• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survival

Shermana

Heretic
If you want to believe that all that mattered was belief in the resurrection of Christ, then you must toss out almost all of what even Paul teaches, let alone what Jesus and John and James and Jude says. Believe what you want.

But the ones who "survive" will be those who obey "The commandments of God", and those commandments are THE commandments, they don't change. Even "The law of liberty" James speaks of is the same exact Law.

Call_of_the_Wild

If you want to believe that all that mattered was belief in the resurrection of Christ, then you must toss out almost all of what even Paul teaches, let alone what Jesus and John and James and Jude says. Believe what you want.

But the ones who "survive" will be those who obey "The commandments of God", and those commandments are THE commandments, they don't change. Even "The law of liberty" James speaks of is the same exact Law.

Sherm, James was an APOSTLE. What the heck are you talking about? Of course he not only believed in the Resurrection but he also obyed the commandments of God. So please, spare me of the over analyzations.

Shermana

Heretic
Sherm, James was an APOSTLE. What the heck are you talking about? Of course he not only believed in the Resurrection but he also obyed the commandments of God. So please, spare me of the over analyzations.

You're not even close to being on the same page as me. As usual. I'm not sure what the point of trying to discuss with would be since you're basically dead set on a minimalist interpretation and brushing off anything that tries to be consistent with the details as "over analyzing". Especially with someone who "Doesn't do links".

I'm assuming you'd accuse James and John of over-analyzing the message as well.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
As for the disciples.....
I see report even in the gospels, the disciples did not understand Him.
He told them so.

Survival...in terms of standing before an Almighty Judge?
I thought that was the topic.

Call_of_the_Wild

You're not even close to being on the same page as me. As usual. I'm not sure what the point of trying to discuss with would be since you're basically dead set on a minimalist interpretation and brushing off anything that tries to be consistent with the details as "over analyzing". Especially with someone who "Doesn't do links".

I'm assuming you'd accuse James and John of over-analyzing the message as well.

You are sitting here telling me that James was not a believer, and then you give some wild and crazy explanation about what constitutes a believer. I mean seriously, why are we having such a discussion? James was a believer in Jesus Christ, he believed in the Resurrection and as an Apostle he obeyed the words of Jesus Christ.

What more do you want, Sherm? What are you trying to prove? As I said, there is no reason to even attempt to make a fuss about such a thing.

Shermana

Heretic
You are sitting here telling me that James was not a believer, and then you give some wild and crazy explanation about what constitutes a believer. I mean seriously, why are we having such a discussion? James was a believer in Jesus Christ, he believed in the Resurrection and as an Apostle he obeyed the words of Jesus Christ.

What more do you want, Sherm? What are you trying to prove? As I said, there is no reason to even attempt to make a fuss about such a thing.

Oh I'm telling you that James was not a believer now? Wow. Very interesting, considering I believe James was the inheritor of the True Church. Is this because I believe he believed there was more to being a believer than simply believing in the resurrection? Therefore anyone who believes in something beyond a dead-minimalist (Post-Lutheran) interpretation of the Christian message is "overanalyzing" and "not a believer"? See, this is what I'm talking about. You did it again.

Those of such a minimalist mentality will not have "Survival". Jesus specifically warns against this. To an extent, so does Paul.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
As the Psalmist said: "If You, O Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But there is forgiveness with You, that You may be feared."

Nice scripture response. Yes, those who have forgiveness and salvation in Christ will stand, if not in this life, for eternity.

InChrist

Free4ever
And just think for 2000 years now, there is nothing but wrong people thinking

"the end is near"

Not wrong, just premature according to God's time frame and perspective...

...knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 2 Peter 3:3-4

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:8-9