• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

String Theory Co-Founder: Sub-Atomic Particles Are Evidence the Universe Was Created

Dante Writer

Dr. Michio Kaku, a theoretical physicist at the City College of New York (CUNY) and co-founder of String Field Theory, says theoretical particles known as “primitive semi-radius tachyons” are physical evidence that the universe was created by a higher intelligence.

After analyzing the behavior of these sub-atomic particles - which can move faster than the speed of light and have the ability to “unstick” space and matter – using technology created in 2005, Kaku concluded that the universe is a “Matrix” governed by laws and principles that could only have been designed by an intelligent being.

“I have concluded that we are in a world made by rules created by an intelligence. Believe me, everything that we call chance today won’t make sense anymore,” Kaku said, according to an article published in the Geophilosophical Association of Anthropological and Cultural Studies.

“To me it is clear that we exist in a plan which is governed by rules that were created, shaped by a universal intelligence and not by chance.”

“The final solution resolution could be that God is a mathematician,” Kaku, author of The Future of the Mind: The Scientific Quest to Understand, Enhance, and Empower the Mind, said in a 2013 Big Think video posted on YouTube.

“The mind of God, we believe, is cosmic music, the music of strings resonating through 11-dimensional hyperspace.”

String Theory “revolutionized” mathematics and physics by demonstrating a “super symmetry” in the universe. Kaku said it also explains gaps in the Big Bang theory.

“First of all, the Big Bang wasn’t very big. Second of all, there was no bang. Third, Big Bang Theory doesn’t tell you what banged, when it banged, how it banged. It just said it did bang. So the Big Bang theory in some sense is a total misnomer,” the well-known physicist said in 2015.

“We need a theory that goes before the Big Bang, and that’s String Theory. String Theory says that perhaps two universes collided to create our universe, or maybe our universe is butted from another universe leaving an umbilical cord….

“Some people believe that maybe, just maybe, we have detected evidence of that umbilical cord.”

http://www.scienceworldreport.com/a...cientist-michio-kaku-proves-existence-god.htm

Your Thoughts?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I like Dr. Kaku and watch him on T-V.
I agree with creation.
So much for my opinion worth what all opinions are worth.:rolleyes:

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
My understanding is that Dr. Kaku is a pantheist, seeing the whole universe, existence, and the order of things in itself being God.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Just another part of the great scientific no god conspiracy....
I know. Wouldn't you agree that, if true, this is the biggest news story, ever? I really, really like the good doctor... but this is a bit of a stretch.

Dante Writer

My understanding is that Dr. Kaku is a pantheist, seeing the whole universe, existence, and the order of things in itself being God.

I would not describe that as Panthiest. Dr. Kaku and I share a similar perspective “To me it is clear that we exist in a plan which is governed by rules that were created, shaped by a universal intelligence and not by chance.”

I have described these "Science Laws" in other posts as being "God" or what we perceive as God through our limited intelligence.

Zosimus

Dr. Michio Kaku, a theoretical physicist at the City College of New York (CUNY) and co-founder of String Field Theory, says theoretical particles known as “primitive semi-radius tachyons” are physical evidence that the universe was created by a higher intelligence.

After analyzing the behavior of these sub-atomic particles - which can move faster than the speed of light and have the ability to “unstick” space and matter – using technology created in 2005, Kaku concluded that the universe is a “Matrix” governed by laws and principles that could only have been designed by an intelligent being.

“I have concluded that we are in a world made by rules created by an intelligence. Believe me, everything that we call chance today won’t make sense anymore,” Kaku said, according to an article published in the Geophilosophical Association of Anthropological and Cultural Studies.

“To me it is clear that we exist in a plan which is governed by rules that were created, shaped by a universal intelligence and not by chance.”

“The final solution resolution could be that God is a mathematician,” Kaku, author of The Future of the Mind: The Scientific Quest to Understand, Enhance, and Empower the Mind, said in a 2013 Big Think video posted on YouTube.

“The mind of God, we believe, is cosmic music, the music of strings resonating through 11-dimensional hyperspace.”

String Theory “revolutionized” mathematics and physics by demonstrating a “super symmetry” in the universe. Kaku said it also explains gaps in the Big Bang theory.

