• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TELL ME A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Depending on the meaning of "need more help", I'd be honest but not blunt. I'd ask questions not make assumptions. My first thought is something like this:

I understand first hand what it means to struggle so can relate very easily to children with issues. I can give the children a role model of what it means to put one foot in front of the other, doing my best to help them.

How would my success with the children be measured?

Oops. This is what I get from living on the left coast.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, since this is known to be the most expected question in an interview, how do you know the applicant is answering the way you expect (sincerely), if the applicant is smart enough?

By asking follow-up questions based on their narrative.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
In my interview I'd say "Yes, I am available. I'm looking for a special someone...maybe you! That's not why I'm here though. I'm here to discuss a position with your company."

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Done. Let's hope I did well lol.

Done! Now "Let it be!"

In the group we just had, it was a music group. The instructor, a little Asian lady said "What's a meaningful lyric or quote from a song that comes to mind".

I said, "the first one that comes to mind is "let it be" by Paul Mcartney".

She looked surprised and said, "That's the song our group is focusing on tonight". I kid you not, it seemed like more than coincidence! I have bizarre stuff like that happen way to much to all be just coincidence.

So, she opened with the song "Let it be", and we spoke about all the unhealthy things the mind ruminates on. She handed us colored papers and said, "write down all the things you ruminate on" that are unhealthy.

Then after however many minutes she gave us, she handed us drums and said, "find the beat that goes well with you ripping up all the things your mind ruminates on. Now rip up the papers. Let it be"!

Then we pounded on the drums as she played the piano and sang "let it be" a second time, and she told us to beat softer and softer as the song was ending, and throw the unhealthy fixations in the trash. "Let it be"! She said.

I pray you get the job, but try your best to not ruminate on it if it doesn't work out. Try to remain indifferent as much as that is possible and "Let it be" if the door closes! Or use your best judgement and prudence if "Try, try again" is the better option. Pray for wisdom, discretion, and prudence making the right decision. It sounds like a better job than I've ever had. I hope and pray you get it. :)

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Done! Now "Let it be!"

In the group we just had, it was a music group. The instructor, a little Asian lady said "What's a meaningful lyric or quote from a song that comes to mind".

I said, "the first one that comes to mind is "let it be" by Paul Mcartney".

She looked surprised and said, "That's the song our group is focusing on tonight". I kid you not, it seemed like more than coincidence! I have bizarre stuff like that happen way to much to all be just coincidence.

So, she opened with the song "Let it be", and we spoke about all the unhealthy things the mind ruminates on. She handed us colored papers and said, "write down all the things you ruminate on" that are unhealthy.

Then after however many minutes she gave us, she handed us drums and said, "find the beat that goes well with you ripping up all the things your mind ruminates on. Now rip up the papers. Let it be"!

Then we pounded on the drums as she played the piano and sang "let it be" a second time, and she told us to beat softer and softer as the song was ending, and throw the unhealthy fixations in the trash. "Let it be"! She said.

I pray you get the job, but try your best to not ruminate on it if it doesn't work out. Try to remain indifferent as much as that is possible and "Let it be" if the door closes! Or use your best judgement and prudence if "Try, try again" is the better option. Pray for wisdom, discretion, and prudence making the right decision. It sounds like a better job than I've ever had. I hope and pray you get it. :)
I was just listening to a song I love that I hadn't heard in ages,

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
All in caps because I hate this question. I have a job interview today and I'm sure it will come up. Right now my honest answer would be...

I'm very depressed, I've spent the previous few years being actively suicidal. I have no social life because I live in a tiny village that neighbours a run-down town. I didn't go to university so I have no stories from there, thank goodness. I'm hyper-religious and I have basically stayed indoors the last two years because, well, the government told me to. I'm super tired as usual because I have crippling insomnia and I have literally no idea how I'm ever actually meant to be up on time even if you did give me this job, but please give me this job because otherwise I might try to jump off a bridge again.

:shrug:

How about you???
I live in a hole in the ground. As holes go, it's not bad, but it's still just a hole. I considered renovating it, but it turns out there are contractors that dig ditches, but none that do remodels of holes.

Ducks are out to get me.

For some inexplicable reason I think France isn't real and was invented as a mass marketing campaign to sell wine and toast. I am not sure what this means for @ChristineM. Sounds like she drank the wine.

This morning I woke up. That's it. Just woke up. I don't know why. It is something that seems to repeat itself ad nauseum.

People only like me, because of hasenpfeffer. Which, I have to admit, is pretty tasty despite what that knowledge implies about me.

I hope your interview went well. I hope this silly response gives you some cheer.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
By asking follow-up questions based on their narrative.
I really don't like the question. I'm bad at it. And if I be me I don't get hired. Because me being is short, specific answers, not being good it talking about myself, and it's because of this I discovered there's an "expecting more" look people have.
But I put on the act to appear like a regular person (as in, not presenting as autistic) and I got my job as a case manager. I'm good for the position but interviews are hostile territory when you function normally with social stuff.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I live in a hole in the ground. As holes go, it's not bad, but it's still just a hole. I considered renovating it, but it turns out there are contractors that dig ditches, but none that do remodels of holes.

Ducks are out to get me.

For some inexplicable reason I think France isn't real and was invented as a mass marketing campaign to sell wine and toast. I am not sure what this means for @ChristineM. Sounds like she drank the wine.

This morning I woke up. That's it. Just woke up. I don't know why. It is something that seems to repeat itself ad nauseum.

People only like me, because of hasenpfeffer. Which, I have to admit, is pretty tasty despite what that knowledge implies about me.

I hope your interview went well. I hope this silly response gives you some cheer.

I don't drink so france must be real and despite annual hunting seasons still has plenty of your genetic brethren and sisteren. And you should see .....