• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Study: when it comes to detecting racial inequality, white Christians have a blind spot

Vaderecta

There is evidence of a racial problem in america. (Are you referencing america or somewhere else?) There is an alternative argument based on income/education/heritage inequality. This doesn't disprove the racial dynamic but seems to be a component of it.

Vaderecta

The article makes that clear. Please read it.

So american based. I am not pro-christian but that article is crap. It seems to seek to malign Christians for correlation while claiming causation as they are a convenient scapegoat in our current political climate. Trumps an ***, Racism is still here but its not a belief in the christian god causing the blind spot.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Some points. One is human nature as the study article noted: The idea that certain groups misjudge the amount of discrimination that other groups struggle with is probably not such a shock.

The main part of the article notes that attitudes toward the LGBT community is changing much more than racial attitudes perhaps because people might personally know LGBT people but not know blacks personally.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I do not feel there is 'a lot' of discrimination in America. I side more with the white Christians on that one. In fact, I have some sympathy for white Christians feeling they are a discriminated against group. The article and many things on RF, liberal comedians, etc. seem to paint white Christians as the narrow socially backwards side of America. I just don't see other groups getting that kind of painting. It's cool now to side with the other groups more than white Christians is how I see it.

Just my feelings and there is no right or wrong and no quantitative measurement of what 'a lot of discrimination' looks like.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Last edited:

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Please discuss!
The article didn't even discuss or imply what the title says. There was no measure of detection of racial inequality, only whether they believe it to be "a lot of discrimination" is an issue in America. It offers no mechanism to differentiate the accuracy of the view. It insults white Christians concerned with racially motivated legislation.

This is ridiculous and unworthy of anything more than scorn.

omega2xx

Some do, some don't, especially Christians. Some black also have a blind spot when it comes to detecting blind spots about white people.

Since the Bible teaches equality for all, how do you know the ones you are referring to are Christians?

Not all who say Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter---Mt 7:21