• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Substitute Teacher Arrested After Brutal Classroom Assault On Student

epronovost

Does this woman holds any sort of teaching degree? If so, how the hell did she passed them or how ridiculously easy are they to obtain? Before I could take my first class as a substitute teacher, I had to have 28 weeks of supervised teaching experience and passed two different interviews.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

Pretty damn sickening. I hope they throw the book at her.

Thoughts?

Being that the attacked student was sitting down at her desk, I fail to rationalize how her assailant could have perceived this student as posing a physical threat towards anybody. I doubt the assailant can reasonably argue her actions were done out of self-defense. The assailant apparently can't control her temper; thus, she should not be put in charge of supervising young teenager students. I hope she gets a court ordered psychological evaluation along with any necessary prescribed medications as well as anger management therapy administered by mental health professionals. Furthermore, she should be legally held responsible for the injuries she inflicted on the student she attacked. The assailant should pay for the medical bills from the injuries of the student whom she assaulted.

Last edited:

epronovost

Is this black supremacy?
Why don't we mention Black Woman strikes White Girl ?

No, this is clearly not "black supremacy" and we don't mention their race because it's neither relevant to that specific case nor does it fit in social trend. White teenager girls aren't facing an abnormally large amount of violence from anybody let alone black women. Black women aren't involved either in an abnormally large amont of violent incident. Should the victim had been a black boy, it might have been pertinent to mention the race for there is a well known partern of increased punishment and display of violence toward misbehaving black boy compared to boys of other races or girls. Since the race of victim or perpetrator doesn't seem to have had any impact in the incident and that this incident doesn't fit a pattern of systemic abuse, it's useless and potentially harmful to do so.

We Never Know

No Slack
No, this is clearly not "black supremacy" and we don't mention their race because it's neither relevant to that specific case nor does it fit in social trend. White teenager girls aren't facing an abnormally large amount of violence from anybody let alone black women. Black women aren't involved either in an abnormally large amont of violent incident. Should the victim had been a black boy, it might have been pertinent to mention the race for there is a well known partern of increased punishment and display of violence toward misbehaving black boy compared to boys of other races or girls. Since the race of victim or perpetrator doesn't seem to have had any impact in the incident and that this incident doesn't fit a pattern of systemic abuse, it's useless and potentially harmful to do so.

Would she have reacted the same way if the student had been black? Maybe it does apply but it's just being over looked.

If a black man walks through a white neighbourhood and gets jumped by white guys, it's racism.
If a white guy walks through a black neighbourhood and gets jumped by black guys, the white guy was just in the wrong neighbourhood.

IMO, it's time to take the blinders off and see that racism happens to many, not just some.

Edit. And before someone goes on about white privilege crap, check my avatar, it isn't snow white.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I saw another article which indicated that the teacher has a criminal history of domestic violence. Family of student in Lehman High School assault video speaks out about incident

KYLE, Texas — The attorney of a student allegedly attacked by a substitute teacher at Lehman High School in Kyle released a statement on Saturday, saying the family is "shocked and disgusted" by the incident.

"We are shocked and disgusted after seeing the abuse and excessive force used in this teacher's attempt to discipline a special needs child," said attorney Paul Batrice on behalf of the student's family. "There is no excuse for this type of behavior. Given this teacher’s alleged criminal history of domestic violence and the video footage that has shaken our community, we have started an investigation into this teacher and Hays CISD in the hopes of ensuring justice for this family and so that no Texas student ever endures such extreme behavior again."

Another article (A Texas substitute teacher was fired and arrested for allegedly assaulting a student - CNN) said that substitute teachers are required to pass a criminal background check, so if she had a record of domestic violence, that should have disqualified her from employment. I sense a lawsuit is coming.

Shad

Veteran Member

Pretty damn sickening. Let's hope they throw the book at her.

Thoughts?

There is another video which shows a bit of the events before the attack. The student was using their phone during class. The teacher tried to take it away which failed. The teacher then loomed over the student attempting to intimidate. The student struck the teacher then the teacher lost it which is seen in the OP. There was no audio so I have no idea what was said between the two. It was not self-defense by either. The student was not some innocent doing nothing wrong. Fire the teacher obviously. The school needs to find out what was said by both to determine if the student violated any policy which is an expellable offense. I suspect there is cause to expel. However many public schools have major issues with disciplining students especially bullies.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Not trying to take sides (the teacher was obviously in the wrong), but it looks like the student threw hands first.

Shad

Veteran Member
Would she have reacted the same way if the student had been black? Maybe it does apply but it's just being over looked.

If a black man walks through a white neighbourhood and gets jumped by white guys, it's racism.
If a white guy walks through a black neighbourhood and gets jumped by black guys, the white guy was just in the wrong neighbourhood.

IMO, it's time to take the blinders off and see that racism happens to many, not just some.

Edit. And before someone goes on about white privilege crap, check my avatar, it isn't snow white.

You are doing what you are complaining about. Looking at race first then drawing a conclusion based on that factor. Same mistake BLM did.

Cooky

Veteran Member
I support the teacher, since the student hit the teacher first. Teachers don't get paid enough to deal with kids hitting them, and once you've been hit, there's a period of time where reason is lost -and that's for everyone.

...Nobody knows what they'll do the moment after being punched in the face. Everyone reacts differently.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
There is another video which shows a bit of the events before the attack. The student was using their phone during class. The teacher tried to take it away which failed. The teacher then loomed over the student attempting to intimidate. The student struck the teacher then the teacher lost it which is seen in the OP. There was no audio so I have no idea what was said between the two. It was not self-defense by either. The student was not some innocent doing nothing wrong. Fire the teacher obviously. The school needs to find out what was said by both to determine if the student violated any policy which is an expellable offense. I suspect there is cause to expel. However many public schools have major issues with disciplining students especially bullies.
This is pretty much why I don't form much of an opinion based on tiny slivers of edited videos.
Doing so causes all kinds of problems, and is altogether too common.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I support the teacher, since the student hit the teacher first. Teachers don't get paid enough to deal with kids hitting them, and once you've been hit, there's a period of time where reason is lost -and that's for everyone.

...Nobody knows what they'll do the moment after being punched in the face. Everyone reacts differently.
If a teacher is hit by a student, do you see any limit in the teacher's response?
This response was pretty brutal. The student's lawyer is claiming brain damage.
The limits...
- Just a concussion?
- Broken bones?
- Killing?

A Vestigial Mote

No excuse for the teacher's behavior, she should have immediately just sent the girl to the school's office for suspension because in the video, you can definitely see the student strike the teacher first. This woman obviously has anger management issues, she should have just remained calm and thrown the book at the student (also in the metaphorical sense of the idiom, obviously) - who she had every bit of a case against as soon as the student lashed out with the first blow.

Last edited:

Cooky

Veteran Member
If a teacher is hit by a student, do you see any limit in the teacher's response?
This response was pretty brutal. The student's lawyer is claiming brain damage.
The limits...
- Just a concussion?
- Broken bones?
- Killing?

That is pretty severe. She probably should have snapped out of her rage much sooner than she did.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Since the teacher is too easily provoked into potentially
deadly violence, she'll likely be barred from that profession.
Perhaps she'll become a cop, eh.

I agree, now that it's clear her rage is so intense, she should never teach again. Though, being a cop is an even worse idea. ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I agree, now that it's clear her rage is so intense, she should never teach again. Though, being a cop is an even worse idea. ;)
But at least as a cop she'd have the legal right to thump those who offend her.
Hmmm.....you might be right about this being a bad idea.