• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spirit Orbs Are Real and This Video Proves It

I've always believed in the paranormal. But this YouTube video which I have seen many times throughout the years I could never ever explain. I ocassionally come back to watch it. It looks like a spirit orb and that's it. Some have argued it's a moth but this is impossible as moths do not leave a pure white gooey like undetected matter substance behind after being several feet away from where it left it off.

And it's not coincidental that this video was taken in Black Forest Colorado which is one of the most heavily active paranormal sites in the U.S. The footage was taken by a family in the early 1990s when they noticed their furniture was displaced after they came back from a hike. They caught something most unusual on a camera set up at night...

Mind you, this white gooey matter substance has never been detected by science. Nikola Tesla is right about science absolutely needing to study the non physical!

80a0b6b046f93fdf7c463381e3ab1bf9.png

I love that guy.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Sorry, not sure what I am seeing in that video, but my best understanding is that orbs can be real paranormal entities. I saw one with my naked eyes move across the room (a witness saw it with me with a 'what was that?' response).

I've seen other pictures/videos. About the most convincing I've seen had a face in it that resembled the deceased brother.

In the paranormal field there are those that argue they are always just natural phenomena like bugs or dust. I think that may be the case sometimes, but some are paranormal also.

Orbs in my opinion are complete nonsense.

Clearly they are nothing but dust, insects or other materials that float or fly in the atmosphere with the same trajectories and behaviors as their supposed 'supernatural' counterparts.
The problem is this video has never been reproduced to show any of that to be the case. I've never seen such white gooey ball of matter around dust or insects before myself.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
First, I'd like to say that I thought the footage in the video was impressive, and I say this as a veteran paranormal investigator with nearly seventeen years of firsthand experience investigating multiple haunted locations across the country. However, I think it is a bit presumptuous to claim that the footage proves the existence of spirit orbs. I say this because I believe that is an opinion, not a definitive fact. The field of paranormal research and investigation hasn't concluded that spirit orbs are real either. In fact, this is a highly debated subject within the paranormal community. Second, while I believe that human spirits can manifest themselves in an orb, what I saw in the video, in my opinion, doesn't classify as one that I'm familiar with. I've seen a few of these orbs myself, but what I see in the footage is the outline of a flustered human spirit trying to fully manifest but lacking the right amount of energy to do so. The spirit seems agitated to me because it is moving rapidly without making a conscious effort to fully manifest. In my opinion, the manifestation resembles more of a mist than an actual spirit orb that I'm familiar with. Finally, I'd like to say that I'm glad to see some serious discussions (or at least what I consider to be serious) on paranormal phenomena in this forum. Discussions like this one, in my opinion, are unusual and tend to die out quickly.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The problem is this video has never been reproduced to show any of that to be the case. I've never seen such white gooey ball of matter around dust or insects before myself.
I dont think it's that hard to reproduce givin how faked 'apparitions' are essentially doctored to be luminescent and flowing as if it's bright.

The intentionally blurry footage is always a dead red flag that it's doctored using techniques that use props that are out of focus and using time dilation features to make camara tricks similar to this.

Here's some 'plasma orbs' but set in the daytime and much clearer but the similarities are easily noted. Not hard to do with the right equipment.

I think it's a cool video though. Just it's not real.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Sorry, not sure what I am seeing in that video, but my best understanding is that orbs can be real paranormal entities. I saw one with my naked eyes move across the room (a witness saw it with me with a 'what was that?' response).

I've seen other pictures/videos. About the most convincing I've seen had a face in it that resembled the deceased brother.

In the paranormal field there are those that argue they are always just natural phenomena like bugs or dust. I think that may be the case sometimes, but some are paranormal also.

I believe spirit orbs are real because I've seen them, but some other paranormal investigators disagree with me because they haven't seen them. I've seen spirits manifest from an orb to a mist (similar to the one in the video) and then into a full-body apparition that was visible to the other people around me.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Dumb question - why are they called "spirit orbs?"

In Western culture, "spirit" is understood by definition to be intangible (or not physical), so it would not be detectable as a physical phenomena and unable to be caught on any sort of camera or optics. That's not how I understand "spirit" personally, but paranormalists are typically operating from a modern, Western cultural perspective.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Dumb question - why are they called "spirit orbs?"

The common term spirit orbs come from their small round (orb-like) shape. I was wondering if that term was appropriate to the OP video as it wasn't or didn't even start as a small round object.
In Western culture, "spirit" is understood by definition to be intangible (or not physical), so it would not be detectable as a physical phenomena and unable to be caught on any sort of camera or optics. That's not how I understand "spirit" personally, but paranormalists are typically operating from a modern, Western cultural perspective.

Many in the paranormal discussions understand spirits as normally having bodies of subtle (etheric, Astral) matter. A noticeable orb then is a visiting spirit semi-physicalizing skirting at the edge of the physical plane. They usually dissapate their energy after a quick visit but @Sgt. Pepper above has seen them increase to a mist and a full bodied apparation.

