• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Summer Olympics....Your Observations

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Is there anything more ridiculously superfluous than synchronized diving?
Diving I can understand.
But adding the goal of being identical to another person is weird.
What next....
Synchronized weightlifting?
Synchronized hammer throw?
Synchronized 10m air rifle?

Still....not as strange as that 2 man luge thing in the winter.
1 grown man lying on another sledding down a hill....I want
to call it "so gay", but I'm too woke to do that.

Synchronised swimming is about as _________ (fill in the blank) as it gets.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Women's beach volleyball looks like a bikini competition with the skimpy nonsense they make them wear. They're a slight wardrobe malfunction away from wearing thongs (malfunctions which are occuring) and the camera seems to be focusing on their back sides. This is disgusting.
Now the men are playing and they get to wear jerseys and loose shorts, like basketball shorts. Not even bare-chested. What a farce!

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The best in the world at...

And I saw this....
Yes, I saw it live.
You see how many medals India wins this time and over the last 10 Olympics and consider the population..you will see what I saying.
Compare it to how Indians (both citizens and expats) fare at Math/Science Olympiads, spelling bee, chess etc.....

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I have always enjoyed playing sports [gymnastics, baseball, hockey, racquetball, and bowling], but I am not anywhere near as fond as just watching sports. I've only watched maybe an hour thus far, and I may watch a tad more before it's over.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I can admire their obvious athletic gifts and talent, however. It's extremely intensive and demanding.
Yep, and I see where Simone Biles has withdrawn because of her "mental state". Naomi Osaka did the same last month in France, and I believe that's more important than the sport itself for them.

epronovost

Is there anything more ridiculously superfluous than synchronized diving?
Diving I can understand.
But adding the goal of being identical to another person is weird.

Why? Perfect synchronization of complex dance and swimming pattern in a pool is hard as balls. The same is true for acrobatic pattern mid-air.