• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Student Protests Against Israel Are Wonderful

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Muslims are kicking non-Muslim families from their homes by force all over the ME.
One would think that would draw as much passion and attention.

Of course antisemitism is givin a pass and overlooked on the matter involving forced removal of people to which it's harshly criticized there, but nowhere else in the ME outside Israel.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I agree but it never materialized. The Palestinians rejected valid and formal recognition.

That alone speaks what the real goal is.
No, it only showed the goals of some Palestinians. And some Israelis wanted it to fail. Both sides are to blame for that.
If revolting claimed that Israel is the cause of Gaza's poverty, he's wrong. Hamas used 10s or 100s of millions of dollars of aid money to build tunnels and buy weapons.
That is an unjustified assumption. How much money should Israel been sending in? Probably a lot more. How expensive were those tunnels? Probably not terribly expensive.

You need more than weak arguments. Israel appears to have had a plot to keep Gaza poor. If that is true the tunnels etc. of Hamas may have even have been justified.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I like seeing that a significant segment of society
is bucking the status quo of unqualified for Israel's
apartheid, human rights violations, fleecing US
taxpayers, & conducting genocide.
Students are often a bellwether. I hope this
portends a shift away from USA supporting vile
regimes.
Protests against Israel are stupid outside of Israel, they don't care.
Vilifying Jews is stupid and dangerous.
Supporting Hamas is beyond stupid.

Having said that, protests against one's own government supporting war crimes is what is useful and ethical.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Muslims are kicking non-Muslim families from their homes by force all over the ME.
Not. True, even happened it's individual not support by people or. Government. As. What happened in Occupied Jerusalem.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
If revolting claimed that Israel is the cause of Gaza's poverty, he's wrong. Hamas used 10s or 100s of millions of dollars of aid money to build tunnels and buy weapons.

I thought you said Israeli's were racist? Do you consider Muslims to be a race?
I know you pro-Israel,are total bias, is all blame on Hamas, maybe blame them for stay their land or even still stay alive.
american and west is awakening same as awakening before from Nazi regime.

i believe Israel doing the genocide because of race and evil religion teaching in Torah"bible, which permit to kill kids and women of the enemy during the war.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
See my edit and no I don't think protesters ended the war
Fact Israel don't care about their own hostages, they don't care about fighting hamas, they care only about killing much civilians as they can, same idealogy of Nazi.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Protests against Israel are stupid outside of Israel, they don't care.
Vilifying Jews is stupid and dangerous.
Supporting Hamas is beyond stupid.

Having said that, protests against one's own government supporting war crimes is what is useful and ethical.
I'll disagree with the first sentence.
There's potential to change the social & political
environment such that Israel is no longer viewed
as a country of infallible saints, who should never
be criticized, lest one be bombarded with censure.
"Gods Chosen" should become "Just Another Religion".

Heyo

Veteran Member
I'll disagree with the first sentence.
There's potential to change the social & political
environment such that Israel is no longer viewed
as a country of infallible saints, who should never
be criticized, lest one be bombarded with censure.
"Gods Chosen" should become "Just Another Religion".
You've already forgotten what I said about Israel. Quoting myself from memory: Israel, and especially Israel's government, is not "the Jews". They are neither saints nor "god's chosen".
But you are right, it would get them a peg or two down, if that can be communicated.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You've already forgotten what I said about Israel. Quoting myself from memory: Israel, and especially Israel's government, is not "the Jews". They are neither saints nor "god's chosen".
But you are right, it would get them a peg or two down, if that can be communicated.
So much to remember.
So little brain capacity.
a8ea55d5d5fa90f4f8a1b610fd2a4bc3.jpg

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
No, it only showed the goals of some Palestinians. And some Israelis wanted it to fail. Both sides are to blame for that.

That is an unjustified assumption. How much money should Israel been sending in? Probably a lot more. How expensive were those tunnels? Probably not terribly expensive.

You need more than weak arguments. Israel appears to have had a plot to keep Gaza poor. If that is true the tunnels etc. of Hamas may have even have been justified.
Well THE WORLD has been sending a lot of money to Gaza for the last 20 years, and that's as it should be. Why would supporting Gaza fall in Israel's lap?

