• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF...

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It may be too early in the morning to describe myself. But I do have a small tip. If the job interviewer asks "Do you have any questions for me?", it scores more points it seems to think one up and ask one, even if you understand perfectly and don't have any questions. That's not only what I've read, but it seemed to work for me, too. I found they sometimes seem disappointed when you say "I have no questions."

This is a great point. Always go to a job interview prepared to answer this question. Saying you have no questions doesn't score you any points.

I've always favored people who ask me how I entered the business and how I achieved my current position. It shows that you are hungry and are looking to advance quickly.

I'm more inclined to hire people that show me they're hungry.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Okay, I hope this is appropriate.

Rival,
The Kami love you and find you precious. That would include Ra, Horus, Isis, Hathor, Bast, Osiris, your ancestors.

Learn+the+Egyptian+Deities.png

Whatever you do, don't attempt any type of suicide. I spent ten weeks in a wheelchair from a jump off a building. My shattered pelvis caused my urethra to be clogged with scar tissue so I couldn't pee for a week and they couldn't get a catheter in. After the surgery I was urinating blood clots larger than marbles. My depends were drenched in blood and I had a urinary tract infection that made it worse. I woke up unable to talk or move with tubes coming out of my mouth and fed through a tube going into my stomach.

A lot of attempts fail and leave people permanently messed up. Please pray for the grace to find meaning in suffering and even perhaps pray for the grace to love suffering, so that this misery has less power over you.

Find the light within. Buddha as he was dying said to find the lamp and light within us. I know you think Jesus was a false teacher, but he did say "The Kingdom of Heaven can be found within".

I'm just using that as an example of one thing he may have been right about. Your Kingdom, and Ra, your sunshine can be found within. Your suffering and prayers can bring all sorts of grace to the world.

SkinArt_Ra_Default.jpg

Being a failure is okay. A lot of Religious people and Spiritual giants have to be failures and losers in the eyes of the world. I would never and never have thought of you as a loser or failure though. ;)

You wouldn't have been elected a moderator if you came across as being as worthless and unstable as myself or as badly behaved as many people at this forum. :)

Dear Sun Goddess Amaterasu Omikami,
istockphoto-885796520-1024x1024.jpg
Great Sun Divinity Amun-Ra, Bast, Hathor, Isis, Inanna, Athena, Nut, Mut, Fatima (Virgin Queen of Heaven and Arab Moon Goddess), Venus, Dionisia, Ishtar, Rebecca, Jacob, Miko Shrine maidens, wise enlightened Buddhas, all benevolent Pharoah's who become types of Osiris after death (Gods of the dead), Cleopatra (final Egyptian Queen and suicide), all Shinto Queens of Heaven who rule the "Holy Roman Empire of the Rising Sun" bless Rival, bless her for her trials, her suffering, her emptiness, the crosses she carries, temptations to despair and suicide.

I especially ask for the intercession of Cleopatra who was a suicide and Nafisa Joseph who was a suicide that I consider patron Saint of those considering suicides (or those who succeed) and my friend Raven Stevens who succeeded at suicide. Please help Rival never to never consider it. I hope she doesn't have a plan, as I know how dark and empty that is.

All Heavenly beings bless those who are despairing, those who will take their lives, those who will attempt and fail. Thank you for leading me to this thread where I can see someone worth suffering for and offering up my suffering and prayers for.

Please, may her suffering lead her to the first degrees of beauty, power, glory, perfection, euphoria, and exaltation, on a spiritual level. Remind her that this life is very fragile and temporary. The next life is where her home truly is. Lead her to full deification, that she become the divinity of her dreams and her dreams come true some day, and save many souls through her suffering. Enlighten her with understanding and anoint her with wisdom from wise entities that existed since before the world began.

Give her prayers that are extremely powerful. Inspire her writings, that her written words and spoken words have much power to change the universe and put all heavenly beings into motion. Prayer governs the creator and all Heavenly beings. Make her a seasoned prayer warrior.

Keep her mind aware of entities that have been around millions of years. Even if she lives to be 100, that is like a drop of water in the ocean compared to eternity. This is truly a short life. Remind her that whether she gets the job or not, a hundred years from now it won't really matter.

I offer up my sufferings and misery and temptations to sin and drug use. I offer up my desires for death and feelings of worthlessness, frustration, inability to hold a job, inability to hold relationships, inability to be mature, and all my humiliation.... I offer up my crosses afflictions and prayers, as an offering for Rival to get well, and for things to improve in her life, for her to find happiness even in the misery, the crucifixions, the crowning of thorns, the sea of bitterness, the dark nights of the soul, the sleepless nights. Let nothing shake her. After the crucifixion comes a glorious resurrection.

In every Holy name I pray, and through the Holy Hamsa and holiest of hands, may my prayer ascend to the creator. May my prayer be purified, perfected, blessed by all Heavenly beings, and embellished. May rain and waterfalls of grace pour fourth upon Rival and all those who struggle with suicidal tendencies. Remind her, she isn't alone. We are connected, because the same creator Spirit within her is within us. We are in this together.

Humanity is sick and sorrowful. May all Kami, Spirits, Angels, Saints, and Heavenly beings join me in praying for her and our troubled world. May she begin to see signs, coincidences, graces, wonders, dream dreams, have locutions, and experience whatever will make her feel life is worth living.

Amen.

Pardon me, but I take it serious when I see something like "actively suicidal" from a valued member of the forum.

