• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Televangelist Marcus Lamb Who Called Vaccine Mandate 'Sin' Against God Dies Of COVID

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
it gets transmitted by both vaccinated and unvaccinated.
Obviously.

You are responsible to stay away from people if you don't want infected.

Nobody wants to get infected. Do you think we should all just stay away from each other then?

What if we all want our freedoms, we don't get vaccinated, we don't wear a mask but we want to go into a food shop? How does your plan work?

lostwanderingsoul

Given that there’s no way to know who is vaxxed, you’re suggesting isolation for in vaxxed individuals.

No, just no. I don’t know what planet you come from but it doesn’t work that way on Earth. Get vaxxed, wear a mask, YOU stay home then.
You are exactly right. There is no way to tell who is vaxxed. That is why everyone should be vaxxed. Why should those who are concerned about their health have to worry about those who do not care about anyone?

Suave

Simulated character
Source? Let's hear it. :rolleyes:
Existing COVID-19 vaccines are likely to be much less effective against the Omicron variant of the virus than previous variants, the CEO of drugmaker Moderna has warned.

Speaking to the Financial Times, Stéphane Bancel said the large number of mutations in the variant suggested that the world's COVID-19 vaccines may need to be adjusted to retain their effectiveness against the virus, should Omicron become dominant.

"There is no world, I think, where [the effectiveness] is the same level...we had with Delta," Bancel told the FT on Tuesday.

"I think it’s going to be a material drop. I just don’t know how much because we need to wait for the data. But all the scientists I’ve talked to...are like 'this is not going to be good'."

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
You are exactly right. There is no way to tell who is vaxxed. That is why everyone should be vaxxed. Why should those who are concerned about their health have to worry about those who do not care about anyone?

Personally speaking, I think people have the right to decide whether they will get the COVID-19 vaccination or not. Likewise, I also think people have the right to decide what level of risk they're willing to take with their own life. I don't believe people should be forced, coerced, or shamed into getting the vaccination. Breakthrough cases of COVID-19 are possible, so being fully vaccinated isn't a 100% guarantee that someone won't contract the virus, and even be asymptomatic. I'm fully vaccinated myself, but I'm still cautious whenever I'm out in public. My overall health is very poor, and I have asthma too, so I still wear a mask and practice social distancing when I go out. I like to decide for myself how I will live my life, and I show the same courtesy to other people. Admittedly, I don't necessarily agree with someone else's decision not to be vaccinated or refusal to follow the recommended precautions, but I respect their personal right to decide for themselves. I live in the United States of America, and I value freedom and liberty. "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin.

Last edited:

lostwanderingsoul

Not dumb at all. Either you can't answer it or you know that the answer isn't to your liking. I already know your claim is stupid, so it doesn't matter to me if you want to bother defending it. Just funny to see.
There's that word "stupid" again. A staff member called someone's post stupid. We may not agree on something but that does not require calling the post stupid. I'm sure you already know the answer because you are smarter than most people. so there is no need to play games.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
There's that word "stupid" again. A staff member called someone's post stupid. We may not agree on something but that does not require calling the post stupid. I'm sure you already know the answer because you are smarter than most people. so there is no need to play games.
Don't whine at me, when you called my question "dumb". There's no difference, so don't be hypocritical.

Suave

Simulated character
Trials: COVID vaccines 90% effective against Delta infection, death

"A pair of new real-world COVID-19 vaccine studies show good protection against the Delta (B1617.2) variant, one from Scotland finding higher than 90% effectiveness in preventing death in adults and the other showing 93% efficacy against symptomatic infection in Israeli adolescents after the second dose."

Both studies were published as letters today in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM).

Vaccines 90% effective against adult deaths
In the most recent results of the UK observational study, a team led by a University of Edinburgh researcher estimated the odds of COVID-19 death among 114,706 vaccinated and unvaccinated Scottish adults (plus teens aged 16 and 17) who tested positive for COVID-19 from Apr 1 to Aug 16, 2021, and were followed up until Sep 27.

Vaccinees had received one or two doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech or AstraZeneca/Oxford COVID-19 vaccines. Relative to the vaccinated, unvaccinated adults tended to be much younger, have fewer chronic conditions, have lower socioeconomic status, and be men. Whole-genome sequencing showed that nearly all infections were caused by Delta.

Of 201 total COVID-19 deaths, none occurred among the 7,180 fully vaccinated participants 16 to 39 years old, compared with 17 among the 35,449 unvaccinated participants in that age-group (0.05%). Of participants aged 40 to 59, 33 deaths occurred among the 4,803 unvaccinated participants (0.69%), versus 18 among 12,905 in the fully vaccinated group (0.14%) (16 with AstraZeneca, 2 with Pfizer).

Overall effectiveness against death from Delta infections at least 14 days after the second vaccine dose was 90% (95% confidence interval [CI], 83% to 94%) for Pfizer and 91% (95% CI, 86% to 94%) for AstraZeneca.

Among 40- to 59-year-olds, the vaccines were 88% effective (95% CI, 76% to 93%) against death for AstraZeneca and 95% (95% CI, 79% to 99%) for Pfizer. Overall effectiveness against death was 90% (95% CI, 84% to 94%) with AstraZeneca and 87% (95% CI, 77% to 93%) with Pfizer among those 60 years and older.

First author Aziz Sheikh, MD, said in a University of Edinburgh news release that although the research must be repeated in other settings with longer follow-up time, the results are encouraging.

"With the Delta variant now the dominant strain in many places worldwide and posing a higher risk of hospitalization than previous variants seen in the UK, it is reassuring to see that vaccination offers such high protection from death very shortly after the second dose," he said.

"If you still have not taken up your offer to be vaccinated, I would encourage you to do so based on the clear benefits it offers."

Trials: COVID vaccines 90% effective against Delta infection, death

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Again, it gets transmitted by both vaccinated and unvaccinated.
And no it's not. You are responsible to stay away from people if you don't want infected. That's the only sure way.
I've already shared this with you, but here we go again.

"Evidence suggests the U.S. COVID-19 vaccination program has substantially reduced the burden of disease in the United States by preventing serious illness in fully vaccinated people and interrupting chains of transmission. Vaccinated people can still become infected and have the potential to spread the virus to others, although at much lower rates than unvaccinated people. The risks of SARS-CoV-2 infection in fully vaccinated people are higher where community transmission of the virus is widespread. Current efforts to maximize the proportion of the U.S. population that is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 remain critical to ending the COVID-19 pandemic."
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Please take notice of the important part, in bold.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Given that there’s no way to know who is vaxxed, you’re suggesting isolation for in vaxxed individuals.

No, just no. I don’t know what planet you come from but it doesn’t work that way on Earth. Get vaxxed, wear a mask, YOU stay home then.
No way to know who is vaxxed? Of course there are ways to know that.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The vaxxed spread it and can die from it, too! I thought this was common knowledge by now! o_O
"Evidence suggests the U.S. COVID-19 vaccination program has substantially reduced the burden of disease in the United States by preventing serious illness in fully vaccinated people and interrupting chains of transmission. Vaccinated people can still become infected and have the potential to spread the virus to others, although at much lower rates than unvaccinated people. The risks of SARS-CoV-2 infection in fully vaccinated people are higher where community transmission of the virus is widespread. Current efforts to maximize the proportion of the U.S. population that is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 remain critical to ending the COVID-19 pandemic."
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)