• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tattoo survey

Do you have at least one tattoo?

• Yes and I love it.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Yes but I regret it

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • No but I'm thinking about getting one

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • No and I'm not interested in having one.

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
I go to the gym quite a bit and, since a lot flesh is bared, have noticed over the past several years an increasing number of people with multiple tattoos. While many of those who are sporting elaborate tattoos are often in their mid20s to mid30s, I've seen several who are closer to my age (mid50s) with an ankle (women) or shoulder (men) tattoo.

Harris Interactive: Harris Polls > One in Five U.S. Adults Now Has a Tattoo
Currently one in five U.S. adults has at least one tattoo (21%) which is up from the 16% and 14% who reported having a tattoo when this question was asked in 2003 and 2008, respectively. Tattoos seem to be most prevalent in the West-26% of adults in that region report having at least one-compared to fewer in the East (21%), Midwest (21%) and South (18%). Adults aged 30-39 are most likely to have a tattoo (38%) compared to both those younger (30% of those 25-29 and 22% of those 18-24) and older (27% of those 40-49, 11% of those 50-64 and just 5% of those 65 and older). Women are slightly more likely than men, for the first time since this question was first asked, to have a tattoo (now 23% versus 19%).

Among those with a tattoo, most have never regretted getting a tattoo (86%) and three in ten say it makes them feel more sexy (30%). One-quarter say having a tattoo makes them feel rebellious (25%), 21% say both it makes them feel attractive or strong, 16% say it makes them feel spiritual and fewer say it makes them feel more healthy (9%), intelligent (8%) or athletic (5%).

Do you regret your tattoo? - body+soul

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm too much of a creative person to have any sort of permanent art on my body.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I have a couple tattoos and while I wouldn't say that I love them I don't regret them at all. They are both quite colorful and could use some touching up as they are quite old now. Were they retouched a bit I'd probably say I love them again, but for right now, they are just a part of me.

Road Warrior

Seeking the middle path..
No tattoos here....but I do have seven scars as a reminder it's still me when I wake up in the morning. :D

HerDotness

Lady Babbleon
No way would I get a tattoo. I'm not into pain for cosmetic reasons at all.

:ignore: Never mind my three ear piercings. Those are different. :ignore:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I go to the gym quite a bit and, since a lot flesh is bared, have noticed over the past several years an increasing number of people with multiple tattoos. While many of those who are sporting elaborate tattoos are often in their mid20s to mid30s, I've seen several who are closer to my age (mid50s) with an ankle (women) or shoulder (men) tattoo.

I'll be 41 this year. I have two and want more. I have one on either side of my upper arm near my shoulder. I want another. Something cool and interesting on my back.

I only go to professional places. there are a lot of wannabe artist out there. Some are awesome but I just don't trust anyone doing tattoos in a friends living room.....:eek:

4consideration

Premium Member
No. Not interested in getting any tattoos. My husband has one and has indicated he would like another. I am fine with that. It's his choice.

About 15 years ago, within my circle of friends, it seemed that everyone was getting a tattoo. I think I was the only one that hadn't. Someone asked me what type of tattoo I would be getting. I said none. The person asked why, and I responded that the only reason that I would get a tattoo would have been to go along with what everyone else was doing, and I wasn't willing to make a choice like that for that reason.

Not getting a tattoo is my way of being a non-conformist. :D

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I have four. Just got my fourth recently. Each of mine are symbolic and mean something special. Strategically placed and thoroughly thought over.

I like them. Forget that they are there often, but, like them. Will get more and they will have special meaning too.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I'm planning on getting one along with a friend. Whereas he's getting a flaming pentagram, I'll probably get an Elder Sign.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Both.

my_elder_sign_by_jedimsieer-d3b3lbo.png

Erebus

I've got a fair few tattoos and I love them. I do need to have a couple of them touched up though and I want another of them extended.

It's not something I recommend for everybody, you need to be sure you won't change your mind about it. You also need something tasteful IMO as tattoos will alter the way people perceive you. You want your body art to enhance your appearance, not make you look like a thug.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I have a very small celtic symbol on my upper hip. I love it. Not many people will ever see it, but it symbolizes part of my identity to me without being something that is easily "dated" or trendy.