That would be cool if you become a type of Joseph of Egypt in a sense. Joseph was a Hebrew slave and very low rank compared to Pharaoh who was Theologically God. Yet Pharaoh let Joseph control his household and possessions. In time of Famine, Egyptians of and people that neighbored the Empire went to Pharaoh and Pharaoh said "Go to Joseph".

If you have a lot of time on your hands, you can become princess of Egypt is my hope for you, if you would enjoy such a vocation or office. According to some traditions, Pharaohs become one with God Osiris after death (God of the dead). You can perhaps become a leader in that Kingdom and world of the dead or a type of Joseph, Princess of Pharaoh's (God's) house and possessions, so that your prayers are inspired, and what you pray or write as a prayer or spoken word will come to pass. Just as Pharaoh obeyed Joseph, despite having a much higher rank, may the gods/goddesses obey you, I pray.

And I pray you get the job too. But if not, it won't matter 100 years from now. Don't stress it. Stress releases all sorts of harmful chemicals into the blood stream and harms you spiritually.

Easy does it lad! :)

Attachments

• png-clipart-kamidana-work-of-art-others-miscellaneous-fictional-character.png
    png-clipart-kamidana-work-of-art-others-miscellaneous-fictional-character.png
    161.4 KB · Views: 0

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It's not really the interview that's bothering me. It's that I clearly haven't slept and am not really en bonne forme.

You can do more when you're not en bonne forme than most can at the top of their game.

You got this.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I have a job interview, too, today. What an amazing coincidence.

But I am very confident I will not ask the girl to tell a little bit about herself. That is probably the most stupid thing to ask at an interview. Stupid for the very reason that it is expected. Comparable with "tell me about your strengths and weaknesses".

Ciao

- viole

I find the question to be invaluable in an interview. It tells me how highly a person thinks of themselves and tells me how detail oriented they are. In asking that question, I'm giving an applicant the perfect opportunity to sell themselves.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
It's a good thing there's no interview process for RF staff because I'm pretty sure no-one would have got the job.

Tell us a bit about yourself:

Vouthon: 1400 page essay.
Harel: I'm Harel, duh.
Rival: Don't mind the décor, this is the psych ward.
Salix: I don't care.
JustGeorge: What's this thingy do again? Oh, hi.

Last edited:

amorphous_constellation

Good luck, focus on the positive like the rest say.

I failed many, many interviews when I was young, and got fired, and reprimanded many times.

I finally got a job when I was hired in from a temp agency, and I didn't talk much for the company interview, cause they already knew me by that time.

I don't know if they have temp or staffing agencies in england, but companies test people out with those, and then hire you on with more pay. Might be an idea

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Good luck, focus on the positive like the rest say.

I failed many, many interviews when I was young, and got fired, and reprimanded many times.

I finally got a job when I was hired in from a temp agency, and I didn't talk much for the company interview, cause they already knew me by that time.

I don't know if they have temp or staffing agencies in england, but companies test people out with those, and then hire you on with more pay. Might be an idea
We have them but they're renown for being terrible. They don't ensure workers' rights either as they're not legally obliged in as much as directly employing someone.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
All i can say is be you, try to omit the negative and good luck

Try

I'm very depressed, I've spent the previous few years being actively suicidal. I have no a social life because I live in a tiny village that neighbours a run-down town. I didn't go to university so I have no stories from there, thank goodness. I'm hyper-quite religious. I have basically stayed indoors the last two years because, well, i was following the governments guidelined told me to. I'm super rather tired as usual because I have crippling insomnia didn't sleep much last night and I have literally no idea how I'm ever actually meant to be up on time even if you did give me this job, but please give me this job because otherwise I might try to jump off a bridge again i feel i have a lot to offer.

No real lies, just a few word omissions and replacements
The problem with that is if you have actual medical problems how do you communicate these?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I find the question to be invaluable in an interview. It tells me how highly a person thinks of themselves and tells me how detail oriented they are. In asking that question, I'm giving an applicant the perfect opportunity to sell themselves.
Well, since this is known to be the most expected question in an interview, how do you know the applicant is answering the way you expect (sincerely), if the applicant is smart enough? What idiot would answer sincerely to that, considering that everyone knows what people, especially in the human resources department, like to hear?

To think that someone with an I.Q. above 100 would answer honestly to that question, would set the I.Q. of the sucker who buys the answer vastly below that level.

Don't you agree with that?

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well, since this the most expected question in an interview, how do you know the applicant is answering the way you expect (sincerely), if the applicant is smart enough?

To think that someone with an I.Q. above 100 would answer honestly to that question, would set the I.Q. of the sucker who buys that below that level.

Don't you agree with that?

Ciao

- viole
The question can be especially difficult for some, such as those with autism.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
If you did well you did well.
I hope you get this one. I think you'd be a good fit.
Christian "sabbath" laws are against me. I may need to travel (most likely will) and this is a weekend job, but because Christians there's no Sunday train service. I could take a taxi, because they said they'd reimburse my travel but wow, taxis are expensive and idk how much they're willing to imburse.

The Bnei Noach aren't meant to have special days, darn it!

Oh great, now I want it again :p

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Working with children who need more help, basically. It appears to be a more open setting than a classroom.

Depending on the meaning of "need more help", I'd be honest but not blunt. I'd ask questions not make assumptions. My first thought is something like this:

I understand first hand what it means to struggle so can relate very easily to children with issues. I can give the children a role model of what it means to put one foot in front of the other, doing my best to help them.

How would my success with the children be measured?