• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Suffering

capumetu

no.
You can't prove your point.
That's all.
You said:
"Adam's request to be his own god Gen 3:5"
Regardless of what Satan told Eve in this verse, Adam ate the fruit one verse later.
It could have been anything as a request.
Maybe he requested to be not less less intelligent than his wife Eve.
Maybe he requested Eve to stop seducing him.
Maybe he requested to show off his liberal attitude towards things.
Maybe this, maybe that.
I just don't like jumping to conclusions too quickly on the basis of mere presumption.
Bible is no more precise than what is said in Genesis 3:5-6. Why are you.

When Adam chose to rebel against God sir, an alteration was required. I will illustrate it for you. Adam and Jehovah were not the only ones around, obviously satan was involved, but not only him myriads of angels observed this action. An issue became evident, does Jehovah have the right to set the laws, or could satan be correct that man didn't need God to do that, rather they could decide for themselves what was right and wrong. Now picture a classroom, a teacher (Jehovah) tells the students something, yet a student (satan) feels the teacher is in error. Other students observe the act, and perhaps some side with the student as well. The teacher has to settle the issue, correct? He has choices, sure he can send him to the principles office (kill them off) or he can let him prove his point in front of everybody, therefore he hands the student the chalk (allow them to make their own laws) that is exactly what Jehovah has done, in the very near future we will have moved forward to our point of extinction sir. It is at that point the teacher will have proven his point beyond a reasonable doubt.

I hope you understand what the sin of Adam did to alter and delay the purpose of Jehovah for the earth. The fact is however that His purpose will be fulfilled.

thomas t

non-denominational Christian
When Adam chose to rebel against God sir, an alteration was required. I will illustrate it for you. Adam and Jehovah were not the only ones around, obviously satan was involved, but not only him myriads of angels observed this action. An issue became evident, does Jehovah have the right to set the laws, or could satan be correct that man didn't need God to do that, rather they could decide for themselves what was right and wrong. Now picture a classroom, a teacher (Jehovah) tells the students something, yet a student (satan) feels the teacher is in error. Other students observe the act, and perhaps some side with the student as well. The teacher has to settle the issue, correct? He has choices, sure he can send him to the principles office (kill them off) or he can let him prove his point in front of everybody, therefore he hands the student the chalk (allow them to make their own laws) that is exactly what Jehovah has done, in the very near future we will have moved forward to our point of extinction sir. It is at that point the teacher will have proven his point beyond a reasonable doubt.

I hope you understand what the sin of Adam did to alter and delay the purpose of Jehovah for the earth. The fact is however that His purpose will be fulfilled.
hey maybe, he didn't think of all this.
Maybe he just forgot the rule that God gave him.

Maybe he just thought: oh, Eve want me to eat somethin, I'll do it.
I'll stay with my opinion: you can't back your initial remark up.

Last edited:
In another thread, it was suggested that suffering is a result of past sins. While I have no concept of "sin" in my worldview, I see suffering as a result of attachment and desire.

In your view, from where does suffering come?
It is my opinion that all suffering comes from Satan and to what extent an individual will be made to suffer is that which is allowed by God on a case-by-case basis. I also think that the amount of suffering a person can have inflicted on them depends on the good or bad actions they take in mortal life and the type of afflictions they endure from other humans and that suffering only occurs in mortality and in hell.