• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suppression of Free Speech on Covid

Pogo

Watching and listening to a video does not involve reading comprehension. Apparently the ability to reason is also a problem for the big pharma fanbois.
Exactly, watching a video is not the equivalent of reading to one who has stated they will only read. Thus we are questioning your reading comprehension, you do understand the difference between reading and watching?

Ebionite

Exactly, watching a video is not the equivalent of reading to one who has stated they will only read. Thus we are questioning your reading comprehension, you do understand the difference between reading and watching?
What I understand is that you're not worth responding to. You're on ignore.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Watching and listening to a video does not involve reading comprehension.
That was his point. Let's recap the discussion:

You: "Your lack of reading comprehension is about consistent with your refusal to face the facts about the injury caused by the "safe and effective vaccine"

He: "Reading comprehension?"

You: "It's what some people exercise when they respond to a post. Maybe someone else will explain it to you."

You: "Watching and listening to a video does not involve reading comprehension. Apparently the ability to reason is also a problem for the big pharma fanbois"

He: "Exactly, watching a video is not the equivalent of reading to one who has stated they will only read. Thus we are questioning your reading comprehension, you do understand the difference between reading and watching?"

You: "What I understand is that you're not worth responding to. You're on ignore."​

Not your finest hour. This kind of chaotic thinking undermines your other claims.
Apparently the ability to reason is also a problem for the big pharma fanbois.
But it's YOU that has the reading comprehension deficit. It's more important than ever when criticizing somebody else's ability to think well that you do not make blunders like these yourself.
What I understand is that you're not worth responding to. You're on ignore.
Do you see withholding your responses to a particular poster as some kind of leverage? Should he count that a loss?

Ebionite

From Peter McCullough:

The COVID-19 crisis and the mass vaccination debacle has caused all of us to re-evaluate the ever-expanding childhood and adult CDC ACIP vaccine schedule and similar programs outside of the United States.

This new video “Do Vaccines Make Us Healthier?”, updated for 2024, catalogues important control group science to answer the question, and discusses a legal solution being introduced in the 2024 Congress:

RESOURCES Courtesy of Greg Glaser and Dr. Brian Hooker

1. Unvaccinated Study #1: Analysis of health outcomes in vaccinated and unvaccinated children: Developmental delays, asthma, ear infections and gastrointestinal disorders - https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/2050312120925344

Link

In this study, which only allowed for the calculation of unadjusted observational associations, higher ORs were observed within the vaccinated versus unvaccinated group for developmental delays, asthma and ear infections.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That was his point. Let's recap the discussion:

You: "Your lack of reading comprehension is about consistent with your refusal to face the facts about the injury caused by the "safe and effective vaccine"

He: "Reading comprehension?"

You: "It's what some people exercise when they respond to a post. Maybe someone else will explain it to you."

You: "Watching and listening to a video does not involve reading comprehension. Apparently the ability to reason is also a problem for the big pharma fanbois"

He: "Exactly, watching a video is not the equivalent of reading to one who has stated they will only read. Thus we are questioning your reading comprehension, you do understand the difference between reading and watching?"

You: "What I understand is that you're not worth responding to. You're on ignore."

No, that was my point. I made the following statement, not Pogo. "Watching and listening to a video does not involve reading comprehension." (my #1660). The fact that Pogo agreed with that statement does not make it his point.
Then you didn't understand what he meant by "Reading comprehension?," which preceded your comment in quotes in this quote section. He questioned your use of the phrase in reference to watching and listening to a video, which he confirmed with his next comment. It looks like you treated the comment as asking you what reading comprehension means given your condescending definition of the term.

It's actually YOU agreeing with HIS point.

As I said before, this is not your finest hour. Your confusion due reading incomprehension and your insolence are in black and white here. One of the most embarrassing mistakes possible here is to criticize somebody else's intelligence and making mistakes doing it such as condemning the reading comprehension of others while failing to have understood what he wrote and you read yourself. Just yesterday, an RF creationist called somebody an "imbocile."

Here's a classic case of that. One doesn't want to do anything like that ever:

1713816937932.png

Ebionite

Then you didn't understand what he meant by "Reading comprehension?," which preceded your comment in quotes in this quote section.
Again you are wrong. It was a obviously a question, which would imply a request for clarification.

