• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tea Party Coloring Book Publisher Says He's Getting Death Threats

Rakhel

I guess this is the best place for this. What do you think?
A coloring book for kids or for adults?

teaparty640_604x341.jpg

The author-publisher of "The Tea Party Coloring Book for Kids" says he has received death threats over its publication.

Wayne Bell, publisher of Clayton, Mo.-based Really Big Coloring Books, said in an interview with CBS that his $3.59 coloring book is not political. But some critics think the book was designed for politically conservative adults, and not for children.

"We're not really making a political statement," Bell told CBS, adding that his company also publishes coloring books on the Rockettes, Cirque du Soleil and President Obama.

Bell told FoxNews.com on Thursday that his office began receiving "odd" phone calls and e-mails five days after the release of the coloring book on Sept. 5. Bell said he did not report those incidents to authorities.

Citing a "need" for a Tea Party coloring book, Bell defended the item as appropriate for children ages 2 to 10.

"Yes, it is appropriate," Bell told Fox News. "We test our products on children."

But Michael Davis, a St. Louis-area Coffee Party organizer, told KSDK.com, "I think it's inappropriate. I really question whether it's even targeted at children. There's not a lot of coloring activities."

FOXNews.com - Tea Party Coloring Book Publisher Says He's Getting Death Threats

A

angellous_evangellous

Let's just hope that they color outside the lines.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Sounds to me like they are looking for some cheap publicity.
The cheap ********.

A

angellous_evangellous

Wayne Bell, publisher of Clayton, Mo.-based Really Big Coloring Books, said in an interview with CBS that his $3.59 coloring book is not political.

That's the kind of collosal stupidity that characterizes the Tea Party.

If he's getting death threats, it's from other members of his own party.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

If he's getting death threats, it's from other members of his own party.
Based upon some of the reports centering this "tea party" group, I would not be the least bit surprised to find out that he is the one threatening his life.

A

angellous_evangellous

Based upon some of the reports centering this "tea party" group, I would not be the least bit surprised to find out that he is the one threatening his life.

:biglaugh:

angrymoose

angrymoose
I guess this is the best place for this. What do you think?
A coloring book for kids or for adults?

I think people who send death threats, regardless of who they support, should go to jail.

I also think cybercriminals like the kid who broke into Sarah Palin's e-mail or the person who broke into the climate scientists e-mails should go to jail

I don't support the tea party.

I believe in democracy which includes a right to be ignorant and stupid. :run:

The tea party people have a right to express their views without facing against criminal acts.

The only valid way to "beat" the tea party, is to present and market, a better approach and beat them at the ballot box.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The real tragedy is that dumb as the Tea Party might be, the 2 big'ns are even dumber.....doing the same thing again & again,
expecting a different result each time. Time to shake things up. Can't get worse. (Yeah, I know...famous last words.) I wonder
where my crayons are?

Alceste

Vagabond
Fox news is the source. I don't see any point discussing the article without seeing a few additional sources corroborating its factual claims. Fox pretty much just makes stuff up.

Alceste

Vagabond
Having read a few other reports on the semi-literate and historically inaccurate content of the book, I can only conclude that IF the publisher is receiving hateful messages, they are far more likely to be from historians and English teachers than from angry progressives. :D

Alceste

Vagabond
Ah, and for further clarification, it seems he is not actually receiving any threats, but is referring to comments he found "on the blogosphere" that seem kind of hostile, sort of.

“Nobody said ‘Wayne Bell, I’m coming for you and I’m going to do this to you’,” Bell told local CBS affiliate KMOX. “But when people say to me (online) ‘We’re going to give you a chloroform headlock’, or they say ‘Let’s try the inner-city ice cream truck method on this guy’…I mean, we’re reading this in the blogosphere.

“I don’t even know what the ‘inner-city ice cream truck’ thing means.”
LiveLeak.com - Tea Party Coloring Book Prompts Death Threats

That's Fox for you. Fact-free.