• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tahrif (corruption) of the Torah and Bible

Ehav4Ever

The rabbis describe the Samaritan Torah as a falsification (Tahrif) of the Jewish Torah (Jerusalem Talmud Sotah 7.3; Babylonian Talmud Sotah 33b; and Sanhedrin 90b) and the few Samaritan additions to its text were never quoted in rabbinic literature.

Just to visualize what is being discussed.

upload_2022-7-25_17-33-46.png

upload_2022-7-25_17-37-4.png

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Tahrif (corruption) of the Torah and Bible

I agree with the OP that both the Torah (OT) and the Bible (NT), as per the inner evidence in both of them, are corrupted, please. Right?
This has happened though both Moses, and (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, were truthful messengers/prophets of G-d and they did receive direct Converse from G-d, I understand, please. Right?
To add here one post which, to me, is very relevant here also, please.
#17 Thread on " Fully human and fully devine".

Sorry, it cannot get started with me if :
  1. it doesn't have a claim from Yeshua (on basic issues)- the Israelite Messiah, and with gist of reason/s pertaining to that claim also from Yeshua, else, all reasoning/arguments given by one are just beating about the bush and making another religion in the name of Yeshua (like Hellenist-Pauline-Christianity is) but not known to Yeshua, one could say, please. Right?
  2. The same way if one cannot give a claim from Moses with gist of reason/s pertaining to such claim also from Moses* then it also is making another religion in the name of Moses, but not known to Moses, reason suggests it, please. Right?
Regards

There is actually no foundational proof that the Torah was corrupt. To my knowledge every jew believes in the same 1st five books of Moses. Besides all of this The inji and Torah are inspired words of Allah and the Quran does not condemn the gospel and torah but says that the people of the book should look to what Allah revealed in scriptures. Inji and torah which is the bible. Qur'an 10:94.
The bible says if anyone preaches a gospel even an angel other then what we have preached let him be eternally accursed. GALATIANS 1:8.
The Quran preaches against the gospels in theory, and in practice.