• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Take it slow

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There's no chance of a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians. There will never be a two-state solution.

So why waste time when there's so much that can be done.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
There's no chance of a peace agreement between Israel and the Palestinians. There will never be a two-state solution.

But we can try, even if there would be only a temporary peace agreement, whereas at least some deaths could be prevented.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
But we can try, even if there would be only a temporary peace agreement, whereas at least some deaths could be prevented.
The current Israeli government has zero interest in peace with Palestinians. When that changes, I'll be all for trying to achieve some settlement.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Sounds like a realistic and intelligent approach to me. After all, Biden has other fish to fry at present, mainly at home. He has a raging epidemic, the economic consequences of that and US democracy is on the rocks.
All true, but can’t Biden do better than Trump ?

Jake1001

Computer Simulator

What do you think the root of the problem is ?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
What do you think the root of the problem is ?
Over the last two decades, Netanyahoo and his Likud have heavily courted the more fundamentalist religious elements in Israel, and they don't want a two-state solution. Without the support of these groups, Likud can't form a majority coalition.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
All true, but can’t Biden do better than Trump ?

If you wish, take some time when you can to think realistically about the likely consequences of Trump's decision to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem. Granted, it was a good political move for Donald Trump. But as you know, that's irrelevant here.

I think you might reach the same conclusions I have: Biden will be challenged to do worse than Trump, even if Biden does nothing.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
If you wish, take some time when you can to think realistically about the likely consequences of Trump's decision to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem. Granted, it was a good political move for Donald Trump. But as you know, that's irrelevant here.

I think you might reach the same conclusions I have: Biden will be challenged to do worse than Trump, even if Biden does nothing.
Nice to see you, Sunny. Good points, all. I’ve wondered about the long term impact of moving the embassy. On the superficial level it looks good for Israel. But things are not always as they appear. Let me meditate on this post and get back in short order.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Nice to see you, Sunny. Good points, all. I’ve wondered about the long term impact of moving the embassy. On the superficial level it looks good for Israel. But things are not always as they appear. Let me meditate on this post and get back in short order.

I'd be very interested in your views, Jake. Thank you.