• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tattoos

Lightkeeper

Anyone here have any tattoos? Would you do it again? Have you ever seen anyone in their 80's with a tattoo? With wrinkling, I supposed what was a young girl would look like a wrinkled old woman.:)

Melody

Lightkeeper said:
Anyone here have any tattoos? Would you do it again? Have you ever seen anyone in their 80's with a tattoo? With wrinkling, I supposed what was a young girl would look like a wrinkled old woman.:)
Yes I have a butterfly tattoo on my ankle and I'd do it again. Most of the time I forget it's there, and then someone comments on it. The reactions are always amusing. When I taught school, the little ones would crouch down and take a close look and admire it. One actually licked his finger, rubbed the tattoo and then informed me that his mommy spanks him when he writes on himself.

If you're concerned about wrinkling, pick something out that looks good wrinkled and/or sagging. :biglaugh:

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
I've got 2; one on my ankle that my other half designed...it's a sort of a dragon/winged serpent thingy. He's got a matching one. The other one is a dolphin, but it was a very bad job...done too deep, so the ink has bled. I plan to get it covered with something else when I have the time to work out what. I'd get another one tomorrow.
If you're worried about wrinkling/sagging then don't get anything put in a place where your skin is gonna stretch. Generally the really old men I've seen with tattoos, the ink has faded so much that you barely notice them anyway.

Circle_One

Yep, I've got a tattoo addiction. I just got my eighth one about a month ago and am going to get another one in March as soon as I can save up the 400$ it's going to cost. After that one, I've two others planned out as well.

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
I have 3 tattoos and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I am still deciding on my next one and where I want it. I also have to wait for my husband to get more ink. ROFL

I have a pentagram with spiked sun rays on my outer left calf; a lightning blade dagger with a purple rose wrapped around it on my outer upper left arm; a heart with wings on my lower right arm.

I used to want a back piece covering my whole back with a forest, moon, Snow owl, wolf and Goddess but after having my hysterectomy my back hurts like heck whenever I walk so I can imagine what it would feel like to have a tattoo there.

I have to agree with the others who stated that if you want a tattoo and are afraid of wrinkling, get it in a place that does nto stretch or get something that would look good wrinkled.

FBI

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Ya know i always wanted an eye of Ra tattoo on the inside of my forearm....
I suppose now that i'm doing the jewish thing and tattoos are prohibited it's better that i didn't :D

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I have never liked the idea of having a tatoo; perhaps it's just an old fashioned 'hangup'; I don't even 'go for' tee shirts with logos. Sad? - no, I think it is a generational thing.:eek:

Master Vigil

I want to get "tang soo do" in korean on one forearm, and then "moo duk kwan" in korean on the other. Either korean or chinese. But I am not sure how to write moo duk kwan in chinese. But I'm sure I can learn. :)

Circle_One

jewscout said:
Ya know i always wanted an eye of Ra tattoo on the inside of my forearm....
I suppose now that i'm doing the jewish thing and tattoos are prohibited it's better that i didn't :D
I've actually got the Eyes of Horus (Right: Eye of Ra and Left: Eye of Thoth for those who don't know) incorporated in the full sleeve I'm getting soon. Just need the finances to do it.

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
Tattoos are a personal preference. If it goes against one's moral teachings or personal beliefs then they don't have to get them.

There are other religions that use tattoos directly as part of the path that is followed. The art of tattooing precedes Christianity. Tattoos were used as a rite of passage. In some cultures tattoos were used to mark the noble or high class citizens.

FBI

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
[PART QUOTE=FyreBrigidIce]
There are other religions that use tattoos directly as part of the path that is followed. The art of tattooing precedes Christianity. Tattoos were used as a rite of passage. In some cultures tattoos were used to mark the noble or high class citizens.

FBI[/QUOTE]
It just goes to show what a wonderful forum this is; there is so much to learn from all the contributors; thank you FBI.:)

FyreBrigidIce

Returning Noob
You're very welcome. This thread is getting close to having me want to do some research and post an essay. Whether I will or not is a different story because I am still trying to relax during my break from school. LOL

FBI

Circle_One

FyreBrigidIce said:
You're very welcome. This thread is getting close to having me want to do some research and post an essay. Whether I will or not is a different story because I am still trying to relax during my break from school. LOL

FBI
That's funny, this thread is making me want to go get my next tattoo now, lol.

Melody

Too weird. I just received an e-mail that said something had been posted here about what the bible says about tattooing but I don't see the post. What happened?

Doc

Space Chief
My dad hates them but I would like one on my arm when I am older. It would be a Technicolor Peace Medallion with Buddha in there holding up a holding a turtle thats holding up a cross. It symbolizes Peace, Buddhism, Love of Animals, and Christianity all as one.