• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tattoos: Good or Bad?

Are tattoos good or bad?

• No promblem with them at all.

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • They are not good for society, or the individual.

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Only for spiritual reasons should they be used.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They should only be used for aesthetic purposes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Even if I got one, you couldn't see in, under my furry hair...

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
I've three tattoos
tats-002a.jpg
It's Chinese for son with my son's name.

tats-001a.jpg
My only spontaneous tattoo. I love it.

tats-004a.jpg
My first tattoo.

I have a few more planned. The Bloom County one is going to get large as I add all the characters (about 30) -- This one represents my Teen years (when I fell in love with Bloom County)

I have to get a tattoo for my daughters (3 of them)

and I want one of optimus Prime on my upper left arm. It represents my childhood

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
oh and I forgot...one with maple leafs on my inner left forearm...Not for the hockey team but because I love Canada.

Circle_One

Ooh, they're very nice Freak, you seem to like flames like me. I've only got pictures of two out of my 8 on my computer, but I'll put them up for you to see because obviously you're as big a fan of tattoos as I am :D

This is Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas
Jacktattoo2.jpg

And these are my flames
Joflames.bmp

I was supposed to get Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas on the back of my other arm, but as of yet, had not had the money to do so. I'll get her eventually though.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I haven't a clue why, but I have never had the slightest desire to have a tatoo; maybe it's a 'thing' of my generation.....:)

jewscout

Religious Zionist
C1, OF, cool tats!:jam:

i always wanted to get an Eye of Ra on my forarm...in hindsight it's probably better that i didn't:D

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Im going to get a wolf tatood on one arm, and a pentagram on the other.
As for them possible not looking good if I live to be 70, Id rather enjoy them today and worry about that 50 years later when that happens.
I know the saying Good tattoos are not cheap, cheap tattoos are not good, but my brother is good friends with a tattoo artist who uses a home made needle gun thingy, and he has done some very impressive things for cheap.
My mom will be really p.o.ed about them, especially the pentagram, but its my life, my body, not hers.

Circle_One

jewscout said:
C1, OF, cool tats!:jam:

i always wanted to get an Eye of Ra on my forarm...in hindsight it's probably better that i didn't:D
Thank you :D

I had planned, since I started getting tattoos, to get the Eye of Horus on the side of my neck, just behind my ear, but as of yet, have not done it. I've just got too many planned, lol.

And yeah, it is probably better that you didn't get the Eye of Ra :biglaugh:

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
Circle_One said:
Ooh, they're very nice Freak, you seem to like flames like me. I've only got pictures of two out of my 8 on my computer, but I'll put them up for you to see because obviously you're as big a fan of tattoos as I am :D

This is Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas

And these are my flames

I was supposed to get Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas on the back of my other arm, but as of yet, had not had the money to do so. I'll get her eventually though.
I think I'm in E-love:p Those Tattoos are amazing. The Jack one it nicely done and very well proportioned. The flames are just sexy. I've always thought a well placed, well sized tattoo on a lady can highly enhance their bodies.:D

Here are some I found this morning. *Warning...these pictures are a lot like the second one. No nudity, and nothing you wouldn't see in a music video ... but at the same time a lot of people don't like what you would see in a music video.http://www.tattooartists.org/Gallery.asp?GalleryID=1059

Dinogrrl

peeb!
I'm not really worried about what my tattoo will look like 50 years down the road. I figure by then, it'd be faded enough that it wouldn't really matter anyway XD.

j/k

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
If you take care of your Tattoo's they can look really good very late into your life. I put sunscreen on my tattoo all summer long. That way the UV rays won't fade them so much over the years.

Circle_One

I think I'm in E-love:p Those Tattoos are amazing. The Jack one it nicely done and very well proportioned. The flames are just sexy. I've always thought a well placed, well sized tattoo on a lady can highly enhance their bodies.:D
I agree with this whole heartedly. My friends always try to **** me off, making jokes about the size of my chest in proportion to the size of their abnormaly large chests and all I say to them is "Well, first, think about it, when you're 40, your boobs are going to be hanging down to your knees, and guess where mine'll be? Right here, still in place where they should be. And on top of that, I've got a killer tattoo covering the whole right side of my chest which makes me that much sexier than you" :p

I love my tattoos. Years after I've had them done, I still stand in the mirror and marvel at them. My Jack one still makes me giddy, I love it so much, lol.

If you take care of your Tattoo's they can look really good very late into your life. I put sunscreen on my tattoo all summer long. That way the UV rays won't fade them so much over the years.
I do that too, it's extremely important to do that if you don't want them to fade. I have tattoos I had done ten years ago that are still pretty much as colorful as when I got them.

Dinogrrl

peeb!
XD Oh yes, I've been very sure to put sunscreen on mine, even though it's in a place where it doesn't get much sun (on my lower back--but since I sometimes wear short shirts, they will pull up when I'm kneeling to do stuff--which I do often, in my job--it needs sunscreen). That, and I never tan, I only burn, so I always put sunscreen on anyway :D.

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
Dinogrrl said:
XD Oh yes, I've been very sure to put sunscreen on mine, even though it's in a place where it doesn't get much sun (on my lower back--but since I sometimes wear short shirts, they will pull up when I'm kneeling to do stuff--which I do often, in my job--it needs sunscreen). That, and I never tan, I only burn, so I always put sunscreen on anyway :D.
One of my tat's never sees the sun...but shirts don't stop U.V . rays so sunscreen there as well.

Dinogrrl

peeb!
Oh, yeah. The half that it above my jeans I do sunscreen. The day I find out that UV rays can get through jeans /and/ underwear, I'll start worrying about the rest :D.

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
Dinogrrl said:
Oh, yeah. The half that it above my jeans I do sunscreen. The day I find out that UV rays can get through jeans /and/ underwear, I'll start worrying about the rest :D.
I beleive UV rays can go through jeans & underwear. Perhaps you should check into that, because 1/2 of it might fade. :rolleyes: