• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SVB

Vee

Premium Member
So, Silicon Valley Bank went bust. Will it be the only one? I have my doubts.
I believe the bigger banks will be very happy with the opportunity to buy the good assets of the banks that are going bankrupt for next to nothing, while the bad assets will once again be someone else's (a.k.a. all of us) problem. Business as usual.
I feel so sorry for the people who had their money in those banks, the employees that just lost their jobs and the stock holders that just saw their investment go up in smoke.
Any thoughts?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I believe the bigger banks will be very happy with the opportunity to buy the good assets of the banks that are going bankrupt for next to nothing, while the bad assets will once again be someone else's (a.k.a. all of us) problem. Business as usual.
I feel so sorry for the people who had their money in those banks, the employees that just lost their jobs and the stock holders that just saw their investment go up in smoke.
Any thoughts?

I understand that HSBC bought the British branch of SVB for £1.00 in rushed talkies on Friday evening.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Any thoughts?
Not the first.

Won't be the last.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Any thoughts?
Trump and the Pubs, with some Dem votes as well, decided to go back to the pre-2008 rules because of their "god", which is $.

"Those who don't learn from history, ...".