• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tattoos

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I have one. It pays homage to my late daughter. We were going to get one together before she passed, but she passed before we could do this. Hers in on her headstone.

I'll post a pic once it uploads to the cloud.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I have one. It pays homage to my late daughter. We were going to get one together before she passed, but she passed before we could do this. Hers in on her headstone.

I'll post a pic once it uploads to the cloud.

upload_2021-8-29_19-23-31.png
]]

The name is actually copied from her signature in on her driver's license.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
I've thought of getting some to hide my scars...but I don't know what to get

VoidCat

If someone has had them on their stomach can you describe how painful it is compared to other places?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Timing is funny. I got my first tattoo 9 days ago. It was of a certain symbol mentioned earlier. The interesting thing I discovered in conversation with the artist was that it provides employment now for fine artists. This guy got a fine arts degree from Florence Italy, studying the Italian masters, but you can't make a living at that, unless you're lucky or good, so he supports that habit by tattooing.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
If someone has had them on their stomach can you describe how painful it is compared to other places?
More flesh, less pain, or so I've been told. Mine was on the shoulder, same area you get poked with a vaccine shot. Bony spots hurt more.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Timing is funny. I got my first tattoo 9 days ago. It was of a certain symbol mentioned earlier. The interesting thing I discovered in conversation with the artist was that it provides employment now for fine artists. This guy got a fine arts degree from Florence Italy, studying the Italian masters, but you can't make a living at that, unless you're lucky or good, so he supports that habit by tattooing.

*waits patiently for a pic*

VoidCat

Boss always compares any pain to childbirth ... 5 times. I tend to concur with her.
Well pain is pain. You can't compare your own to another person's. It ain't right. Different people have different thresholds. I just know I probably could handle being tattooed cuz I can handle pretty bad cramps.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Well pain is pain. You can't compare your own to another person's. It ain't right. Different people have different thresholds. I just know I probably could handle being tattooed cuz I can handle pretty bad cramps.

Have you had a dentist put freezing in the roof of your mouth, right behind the top front teeth? If you can do that, you do a tattoo with amazing ease.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Yes, everyone has a unique threshold to pain, but I've learned (pain is an old friend) that the suffering pain brings depends upon one's attachment to it.