“First of all, the Big Bang wasn’t very big. Second of all, there was no bang. Third, Big Bang Theory doesn’t tell you what banged, when it banged, how it banged. It just said it did bang. So the Big Bang theory in some sense is a total misnomer,” the well-known physicist said in 2015.

“We need a theory that goes before the Big Bang, and that’s String Theory. String Theory says that perhaps two universes collided to create our universe, or maybe our universe is butted from another universe leaving an umbilical cord….

“Some people believe that maybe, just maybe, we have detected evidence of that umbilical cord.”

http://www.scienceworldreport.com/a...cientist-michio-kaku-proves-existence-god.htm

Your Thoughts?
My thoughts are simple: His reasoning employs a logical fallacy.

He reasons thus:

Premise: If the universe has been created then primitive semi-radius tachyons will behave in a certain way.
Finding: Primitive semi-radius tachyons behave in a certain way.
Conclusion: The universe has been created.

This is a classic example of the affirming the consequent logical fallacy. Nothing has been proved.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I would not describe that as Panthiest. Dr. Kaku and I share a similar perspective “To me it is clear that we exist in a plan which is governed by rules that were created, shaped by a universal intelligence and not by chance.”

I have described these "Science Laws" in other posts as being "God" or what we perceive as God through our limited intelligence.
I see. So he believes in an intelligent being that exists outside and apart from the universe?

Here's a quote a found of Kaku:
...[Einstein] said, there really are two kinds of Gods...if God is the God of intervention, the personal God, the God of prayer, the God that parts the waters, then he had a hard time believing in that. Would God listen to all our prayers for a bicycle for Christmas? "Smite the Philistines for me, please?" He didn't think so. However, he believed in the God of order, harmony, beauty, simplicity, and elegance, the God of Spinoza. That's the God that he believed in, because he thought the universe was so gorgeous--it didn't have to be that way. It could have been chaotic, it could have been ugly, messy. But here we have the fact that all the equations of physics can be placed on a single sheet of paper...but we want to know, where did that equation come from? This is what Einstein asked: did God have a choice? Was there any choice in building a universe? When he woke up in the morning, he would say, "I'm gonna be God today--what kind of universe would I create?" This is how he created much of his theories.

You don't agree God of Spinoza is a form of dual-aspect pantheistic God?

Dante Writer

I have to say I was over-joyed to read Dr. Kaku's article as I have been trying (unsuccessfully for the most part) to expand our idea of what God is from the general religious beliefs to a science based perspective that revolves around the "laws of science" that had to exist before the creation of the Universe and are what we perceive through our limited intelligence as "God" with ultimate power to regulate the entire universe and can not be ignored or challenged by man.

Dr. Kaku is a widely respected Physicist and co-founder of string theory and his research and opinions are held in high regard by all scientists!

Dante Writer

My thoughts are simple: His reasoning employs a logical fallacy.

He reasons thus:

Premise: If the universe has been created then primitive semi-radius tachyons will behave in a certain way.
Finding: Primitive semi-radius tachyons behave in a certain way.
Conclusion: The universe has been created.

This is a classic example of the affirming the consequent logical fallacy. Nothing has been proved.

I would say Dr. Kaku is correct and the logical fallacy lays on the other side:

Premise: Nothing existed before the big bang.
Finding: We have laws of science that must have been created with the bang
Conclusion: There was no creator

The fallacy: the big bang could not have occurred without the laws of science and therefor the laws must precede the creation of the universe and laws are mathematical and signs of intelligence not by chance or chaos.

Dante Writer

I see. So he believes in an intelligent being that exists outside and apart from the universe?

Here's a quote a found of Kaku:

You don't agree God of Spinoza is a form of dual-aspect pantheistic God?

Pantheism in my perspective is still giving human like attributes and thought processes to a creator. That is creating God in man's image.