As for how much money those tunnels and weapons cost, this is easily searchable with your handy browser. I did a quick search and found fairly consistent numbers in the neighborhood of Hamas spending a 100 MILLION dollars a year on its war machine.

As for Hamas being justified... really? Do you think that if Hamas had spent all the billions of dollars in aid money that the world sends it to create a peaceful, beautiful destination on the Mediterranean Sea, Israel would have invaded them? Of course not.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Your posts' shrill advocacy for using genocide as
self defense make such false histrionics, merely
cause eyes to roll among non-Zionists.
It reminds me of your attacks on trans women.
The Bible is a poor source of morals & biology
IMO.
I think you need to sit down and take a few deep breathes.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't track the background of protesters.
You remind me of Nixonesque Republicans who
who defended the Vietnam War by claiming that
protesters were tools of Marxist agents.

Yes, they used to call that "reductio ad Stalinum." Kind of sucks, doesn't it?

I guess in the current situation, they could call it "reductio ad Arafatum."

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well THE WORLD has been sending a lot of money to Gaza for the last 20 years, and that's as it should be. Why would supporting Gaza fall in Israel's lap?

As for how much money those tunnels and weapons cost, this is easily searchable with your handy browser. I did a quick search and found fairly consistent numbers in the neighborhood of Hamas spending a 100 MILLION dollars a year on its war machine.

As for Hamas being justified... really? Do you think that if Hamas had spent all the billions of dollars in aid money that the world sends it to create a peaceful, beautiful destination on the Mediterranean Sea, Israel would have invaded them? Of course not.
They have? Where is your evidence of this?

And please, find reliable sources for all of these claims.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm noticing that some of the commentary on the protests observes differences in how various states are handling it:

Pro-Palestinian protesters on college campuses are getting very different responses from elected officials in red and blue states.

Texas is seeing pushback after immediately responding to a peaceful demonstration with arrests, and Florida’s Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) has threatened expulsion for students who engage in unsanctioned activism, while New York has made clear the National Guard will not be called in as authorities negotiate with the flagship Columbia University encampment.

Abbott and DeSantis are coming down hard on the protests in their states.

“At places like Columbia and Yale, Hamas protesters rule the roost, and the universities are too weak and scared to do anything — even as these mobs harass Jewish students and faculty,” DeSantis said in a post on the social platform X. “If you try that at a Florida university, you are going to be expelled.”

The University of Florida told students they could be suspended and banished from campus for three years for violating rules regarding protest conduct, local outlet CL Tampa reported Friday.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) sent state police to the University of Texas at Austin to arrest more than 50 students Wednesday, saying on X, “These protesters belong in jail. Antisemitism will not be tolerated in Texas. Period.”

A Texas prosecutor, however, said the day after the arrests that she would not be moving forward with any charges as there were “deficiencies in the probable cause affidavits.”

For foreign students here on student visas, expulsion could lead to deportation.

The gulf in response between blue and red states comes from differing political priorities, experts say. Republicans, who are less sympathetic to the Palestinian cause in general, want to appear firmly in control of the situation.

“That is a concerning difference. I think that there is a much more sort of set of standards for protecting free speech and basic human rights in the blue states,” said Kaivan Shroff, senior adviser to the Institute for Education and a Democratic political strategist.

The Republicans have always fancied themselves as the "law and order" party, while criticizing Democrats for being "too soft."

Governor Newsome in California seems to be taking a more measured approach.

After more than 90 people were arrested at the University of Southern California (USC), Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) said he wants to “maintain people’s right to protest and, at the same time, do that peacefully, without any hate.”

“I just want to avoid a lot of what we are seeing in other parts of the country and so we’re very mindful and diligent in terms of how to approach this in an appropriate way,” Newsom said.

While Vaddula said schools should not tolerate any hate speech and have sent clear messages against antisemitism, “they have not shown the same support for those facing Islamophobia.”

And some claim Republicans are only putting the pressure on colleges to address antisemitism because it can help advance other goals.

“I think it’s some of these red states they’d love to see this crisis escalate” because they see it as a “problem for Biden or they view it as a political win,” Shroff said.

This person is suggesting that the Republicans want the protests to escalate because it would make Biden look bad.