• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stuff n' Things

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm going through my room yet again, which seems to accumulate all the junk and stuff that really has no permanent place to be.

I live in an old four square house. Two of the bedrooms have very tiny closets, other than that, there's no storage other than a shed that was added over the summer. The shed is a pain in the hindquarters to get to, and not really a place you'd store anything other than large items you only use on occasion(not the place for hammers, light bulbs, guitars, etc).

Have you come up with any creative ways of storing items in which they're still easily accessed?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I'm going through my room yet again, which seems to accumulate all the junk and stuff that really has no permanent place to be.

I live in an old four square house. Two of the bedrooms have very tiny closets, other than that, there's no storage other than a shed that was added over the summer. The shed is a pain in the hindquarters to get to, and not really a place you'd store anything other than large items you only use on occasion(not the place for hammers, light bulbs, guitars, etc).

Have you come up with any creative ways of storing items in which they're still easily accessed?
well...frankly...no, I haven't.

I hope someone else has, and can teach me...o_O:confused::mad::eek::oops::rolleyes:

good thread idea!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Shelves, cabinets, tool chests, & any horizontal
surface that isn't already overloaded with junk.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Shelves, cabinets, tool chests, & any horizontal
surface that isn't already overloaded with junk.

I think almost all the surfaces are overloaded with junk now. Other than the occasional clear space because a cat has knocked everything down. In a house with ten cats, that happens frequently.

I wonder if there's a non-tacky way to put a tool chest in the bedroom... I just removed three hammers, two levels, and several caulk doohickies from there...

Heyo

Veteran Member
If by "creative" you mean utterly useless and counterproductive, then, yes, I have. I'm working on a loft bed under which I can then store the tools and raw material I bought to make the bed.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
If by "creative" you mean utterly useless and counterproductive, then, yes, I have. I'm working on a loft bed under which I can then store the tools and raw material I bought to make the bed.

A loft bed! That's a good idea. That would be an excuse to rip the ceiling fan out(I hate fans). And I could hang sheets to hide the very very large under the bed area... though I suspect the cats would take it over.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

My solution was to become a minimalist:) no need to huge space to store :)
Mostly when I buy something it is because something else broken or got lost. And actually i still feel i have to many things right now.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
My solution was to become a minimalist:) no need to huge space to store :)
Mostly when I buy something it is because something else broken or got lost. And actually i still feel i have to many things right now.

I'm married to someone with a mild hoarding problem. So, the ball's not entirely in my court. :)

Kids seem to come with lots of toys, too...

Heyo

Veteran Member
A loft bed! That's a good idea. That would be an excuse to rip the ceiling fan out(I hate fans). And I could hang sheets to hide the very very large under the bed area... though I suspect the cats would take it over.
A confined dark place from which to ambush prey, your cats will be very grateful (and ambush you from under the bed):

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
A confined dark place from which to ambush prey, your cats will be very grateful (and ambush you from under the bed):

With an under the bed space that big, I can ambush back.

These sound like fun times!

Heyo

Veteran Member
With an under the bed space that big, I can ambush back.

These sound like fun times!
I'll have to invite some cats when the bed is finished. But I'm still traumatised because the last 3 who lived here managed to get killed on the road so I'm still hesitant.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I'll have to invite some cats when the bed is finished. But I'm still traumatised because the last 3 who lived here managed to get killed on the road so I'm still hesitant.

I'm sorry.

We've had that happen twice. Its miserable.

The Crimson Universe

Umm, no. :oops:
I love collecting books but my bookshelf is almost full and the wardrobe with all my clothes is the only place where a small amount of space is still left. That's where i've planned to move all my newly purchased books for the time being but i'm aware that i'll soon run out of my wardrobe space as well. And then i don't know where i'll store my books. Probably stack them on the floor or something. I just cannot afford a new shelf right now. :(

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Cellar with the cat trays. Attic with the spiders. Guitars can be hung on a wall, make a nice display item. A metal toolbox for tools (doh!) that goes under the bed. A suitcase or few full of other bits and bats can join it. I alternate summer/winter clothes that way.

All pretty, yeah i do that, but its all i got, sorry

RestlessSoul

My partner works in a wine shop. Wooden wine boxes are great as bookshelves, spice and tea racks in the kitchen, plus we have two on the window recess in the bathroom full of bath salts etc. They are also handy for storing odds and sods that will probably stay under the bed forever.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Umm, no. :oops:
I love collecting books but my bookshelf is almost full and the wardrobe with all my clothes is the only place where a small amount of space is still left. That's where i've planned to move all my newly purchased books for the time being but i'm aware that i'll soon run out of my wardrobe space as well. And then i don't know where i'll store my books. Probably stack them on the floor or something. I just cannot afford a new shelf right now. :(
Knowing myself I built a shelf with some extra room. It didn't take long to fill that space.

full

Last edited:

Erebus

I can't help you with finding extra space but in terms of organisation, you could try some clear plastic stackable boxes. I have some stacked up against my bedroom wall and while it's not pretty to look at, it does mean I can easily see and access stuff.

You can buy them online but a lot of brands are expensive. I tend to get them from discount shops.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I can't help you with finding extra space but in terms of organisation, you could try some clear plastic stackable boxes. I have some stacked up against my bedroom wall and while it's not pretty to look at, it does mean I can easily see and access stuff.

You can buy them online but a lot of brands are expensive. I tend to get them from discount shops.

Good stuff...
For an eyesore like that i would throw a cover over them to match the decor of the room

Erebus

Good stuff...
For an eyesore like that i would throw a cover over them to match the decor of the room

I'd do the same but the decor in my flat is already an eclectic style.

By that I mean everything looks terrible anyway so why bother trying?

(Yes, I'm a man and yes, I'm unmarried)