• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Supposedly, evolution produced the immune system in all creatures. That is also impossible. It is just way too irreducibly complex to have evolved.

SavedByTheLord

Supposedly, evolution produced the immune system in all creatures. That is also impossible. It is just way too irreducibly complex to have evolved.

The immune system must have already existed before viruses because viruses are not the first living creature. This just establishes the fact that the first living creature must have been impossibly complex. There is an innate and an adaptive immune system. Not all creatures have the adaptive immune system. So, both must have evolved separately. So, there is at least 2 super great miracles of miracles. Not only that but there must have been at least 6 others, if not more, super great miracle of miracles because the immune system must have drastically changed at least 2 times because sexual reproduction and multicellular organisms would have not survived without drastic changes in the immune system. A multicellular organism would have to recognize the other cells as not another organism but the same organism and not attack each other. The same is true for offspring from sexual reproduction as they are not genetically the same as the mother. Also, the father must have been able to donate genetic material which would not have been destroyed by the mother’s immune system since it is another organism.

The immune system is many creatures has 2 different distributed and interconnected immune system responses, t1 and t2. Ans this must have also been a super great miracle of miracles.

Here are some links which just scratch the surface of this.

Immune system

Immune system - Wikipedia

The Beneficial Functions of Endogenous Retroviruses

The immune system

Amazing Design in the Chemistry of Pregnancy

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The only super great miracle of miracles I see here is the persistence and frequency of these arguments.

What do you hope to achieve with this? You could have learned more about the Bible and biology in the time it took to repeat these numerous claims from creationist sources.

SavedByTheLord

The only super great miracle of miracles I see here is the persistence and frequency of these arguments.

What do you hope to achieve with this? You could have learned more about the Bible and biology in the time it took to repeat these numerous claims from creationist sources.
Read your post to yourself.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
It's My Birthday!

The immune system must have already existed before viruses because viruses are not the first living creature. This just establishes the fact that the first living creature must have been impossibly complex. There is an innate and an adaptive immune system. Not all creatures have the adaptive immune system. So, both must have evolved separately. So, there is at least 2 super great miracles of miracles. Not only that but there must have been at least 6 others, if not more, super great miracle of miracles because the immune system must have drastically changed at least 2 times because sexual reproduction and multicellular organisms would have not survived without drastic changes in the immune system. A multicellular organism would have to recognize the other cells as not another organism but the same organism and not attack each other. The same is true for offspring from sexual reproduction as they are not genetically the same as the mother. Also, the father must have been able to donate genetic material which would not have been destroyed by the mother’s immune system since it is another organism.

The immune system is many creatures has 2 different distributed and interconnected immune system responses, t1 and t2. Ans this must have also been a super great miracle of miracles.

Here are some links which just scratch the surface of this.

Immune system

Immune system - Wikipedia

The Beneficial Functions of Endogenous Retroviruses

The immune system

Amazing Design in the Chemistry of Pregnancy
Argument from incredulity / awe / complexity.

All of these are incarnations of the argument from ignorance.
Logical fallacies.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Then prove how any of them came from random mutations.
If there were no random mutations, you wouldn't even be here today typing these kind of posts.

Maybe you should start proving yourself just how people cannot have random mutations which of course is impossible because such people wouldn't be here as well, because if you don't change and adapt to your environment, then you're going to be wiped out when the environment changes.

That's why you see species go extinct and other species survive.

SavedByTheLord

If there were no random mutations, you wouldn't even be here today typing these kind of posts.

Maybe you should start proving yourself just how people cannot have random mutations which of course is impossible because such people wouldn't be here as well, because if you don't change and adapt to your environment, then you're going to be wiped out when the environment changes.

What malarkey is that.
God created all things, living and non living.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
It's My Birthday!
Then prove how any of them came from random mutations.
I have no need to "prove" anything to you.

Your use of logical fallacies is enough justification to dismiss your "argument" as just that: fallacious.

Even if we wouldn't know about evolution and wouldn't have a clue about how any trait in any living thing originated, then still your "argument" could be rationally dismissed simply because it relies on logical fallacies.

Logically fallacious arguments do not require any rebuttal or disproving. They just require pointing out.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
I have no need to "prove" anything to you.

Your use of logical fallacies is enough justification to dismiss your "argument" as just that: fallacious.

Even if we wouldn't know about evolution and wouldn't have a clue about how any trait in any living thing originated, then still your "argument" could be rationally dismissed simply because it relies on logical fallacies.

Logically fallacious arguments do not require any rebuttal or disproving. They just require pointing out.

This^^^

All of these threads have been display after display of bad reasoning. it's boring, honestly

Twilight Hue

What malarkey is that.
God created all things, living and non living.
Well that's easy to say anyways.

You can't even explain in any way , shape, or form to anybody just how God does it , and where you can show people in real life exactly where God does it so they can see for themselves if you're full of bull or not.

I'd say the malarkey here is all entirely in youse mo..leg..kee.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

You have still not offered any guess as to why immune systems were not there before illnesses. Any idea?

YoursTrue

Well that's easy to say anyways.

You can't even explain in any way , shape, or form to anybody just how God does it , and where you can show people in real life exactly where God does it so they can see for themselves if you're full of bull or not.

I'd say the malarkey here is all entirely in youse mo..leg..kee.
The Bible does not need to explain it. Otherwise it would be longer than your lifetime to read and understand it.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
It's My Birthday!
You have still not offered any guess as to why immune systems were not there before illnesses. Any idea?
Why would they be?
Evolution is a reactionary process to environmental pressures.

No defense mechanisms are going to evolve against threats that aren't there.
Off course health hazards, like illness, were there before immune systems evolved.... duh.

Immune systems evolved as a response to such hazards, not the other way round.

Evolution of such systems is like an arms race. It's reactionary.
A predator evolves a small edge over its prey, its prey in response evolves a defense mechanism against it and so on.

YoursTrue

That's pretty convenient.

I just want to see where the poofing occurs and God saying, "Ta Da"!
The Bible is not a book about how God did it. Otherwise the data would probably be so long that it would overflow in all the libraries of the world. Meantime there's plenty of written stuff that you can read, right? New data and experiments. And of course you can always take courses to try to figure things out. :)
Meantime do you have any idea how the immune system developed? Have a good day. :)

YoursTrue

You have your life now, no problem as they say. And you evidently are smart enough to figure you're aware of life around you. So have a good day.

YoursTrue

Not a matter of convenience, it's the truth. Do you have any idea how the first immune system got started? Or when the first illness occurred? Any idea at all? Could be another area for scientists to work on, hmm? Take care.

Twilight Hue

Who said they weren't?

I don't have to have any ideas when I can just consult with the experts in the field on the subject. Always an interesting and fascinating read, provided you can understand it.

Twilight Hue

You have your life now, no problem as they say. And you evidently are smart enough to figure you're aware of life around you. So have a good day.
Yep, and with no orientation from any God when it started. I'm having a very good day, and hope yours is a good day too.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Why should he give you a tutorial on the evolution of immune systems? It’s all publicly available. Look it up If you are interested. Which you aren’t of course.

Take care [not to learn anything]