• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Split Personality, Dissociative Identity Disorder ???

Ellen Brown

I'm wondering if these things are real? Day Time Television used to be full of things like that, but I don't know now. I have Internet, but not network TV and don't care to have it.

Years ago, I Disassociated (blanked out) at times but that is greatly improved.

I'm wondering if such things are real?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
It's real but very rare: Dissociative identity disorder - Wikipedia

It's a response to severe trauma. I know of two people who claim to have it, but have never seen a doctor about it (no diagnosis), so their claims are dubious. One of them is obviously full of crap and probably looking for attention, but the other one could possibly have it. There's a community of weirdos who claim to have multiple people living in their heads, called "plurality". That's what one of the people I mentioned claimed to be part of. That's the one who is full of crap. Such things are highly offensive to those of us with actual mental health issues.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Disassociation is normal. Healthy even. In small bursts, it’s a coping mechanism.
But if it happens very frequently, it can be a diagnosable disorder.
DID is a condition, though rare. A response to severe trauma.

I’m constantly “blacked out”
I don’t know if I qualify necessarily as being “diagnosable.” Perhaps just in need of a longer attention span

74x12

I'm wondering if these things are real? Day Time Television used to be full of things like that, but I don't know now. I have Internet, but not network TV and don't care to have it.

Yes. Which is how they make mind control slaves.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher

Are you looking to be diagnosed or whether behavior mimics the behavior?