He questioned your use of the phrase in reference to watching and listening to a video, which he confirmed with his next comment.
Yes.

It looks like you treated the comment as asking you what reading comprehension means given your condescending definition of the term.
You're ignoring the context of his inane response (quoted in my #1641) regarding the difference bewteen a OIA response for which there was no information available and one in which the available information was redacted.

Simply put, vaccines work, albeit imperfectly.
You're ignoring that data that shows that the unvaccinated are better off.

Ebionite

Lawsuit Seeks to ‘Ban the Jab’ in Florida — Declares Injections Biological and Technological Weapons

On March 3rd, 2024, Dr. Joseph Sansone filed a Writ of Mandamus in the Supreme Court of Florida seeking to compel Governor Ron DeSantis to prohibit the distribution of Covid 19 injections (nanoparticle injections/mRNA injections) in the State of Florida.

The writ was denied and Sansone has indicated that he indends to appeal.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It was a obviously a question, which would imply a request for clarification.
Except that it was a rhetorical question, meaning a statement ending in a question mark, like "How would I know," which is not a question (interrogative) seeking an answer or clarification, but a way of writing the declarative sentence, "I have no way of knowing."

Perhaps you did mistake his comment for a request for clarification, but that brings us back to the subject of comprehending what is read.
You're ignoring the context of his inane response (quoted in my #1641) regarding the difference bewteen a OIA response for which there was no information available and one in which the available information was redacted.
The only relevant context is that you referred to reading comprehension when discussing a video. I don't know what OIA stands for, but it doesn't matter
You have no such data. The data we have says the opposite.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I've seen much of the data as reported in numerous articles in Scientific American plus other sources, such as the Mayo Clinic studies that I have posted twice.

Here's some more links: Explaining How Vaccines Work

How do vaccines work?

How do different types of COVID-19 vaccines work?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
From Peter McCullough:

The COVID-19 crisis and the mass vaccination debacle has caused all of us to re-evaluate the ever-expanding childhood and adult CDC ACIP vaccine schedule and similar programs outside of the United States.

This new video “Do Vaccines Make Us Healthier?”, updated for 2024, catalogues important control group science to answer the question, and discusses a legal solution being introduced in the 2024 Congress:

RESOURCES Courtesy of Greg Glaser and Dr. Brian Hooker

1. Unvaccinated Study #1: Analysis of health outcomes in vaccinated and unvaccinated children: Developmental delays, asthma, ear infections and gastrointestinal disorders - https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/2050312120925344

Link

In this study, which only allowed for the calculation of unadjusted observational associations, higher ORs were observed within the vaccinated versus unvaccinated group for developmental delays, asthma and ear infections.

You need better sources.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The Biden administration "ran afoul" of the First Amendment by trying to pressure social media platforms over controversial COVID-19 content, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans ruled Friday.

I think not only did they pressure websites -- but also silenced opposing medical voices to maintain a narrative. IMV

Makes one wonder how many platforms were forced to police, or make their own decision, as to what was right and what was wrong violating Constitutional free speech and the conversations that were pertinent to the issue.

I recall my wife got very ill because of the Covid vaccine. She got singles. I read the vaccine would suppress one's immune system which made a person more susceptible to other viruses. When I mentioned this to my boss at work he got upset and basically said I wasn't allowed to say that. Even though it was true as confirmed by her doctor and my own research.

Should a truth be suppressed because it will give people a reason to be cautious about getting the vaccine? :shrug:

If the truth has a chance of causing people to act in a way you'd prefer them not to act...
Who gets to make that decision.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Should a truth be suppressed because it will give people a reason to be cautious about getting the vaccine?
No.
I recall my wife got very ill because of the Covid vaccine. She got singles. I read the vaccine would suppress one's immune system which made a person more susceptible to other viruses. When I mentioned this to my boss at work he got upset and basically said I wasn't allowed to say that. Even though it was true as confirmed by her doctor and my own research.
But you are allowed to say that, just not at work perhaps.

