Dollars At Work
You are welcome to attend one of our churches where you live if you wish. Go to Mormon.org - Home and then click on "worship with us". You can find all the local congregation finder information there.

Note: This is for informational purposes only. Le pinhead.:)

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
I have tried reading the Mormon book a few times but can never get very far, I think it is the type of English used thats the problem for me. I think nearly every Mormon I have spoken to I have noticed a powerful connection to the Lord.

There was a programme on last night about faith and a church of England guy was going round to different faiths, he claimed that there was no record of Jesus meeting native americans, but wouln't the record be the book itsellf?

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I have tried reading the Mormon book a few times but can never get very far, I think it is the type of English used thats the problem for me. I think nearly every Mormon I have spoken to I have noticed a powerful connection to the Lord.

There was a programme on last night about faith and a church of England guy was going round to different faiths, he claimed that there was no record of Jesus meeting native americans, but wouln't the record be the book itsellf?

yes it would be the record itself. Why would the Savior of the entire world, who is not a respector of persons, only reveal himself to a secluded and small portion of the world? IT does not make sense to me that the Lord would allow most of the world to dwindle and perish in unbelief without given the proper chance to believe on his name.

The Book of Mormon has been translated into 127 (maybe more) different Languages, What is your native language? it may be easier to read a free copy of one that is in your native language.

Mormon.org - Home to request a free copy :)

Last edited:

DavyCrocket2003

Anyone can feel the spirit. There is no difference between the spirit touching the hearts of God's children anywhere in the world. This is not biased to any one religion. I believe that most people have felt the spirit. Like at very spiritual times of meditation. The Spirit can say many different things, but it always carries with it a profound sense of love and tenderness. Anyone can experience this. Jesus taught that a man must be baptized of water and of the spirit. This baptism of the Spirit refers to receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It is the same thing Jesus promised to send the disciples after he would be gone from them. Once we have been born of the Spirit, the "Comforter" can be our constant companion. It is an incredible blessing. He can be there as a constant guide and companion, not just some of the time. Of course, we must be striving to follow God's commandments for this to be. As soon as we start to sin, the Spirit must leave. For the Spirit of God dwelleth not in unholy temples, "which temples ye are."