• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

System 666 Set-up

InChrist

Free4ever
If the future is fixed as you say, and God knows what it is, as you say, then what's the point of doing anything?

Whichever way you turn, you'll simply be playing into the hands of fate, powerless to alter what God perfectly foresaw before [he] made the universe.
While I believe God knows the future, because He is outside of time and sees the beginning to the end, there is plenty of opportunity for individual choice. I don’t believe because God “sees” everything that means He controls a person’s thoughts or actions.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It sounds like a weather forcast! Ha. Cloudy with a chance of showers tapering off by midday.

The weather experts have been known to be wrong.

Wrong only be degree. Weather forecasting is more accurate now than it has ever been before.

As for the virus, we do not know where it came from. Yes we know the location it was first noticed. Some people say it escaped from a lab. Others say it could not have been man-made. Etc. So it basically depends on who we hire to say what we want.

It still remains specifically from Wuhan regardless. This what is known concerning the virus. Your 'arguing from ignorance does not offer anything constructive here nor any other thread you post in.

"Seriously people—STOP BUYING MASKS!" Surgeon General Jerome Adams tweeted on February 29. "They are NOT effective in preventing [the] general public from catching #Coronavirus, but if healthcare providers can't get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!"

So, you are now the ex-spurt for the pandemic. Really?!?!?! You lack anything constructive and just rant about what you do not know,

As critics pointed out, it was not immediately obvious why the same masks that protect health care workers from infection suddenly become ineffective when worn by an ordinary grocery shopper or pedestrian. To back up his counterintuitive claim, Adams linked to advice from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)."

What's Up With All the Contradictory Advice About COVID-19 and Face Masks?

Adams is Trump's stooge, and that was February 29th when Trump and the Prime Minister of England ridiculed the pandemic, and the Prime Minister got the virus. . It is a witness othe countries who were successful in reducing the impact of the pandemic who used masks and other methods to reduce the impact of the pandemic, and Sweden, United Kingdom, Spain an the USA were late and inconsistent with attempts at dealing with the pandemic had higher cast to fatality ratio. See:Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) - Statistics and Research

Should we trust them? Sure, to a point I would think. However, in one country it is OK to walk a dog but not to go out and walk alone. In another state it may be OK to walk a beach if we social distance. In another state, blah blah blah. etc.

You are skeptical of all science, and offer nothing constructive in respons.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Jesus used a word a lot in reference to those who claimed to be religious, yet lived by double standards and whose hearts were far from truly loving and following God...

“Hypocrites”

There is no first hand evidence that jesus could even speak

ChristineM

Premium Member
Weather forecasting is more accurate now than it has ever been before.

Interesting snippet based on your comment here. I enjoy watching F1 racing. Each team has weather stations and can forcast with 100% accuracy the conditions on track. An example is in 2018 at Hockenheim, rain was forcast on one section of the track at a particular time for only a few minutes (can't remember how many). They were 3 seconds early in their prediction.

dad

Undefeated
Wrong only be degree. Weather forecasting is more accurate now than it has ever been before.
Right, but it is not gospel.

It still remains specifically from Wuhan regardless. This what is known concerning the virus. Your 'arguing from ignorance does not offer anything constructive here nor any other thread you post in.
How viri come to exist and infect people may be something science is somewhat ignorant about, but don't blame me. Those who argue from ignorance are those who do not know and pretend to know. Those who point out ignorance are not arguing from ignorance. Try to find some parable or saying that fits.

So, you are now the ex-spurt for the pandemic. Really?!?!?! You lack anything constructive and just rant about what you do not know,
What you quoted was no me, it was an 'expert'. Try to post honestly.

Adams is Trump's stooge,
Ah, so any expert that agrees with people you hate are no good, I see.
Keep us posted on what experts we can believe then I guess.

and that was February 29th when Trump and the Prime Minister of England ridiculed the pandemic, and the Prime Minister got the virus.
Looks like a lot of people are starting to ridicule the response again. They want access to beaches and parks and some freedom. You see the problem with emergencies is that little lib-tyrants use it as an excuse to enslave others and get their agenda pushed through. There is a real problem and some sort of measures are needed. That does not mean we sell our souls and live in fear.

. It is a witness othe countries who were successful in reducing the impact of the pandemic who used masks and other methods to reduce the impact of the pandemic, and Sweden, United Kingdom, Spain an the USA were late and inconsistent with attempts at dealing with the pandemic had higher cast to fatality ratio. See:Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) - Statistics and Research
So I guess your vote is for experts that are pro mask. Whatever. Wear one if you like. (if you can find some)

You are skeptical of all science, and offer nothing constructive in respons.
Constructive suspicion of leaders known to be baby killers and tyrants in some cases is a healthy thing. I see you aired doubts about the US president and advisors who agree with him in your own post. How does this work, we must only be wary of those you have a hate on for?

dad

Undefeated
Interesting snippet based on your comment here. I enjoy watching F1 racing. Each team has weather stations and can forcast with 100% accuracy the conditions on track. An example is in 2018 at Hockenheim, rain was forcast on one section of the track at a particular time for only a few minutes (can't remember how many). They were 3 seconds early in their prediction.
The margin of error is pretty great. In your case a few seconds, in other cases, well, something quite different.

"A woman in Haifa sued Channel 2, along with weather forecaster Danny Rup, in small claims court. She wanted to receive $1,000 because Rup had predicted on television that the day would be sunny. It turned out to be rainy and stormy"
Wacky Wednesday: Weatherman Sued For Wrong Forecast

ChristineM

Premium Member
The margin of error is pretty great. In your case a few seconds, in other cases, well, something quite different.

