• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Temple Experience

Eddy Daze

whirling dervish
yes it would be the record itself. Why would the Savior of the entire world, who is not a respector of persons, only reveal himself to a secluded and small portion of the world? IT does not make sense to me that the Lord would allow most of the world to dwindle and perish in unbelief without given the proper chance to believe on his name.

The Book of Mormon has been translated into 127 (maybe more) different Languages, What is your native language? it may be easier to read a free copy of one that is in your native language.

Mormon.org - Home to request a free copy :)

My native language is English, I just find the text awkward due to the type of English used . I also believe Christ travelled far and wide preaching

zippythepinhead

Your Tax Dollars At Work
My native language is English, I just find the text awkward due to the type of English used . I also believe Christ travelled far and wide preaching
The type of English used in the Book of Mormon is characteristic of 19th century usage of English, and keeping the Middle English biblical style.

As the language was translated from the Golden Plates, I am sure that keeping the original phrasology was important also. There are a lot of "hebraisms" found in the Book of Mormon. "Hebraisms" or Hebrew ways of saying things as opposed to English are found throughout the Book of Mormon more than the standard KJV Bible.

For example, you will see a lot of "and it came to pass" and "I (insert name) and in the "borders of the land" or "land roundabout". These types of phrasologies are found throughout Semitic languages such as Hebrew, Arabic, Farsi, et al. But I am digressing. The contents of the Book of Mormon are what are most important. That there were other people who knew of and believed in Christ. Also, Christ appeared not only to his followers in the Holy Land, but in the Americas and other peoples also.:)