And yes, you are correct about Covid shots activating shingles. There is evidence that repeated boosters, especially if given too close to one another and especially in the elderly and in those with preexisting conditions, can lead to enough immunosuppression to activate shingles, which is occasionally devastating: Adverse effects of COVID-19 vaccines and measures to prevent them.

Shingles, as you know, is the result of a viral infection usually acquired decades earlier, and underscores the fact that some viruses make permanent homes in our bodies that can result in long-term sequelae. Besides shingles being long VZV (varicella-zoster virus) and that AIDS is long HIV (human immunodeficiency virus), which most people seem to know, cervical cancer is long HPV (papillomavirus), Multiple Sclerosis is long EBV (Epstein-Barr Virus), Alzheimer's is long HSV (herpes simplex virus), and liver cancer is long HCV (hepatitis C virus).

And we know that severe Covid infections produce irreversible organ damage, especially in the brain, lungs, heart, and kidney:

LUNG
New study into long-term impacts of lung damage after COVID-19 – UKRI
Study examines the effect of long COVID on lung health (medicalnewstoday.com)

KIDNEY
COVID-19 and Your Kidneys: What You Should Know
Long-term effects of Covid-19 on the kidney | QJM: An International Journal of Medicine | Oxford Academic (oup.com)

HEART
The COVID Heart—One Year After SARS-CoV-2 Infection, Patients Have an Array of Increased Cardiovascular Risks | Cardiology | JAMA | JAMA Network
COVID-19 (coronavirus): Long-term effects - Mayo Clinic

BRAIN
Severe COVID-19 can trigger drop in IQ similar to aging 20 years, study shows - UPI.com
COVID-19 and Your Brain: What You Should Know

It gets even more complicated. Immune suppression from past vaccines makes future vaccines less effective. And there is a vaccine for shingles.

As for myself, I'm almost 70 years old now, was vaccinated as soon as vaccines were available, and had my most recent booster last fall. We avoided the virus before vaccination, and perhaps since then as well, although we both had an unidentified upper respiratory track infection about six months ago which may have been Covid. We didn't feel the need to test, since we quarantined ourselves, which we would have done even for a simple cold, so we don't know.

My point is that if I've had that bug, I had it with a prepared immune system, which I assume minimized the viral load and the duration of the active phase of the illness, and thus the degree to which the virus penetrated and made a home in my tissues.

We need to assess the risk of being vaccinated compared to the risk of being unvaccinated. I will continue to take the risk of the vaccinating for Covid. But that might change in the future.

Ebionite

Many have abandoned the media’s desperate attempt to ignore why cancer rates are spiking. Now, the American Cancer Society is sounding the alarm, predicting an 80% increase in tumors by 2050. Meanwhile, independent researchers have stepped up and honed in on credible sources pointing to the mass COVID vaccine rollout in 2021 as the prime culprit.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Many have abandoned the media’s desperate attempt to ignore why cancer rates are spiking. Now, the American Cancer Society is sounding the alarm, predicting an 80% increase in tumors by 2050. Meanwhile, independent researchers have stepped up and honed in on credible sources pointing to the mass COVID vaccine rollout in 2021 as the prime culprit.

And you use that as your source??? What's next-- proof from old copies from MAD magazine?

IOW, all you are doing is grasping at straws using whatever source fits your paradigm. I can't even access that source because it forces you to join it in order to even read it. Did you sign up for it? If so, then maybe copy & paste here what it says.

Vaccines work, but basically all meds have some side effects.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

Now the vaccine causes cancer?
LOL Is there anything it doesn't do?? :rolleyes:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Your video doesn't support your linking the uptick in cancer cases with Covid vaccinations. At 1:31 we hear:

"The scariest thing about this is that we actually don't know what is driving this uptick." But Ebionite thinks he does.

You mentioned other "independent researchers" but didn't cite them. Could they be the four out of five dentists who chew gum or recommend a toothpaste?

Don't you hate it when people look at your links rather than just take your word for what they say or imply, or when they expect you to back your claims up? What you offer is enough for the people you can gaslight. It looks sciency, and it had an ominous sounding soundtrack, which ought to be a red flag, but that that's enough to convince people able to evaluate claims critically.