"A woman in Haifa sued Channel 2, along with weather forecaster Danny Rup, in small claims court. She wanted to receive $1,000 because Rup had predicted on television that the day would be sunny. It turned out to be rainy and stormy"

No, always accurate on race days, lives depend on that accuracy.

The weather app on my android gives the percentage accuracy, over 24hours it tends to be 100% accurate, never known it to be very wrong except by a degree but i am maybe 1/4 of a mile from our local weather station where the temperature is no doubt more accurate.

However weather can throw a side ball and although my app has been quite accurate for the last few years i would not say it can't be wrong

I remember watching this
The following day the biggest hurricane to hit Europe for years

But weather prediction has improved a lot since then.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Right, but it is not gospel.

Not remotely related.

How viri come to exist and infect people may be something science is somewhat ignorant about, but don't blame me. Those who argue from ignorance are those who do not know and pretend to know. Those who point out ignorance are not arguing from ignorance. Try to find some parable or saying that fits.

Science is not ignorant about viruses, you are.

What you quoted was no me, it was an 'expert'. Try to post honestly.

. . . because you made outrageous claims.

Ah, so any expert that agrees with people you hate are no good, I see.
Keep us posted on what experts we can believe then I guess.

Actually I have a strong background in the biology, biochemistry and epidemiological science, and based my predictions on the evidence, and they are right on so far.

Yes you are guessing based on no knowledge and no evidence.

Looks like a lot of people are starting to ridicule the response again. They want access to beaches and parks and some freedom. You see the problem with emergencies is that little lib-tyrants use it as an excuse to enslave others and get their agenda pushed through. There is a real problem and some sort of measures are needed. That does not mean we sell our souls and live in fear.

So far crowd approval is not a logical nor coherent argument. In fact it is a falote] acy.

So I guess your vote is for experts that are pro mask. Whatever. Wear one if you like. (if you can find some) [/quote]

I do not argue specifically pro-mask. I argue for the comprehensive, proactive and aggressive policies of those countries which were successful in reducing the fatalities from the pandemic I argue for life.

Constructive suspicion of leaders known to be baby killers and tyrants in some cases is a healthy thing. I see you aired doubts about the US president and advisors who agree with him in your own post. How does this work, we must only be wary of those you have a hate on for?

Changing the subject and supporting the leaders of the countries advocating for higher fatalities for the elderly and vulnerable including the very young.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

The weather app on my android gives the percentage accuracy, over 24hours it tends to be 100% accurate, never known it to be very wrong except by a degree but i am maybe 1/4 of a mile from our local weather station where the temperature is no doubt more accurate.

However weather can throw a side ball and although my app has been quite accurate for the last few years i would not say it can't be wrong.

OK example.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Incomplete citation of the reference, and your line of reasoning is still nonsense, because you have not referenced any science concerning the average accuracy of weather reporting over time.

dad

Undefeated
Lives might be safer if they drove slower and forgot about weather forecasts?

"So will we ever be able to predict the weather with 100% accuracy? In short, no. There are 2×10⁴⁴ (200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) molecules in the atmosphere in random motion – trying to represent them all would be unfathomable. The chaotic nature of weather means that as long as we have to make assumptions about processes in the atmosphere, there is always the potential for a model to develop errors."
Why the weather forecast will always be a bit wrong

But weather prediction has improved a lot since then.
Yes it has. So has nedical diagnosis and treatement. However, in the US, about a third of the deaths each year are a result of medical error apparently.

3rd biggest killer in US is medical error – Johns Hopkins study

ChristineM

Premium Member
OK example.
Screenshot_20200503-232601.png

ChristineM

Premium Member
Lives might be safer if they drove slower and forgot about weather forecasts?

How about we all stayed at home and read the bible???

Development in motorsport is what the safety of your car is based on.

So will we ever be able to predict the weather with 100% accuracy? In short, no. There are 2×10⁴⁴ (200,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) molecules in the atmosphere in random motion – trying to represent them all would be unfathomable. The chaotic nature of weather means that as long as we have to make assumptions about processes in the atmosphere, there is always the potential for a model to develop errors."
Why the weather forecast will always be a bit wrong

You have no idea what you are talking about do you?
It's closer to 1*10^44 those the upper atmosphere are irrelevant, and you don't need to predict every one, just general trends

Yes it has. So has nedical diagnosis and treatement. However, in the US, about a third of the deaths each year are a result of medical error apparently.

3rd biggest killer in US is medical error – Johns Hopkins study

How is that relevant?

dad

Undefeated
How about we all stayed at home and read the bible???
No a balance is needed.

Development in motorsport is what the safety of your car is based on.
No excuse for driving like a banshee.

You have no idea what you are talking about do you?
It's closer to 1*10^44 those the upper atmosphere are irrelevant, and you don't need to predict every one, just general trends
If you don't like the link don't blame me.

How is that relevant?
[/QUOTE]
When we are asked to trust a medical system that is responsible for something like a third of all deaths each year from medical error, as well as for killing boatloads of babies each year, it does have some relevance. We should take anything they say (however conflicting the advice may be from experts within the field may be) with a grain of salt.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
While I believe God knows the future, because He is outside of time and sees the beginning to the end, there is plenty of opportunity for individual choice. I don’t believe because God “sees” everything that means He controls a person’s thoughts or actions.
EITHER you can act in a manner God did not foresee and, it follows, God's foresight is imperfect, OR you can't, because [his] foresight is indeed perfect.

Which seems correct to you?