What Dr. Kaku has expressed in my opinion is a much higher intelligence than we with our limited intelligence that tries to relate everything to man can even begin to comprehend. The terms creator/God/Intelligence are just how we as humans try to relate to what we can not understand because we are trapped by our human existence and limited intelligence.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Dr. Kaku is a widely respected Physicist and co-founder of string theory and his research and opinions are held in high regard by all scientists!
Likewise, Einstein was perhaps the most respected physicist who ever lived and yet many of his colleagues were troubled by his unrelenting resistance to Quantum Mechanics. I highly doubt that Kaku enjoys much support for his novel idea within the scientific community. No doubt theists are wetting themselves over it however.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Your Thoughts?
I am in a agreement and its the particulars. I like the way he described the "universal" intelligence being the creator as if the intelligence is within the "creation", not so much a creator god. I have to agree because that is what independent experimentation is suggesting as well when we dig into the very fabric of existence. What people find in common is the interconnectedness that exists due to qm and space-time being one, thats what we can't get away from and of course a string theorist is going to be privy to this aspect of reality.
Personally, I do not think humanity is living in a whole-world simulation. But because the simulation argument seems to work, what it seems to do is to uncover deep discrepancies, or fundamental flaws, in how people think about deep reality — about this universe, multiple universes, consciousness, and even inferences for and against theism.

Something’s amiss.
http://www.space.com/30124-is-our-universe-a-fake.html

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Pantheism in my perspective is still giving human like attributes and thought processes to a creator. That is creating God in man's image.
I see it differently. I consider pantheism to do the opposite, removing human attributes from God.

Besides, saying that God is intelligent is to give a human attribute (intelligence) to God.

What Dr. Kaku has expressed in my opinion is a much higher intelligence than we with our limited intelligence that tries to relate everything to man can even begin to comprehend. The terms creator/God/Intelligence are just how we as humans try to relate to what we can not understand because we are trapped by our human existence and limited intelligence.
Intelligence is a human concept to describe our own thought processes.

But I do agree with you, God isn't something we can describe or understand. It's beyond our understanding, and even calling it "intelligent" is to minimize what it is to something humanlike. That's why the word "God" is the only description of what God is.

I do know, however, that the "God of Spinoza" wasn't a God of the monotheistic or deistic beliefs. Spinoza described the God of Nature, or Nature as God, as well as a panentheistic God who is before the universe, beyond the universe, but also very much part of the universe. If Kaku is a believer in the "God of Spinoza", then he would be a form of pantheist (panentheist).

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
Wow! What a read! Had no idea Michio Kaku reached this conclusion. He was one of my favourite scientists that intrigued me. But right now, I'm more interested in the fact that sub-atomic particles move faster than the speed of light! Isn't that impossible?

Zosimus

I would say Dr. Kaku is correct and the logical fallacy lays on the other side:

Premise: Nothing existed before the big bang.
Finding: We have laws of science that must have been created with the bang
Conclusion: There was no creator

The fallacy: the big bang could not have occurred without the laws of science and therefor the laws must precede the creation of the universe and laws are mathematical and signs of intelligence not by chance or chaos.
There is no reason to believe that a Big Bang ever occurred.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Michio Kaku is most certainly not a theist, but rather he uses terms such as "god" in a metaphorical way, much like Einstein did, and even the Science World article mentions Spinoza.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
As far as I can remember or find on the internet, there has still been no validated discovery of tachyons (faster than light particles) of any sort. His evidence and conclusions would still need to be verified/validated by others.

Now then, in my opinion, this ranks up there along with Stephan Hawking's assertion a few years ago that there is no room in physics for God. It's arguable either way. The only references I found online to "Primitive semi-radius tachyons" were several items posted in the past few days.

I'll now read the various sources to see if I can make any sense of this...:confused::p:eek:o_O:rolleyes:

Dante Writer

I see it differently. I consider pantheism to do the opposite, removing human attributes from God.

Besides, saying that God is intelligent is to give a human attribute (intelligence) to God.

Intelligence is a human concept to describe our own thought processes.

But I do agree with you, God isn't something we can describe or understand. It's beyond our understanding, and even calling it "intelligent" is to minimize what it is to something humanlike. That's why the word "God" is the only description of what God is.

I do know, however, that the "God of Spinoza" wasn't a God of the monotheistic or deistic beliefs. Spinoza described the God of Nature, or Nature as God, as well as a panentheistic God who is before the universe, beyond the universe, but also very much part of the universe. If Kaku is a believer in the "God of Spinoza", then he would be a form of pantheist (panentheist).

Man claims intelligence and relates everything to their own perceptions and existence. We know that is extremely limited and full of fallacies. My best way of describing it would be intelligence=truth. It does not need man to interpret it. It simply is. As Dr. Kaku said "The mind of God, we believe, is cosmic music, the music of strings resonating through 11-dimensional hyperspace.”

This is just my own opinion and I am also just as limited by my human existence and still trying to make sense of it all!