• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Steam for MacOS

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I was today years old when I found out that I can download and play games on my MacBook. Just downloaded Steam and am currently downloading ESO.

Anyone else here ever use a MacBook for gaming?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've used a Linux with Steam. It's largely the same game selection (this I noticed, but it's been years since I checked) and similar performance from what I've heard.
My only complaint is you can play some good games, there's a lot you can't because tons of people keep turning to the inferior OS.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Macbook, no. Mac, yes. It's all I've ever used aside from my console.

Steam? No. Direct-from-developer and GOG (DRM-free)? Yes.

Be aware that Elder Scams Online doesn't support Mac anymore. That news dropped a couple years ago and you will have problems on any newer Macs. Heard there are workarounds, but for that game? Whether it is worth the trouble is debatable. Ever since monetization started driving the ship, well... I have some very personal stories I can share about that but I'll leave things there since that isn't really what this thread is about. Just... be careful.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
A little off topic but I was searching Ebay for Apple Mac desktops, I found a few on there but they range between $10k and $28k AUD and they're pre-owned!! Is this the standard price or is someone just hoping to rip people off?

Mac Pro 2019 + Apple Studio Display Bundle | eBay

The Mac Pro line consists of workstations amd servers; it's intended for professionals. That price is normal for it.

Mac Pro - Wikipedia

For regular consumers, you want to look at the MacBook or iMac line.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The Mac Pro line consists of workstations amd servers; it's intended for professionals. That price is normal for it.

Mac Pro - Wikipedia

For regular consumers, you want to look at the MacBook line.

Thanks for the info. I was after something to edit photos with and I'm not a fan of laptops. Guess I'll be sticking with what I've got.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks for the info. I was after something to edit photos with and I'm not a fan of laptops. Guess I'll be sticking with what I've got.

The iMac might suit you, but I personally don't see the point in getting an Apple product. I find them overpriced.

Editing photos should be easily doable on a very cheap PC that you can put together on your own by picking individual parts.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
The iMac might suit you, but I personally don't see the point in getting an Apple product. I find them overpriced.

Editing photos should be easily doable on a very cheap PC that you can put together on your own by picking individual parts.

It would be just for time wasting, I currently use a PC and Paint Shop Pro.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Macbook, no. Mac, yes. It's all I've ever used aside from my console.

Steam? No. Direct-from-developer and GOG (DRM-free)? Yes.

Be aware that Elder Scams Online doesn't support Mac anymore. That news dropped a couple years ago and you will have problems on any newer Macs. Heard there are workarounds, but for that game? Whether it is worth the trouble is debatable. Ever since monetization started driving the ship, well... I have some very personal stories I can share about that but I'll leave things there since that isn't really what this thread is about. Just... be careful.

I played it on my MacBook Air for about an hour or so after downloading it and syncing the ESO and Steam accounts and the game ran just fine.

I've only done console gaming previously, so the keyboard controls are going to take some getting used to, especially since I use the trackpad instead of a mouse.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I was today years old when I found out that I can download and play games on my MacBook. Just downloaded Steam and am currently downloading ESO.

Anyone else here ever use a MacBook for gaming?

I had steam for my Mac for a while until a decided to break that MacBook to pieces... :oops:

It worked pretty well. The biggest problem is not all games have a Mac version.