• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Story of Jesus Christ was a HOAX designed to control the people

psychoslice

Veteran Member
My thinking is that the early so called Christians took all they wanted from the smorgasbord of whatever scriptures that were floating around, and then putting it all together and calling it the book of books. They then told the simple minded that it was the only book that contains the truth, they then told the simple minded that all other scriptures were from the devil, and of course the simple minded believed, as the simple minded believe today.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member

Skwim

Veteran Member
That's IT!
I'm throwing in the towel and becoming a pagan.
Thanks to the O.P. for a totally unbiased report with almost
ZERO credible sources.
WOW!
Opinions are like anal orifices and worth as much.
Some are not one bit afraid to display theirs in public.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Kind of like your opinion that "Opinions are like anal orifices and worth as much." :D

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Kind of like your opinion that "Opinions are like anal orifices and worth as much." :D

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! You got it nailed down perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect!;);)

Gawd I love this site.:glomp:
So full of wonderful humor.
If I couldn't laugh at myself I'd be bored!:facepalm::facepalm:

It says in the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous, page 63, DON'T TAKE YOURSELF
TOO SERIOUSLY!'
No it does not but it should!;)

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
What do you think is the truth about the nature of the universe without a Jesus?
IMO the (objective) universe is nothing more than a process / mechanism of atrophy and creation void of intelligence and Will, it is 'we' who has assigned divine meaning to it.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
IMO the (objective) universe is nothing more than a process / mechanism of atrophy and creation void of intelligence and Will, it is 'we' who has assigned divine meaning to it.
Ahh, an atheist-materialist. No wonder you would be quick to jump on a 'Jesus is a hoax' theory designed for control. But I think the historical record argues for the existence of Jesus.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Ahh, an atheist-materialist. No wonder you would be quick to jump on a 'Jesus is a hoax' theory designed for control. But I think the historical record argues for the existence of Jesus.
Hardly an atheist . . . so much for that theory
Which historical record would that be?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
My thinking is that the early so called Christians took all they wanted from the smorgasbord of whatever scriptures that were floating around, and then putting it all together and calling it the book of books. They then told the simple minded that it was the only book that contains the truth, they then told the simple minded that all other scriptures were from the devil, and of course the simple minded believed, as the simple minded believe today.

We see that ongoing influence to this very day. It's certainly not very hard to get people to believe and do just about anything if done correctly.

RedStorm

Pride and Arrogance
Religion in general is an excellent tool to control the masses and has been used for it many times, whether people would like to believe it or not.

The problem with Christianity is that it can only work with a large uneducated culture and people because of its many logical pitfalls and barbaric verses, rules and teachings.
So yes, I think to many places and leaders, it was used as a tool to control. But it is most certainly not the most effective

Christianity is a baseless religion that was designed by the Roman empire

I could both agree and disagree with that.

I could agree because technically speaking, all religion could be considered baseless since all religions are just offshoots of an original way of life which have been altered to suit the people who follow them. As an example, today's Jewish population isn't even comprised of the children of Israel, but of European (German) converts who inhabited the land called Israel today (Palestine) and they don't even follow The Law since they've created their own religion of convenience for themselves.

I could disagree because if christianity is actually a valid system of honoring and worshipping the one true and living God, the story about Jesus has been so twisted that they cannot "get it right" because they don't know the truth, which makes us free. When christians come to understand truth from twisted lies, they will be free to worship in spirit and in truth.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Religion in general is an excellent tool to control the masses and has been used for it many times, whether people would like to believe it or not.
It is an interesting point of view, but every generation dies and is replaced by another. Controlling people is something clever people can do and something that lucky people can do. Generations can adapt to go around controls although its only relevant if you are looking at it over the centuries. Things can get better or worse.

The problem with Christianity is that it can only work with a large uneducated culture and people because of its many logical pitfalls and barbaric verses, rules and teachings.
So yes, I think to many places and leaders, it was used as a tool to control. But it is most certainly not the most effective
I am reading a book about Quakerism, and it makes the point that there are three major expressions of Christianity: Liturgical, Biblical and Mystical. The Quakers are group mystics. The Bible focused Christians are various newer styles of Christianity that stress Biblical fidelity and reading, and the Liturgical are all the Roman, Eastern, Orthodox catholics. The Anglicans like some other groups are hard to classify but are probably in the Liturgical and Biblical camp, mostly. Its fair to ask whether Christianity will survive education, but I think it will (and already has somewhat). I think Christianity has other problems than whether it can work with a large uneducated culture. Its got an identity crisis and a bad reputation.