• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tarot Reading Question

Appy603

Hi all. I had a question about a tarot reading I received yesterday and i was wondering if someone could possibly expound on what the man told me. Since it is fair to say that I am completely ignorant of paganism (but have a great interest), I didn't know if it would be appropriate to discuss a reading in a public forum, so i figured i would ask if anyone was able to help me out, then describe the reading itself.

I could appreciate your help!

Appy603

Well...earlier that night he said he had seen a shade that seemed to be focused on me. He did a reading where i asked what the shades interest was in me. At the end of the reading he referred to me as a psychic axe, where I was supposed to have psychic abilities concerning dominion over the dead. i was just wondering the validity of something like that from a pagan standpoint.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I wouldn't say that. I haven't heard of those terms, but that doesn't mean anything. I am a little put off by the fact that he initiated though..

However, if there is anything to what he said, there is a branch of Paganism that deals with "dominion" over the dead, necromancy. We have a necromancer here, maybe he can give you a better answer.

Appy603

I am a little put off by the fact that he initiated though..

Well I say he initiated...he mentioned the "shade" that he saw, and my curiosity led to the reading. He seemed apprehensive about the reading, but it came across as if he was building up the mystique to maybe build suspense? I'm not saying that this is the case, only how it came across.

Gentoo said:
e have a necromancer here, maybe he can give you a better answer.

That would be fantastic.

Thanks for the input!

BFD_Zayl

evening Appy, I am open to any questions you may have, so please, if you have any feel free to ask them at your leisure.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It was a dragon deck if I remember correctly. Beyond that I do not know.
I do have a couple dragon decks. If you remember the cards, or maybe the artwork, and the layout design, I can offer my own interpretation.

But personally, had it been me, I would have asked the shade it's interest, rather than do a Tarot reading. It may have been a thought that sent out a certain energy that caught the shade's attention. They too can be curious and like to observe just as much as humans do. It may also have been a spirit guide (or guardian angel), but I have no way of knowing for sure without holding a conversation with this entity, or feeling the type of connection it has to you.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
if you can remember what cards were pulled, and where he placed them (indicating which spread he used) then i could give you a better interpretation of the cards myself, than re-interpret someone else's interpretation.

Appy603

Sorry guys....the only card I can remember distinctly is the king of Cups and he placed it on my far right... don't know if that helps any.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Sorry guys....the only card I can remember distinctly is the king of Cups and he placed it on my far right... don't know if that helps any.

not really i'm afraid.

i could do a secondary reading for you, and explain the results for you, if you would like. :)

blackout

Violet.
Would you do a personal reading for me Mike?

I would be honoured to experience the tarot for the first time
under your practice and insight.

Thanks,
UV

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Would you do a personal reading for me Mike?

I would be honoured to experience the tarot for the first time
under your practice and insight.

Thanks,
UV

sure :)

i'll do a quick 3 card reading now, and the a celtic cross spread later when i have a bit more time free. i need the practice anyway lol.

ok, 3 card reading.

(EDIT: do you want me to Pm you the results, or post them here? i don't mind :) )

the celtic cross spread goes into more detail, i'll have to do that later though, sorry. hope you found that helpful!

blackout

Violet.
Mike,

I'm so sorry I ran off on you.:eek:
I had no choice in the matter.:sorry1:

Anyway I sent you a PM,
but just wanted to say here
that you gave a GREAT reading.

an extreemely accurate reading
that really did get at the HEART
of my past/present/future.

What you said about future
stands as a wonderful & timely confirmation
of what I have just come to realize within myself
very recently. (there's more in the PM)

Can't wait for the full reading.

Thanks so much.:rainbow1:
UltraViolet

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
If anyone needs/wants a second opinion (not that Luke or Mike would give a bad one, of course) I can help :)

Mike182

Flaming Queer
If anyone needs/wants a second opinion (not that Luke or Mike would give a bad one, of course) I can help :)

i feel a string of tarot readings coming on... which is good, i need the practice lol.

Gentoo, you can do a reading for me if you like :) any spread you would like!

i'm experimenting with an astrological spread, as well as a kabbalistic spread at the moment. very interesting but mind bending stuff!

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
i feel a string of tarot readings coming on... which is good, i need the practice lol.

Gentoo, you can do a reading for me if you like :) any spread you would like!

I need the practice too :)

And sure! Anything specific in mind?