The one I and another witness saw moved across the room and was gone.

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
The common term spirit orbs come from their small round (orb-like) shape. I was wondering if that term was appropriate to the OP video as it wasn't or didn't even start as a small round object.

Many in the paranormal discussions understand spirits as normally having bodies of subtle (etheric, Astral) matter. A noticeable orb then is a visiting spirit semi-physicalizing skirting at the edge of the physical plane. They usually dissapate their energy after a quick visit but @Sgt. Pepper above has seen them increase to a mist and a full bodied apparation.

The one I and another witness saw moved across the room and was gone.

Well done, George. I couldn't have said it better myself.

George-ananda

Premium Member
Well done, George. I couldn't have said it better myself.
I’m not psychically sensitive myself which is why I’m very interested in hearing what people like yourself have to say. It opens information to a world that can’t be accessed by our physical senses and mainstream science.

The coalescence and general consistency of the better sources has impressed me and provides a framework for so-called paranormal phenomena which science seems uncomfortable with.

A lot of this knowledge I find coalesced in traditions like Theosophy and Spiritualism. Mainstream traditional religions, not so much.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
That's helpful, thank you. I am really not too familiar with Theosophy or Spiritualism beyond some very bare bones basics but the way I think about these things seems quite different than in those traditions of thought. I never quite know how to regard that different. I have too strong of a science background to not be leery of the pseudoscience takes on these things, but I'm also a mystic and a Druid who respects and appreciates many ways of knowing.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I’m not psychically sensitive myself which is why I’m very interested in hearing what people like yourself have to say. It opens information to a world that can’t be accessed by our physical senses and mainstream science.

I'm glad you like my posts about my personal experiences with spirits and hauntings. I truly appreciate your support and personal insight.

The coalescence and general consistency of the better sources has impressed me and provides a framework for so-called paranormal phenomena which science seems uncomfortable with.

Maybe science will catch on one day, but I'm not holding my breath. In fact, I believe that some supernatural phenomena occur in the physical world that neither modern science nor sacred religious texts (such as the Bible and the Quran) nor any religious dogma can rationally explain or logically debunk.

A lot of this knowledge I find coalesced in traditions like Theosophy and Spiritualism. Mainstream traditional religions, not so much.

I agree.

First, I'd like to say that I thought the footage in the video was impressive, and I say this as a veteran paranormal investigator with nearly seventeen years of firsthand experience investigating multiple haunted locations across the country. However, I think it is a bit presumptuous to claim that the footage proves the existence of spirit orbs. I say this because I believe that is an opinion, not a definitive fact. The field of paranormal research and investigation hasn't concluded that spirit orbs are real either. In fact, this is a highly debated subject within the paranormal community. Second, while I believe that human spirits can manifest themselves in an orb, what I saw in the video, in my opinion, doesn't classify as one that I'm familiar with. I've seen a few of these orbs myself, but what I see in the footage is the outline of a flustered human spirit trying to fully manifest but lacking the right amount of energy to do so. The spirit seems agitated to me because it is moving rapidly without making a conscious effort to fully manifest. In my opinion, the manifestation resembles more of a mist than an actual spirit orb that I'm familiar with. Finally, I'd like to say that I'm glad to see some serious discussions (or at least what I consider to be serious) on paranormal phenomena in this forum. Discussions like this one, in my opinion, are unusual and tend to die out quickly.
I appreciate the input. It's perhaps the only footage I find convincing enough for me to comfortably say that there is something supernatural going on here. And skeptics should consider it as something not easy at all to explain away. It's not coincidental in the slightest to me that this happened in Black Forest Colorado as it's well known for its haunted activity nationwide. It's a one of a kind footage that has never been able to be reproduced in an effort to debunk it.

The video was produced in the early 90s so it is definitely going to be on the low resolution scale. Video tricks were not developed at that time for camera footage that you could edit from a computer. This was before Windows 95 days which is way before Blender VFX, Photoshop or Adobe After Effects like in the video Twilight H. sent. And that video doesn't show the wavy goo matter substance like in the video I present nor does it move around on its own with a still screen. So the footage I presented could not be fake in that regard.

The footage looks fluent, natural and probably authentic. Do you know anyone who could authenticate it? And have you ever thought about bringing a scientist with you on a paranormal investigation just to see what he/she says about it?

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I appreciate the input. It's perhaps the only footage I find convincing enough for me to comfortably say that there is something supernatural going on here. And skeptics should consider it as something not easy at all to explain away. It's not coincidental in the slightest to me that this happened in Black Forest Colorado as it's well known for its haunted activity nationwide. It's a one of a kind footage that has never been able to be reproduced in an effort to debunk it.

You're welcome.

The video was produced in the early 90s so it is definitely going to be on the low resolution scale. Video tricks were not developed at that time for camera footage that you could edit from a computer. This was before Windows 95 days which is way before Blender VFX, Photoshop or Adobe After Effects like in the video Twilight H. sent. And that video doesn't show the wavy goo matter substance like in the video I present nor does it move around on its own with a still screen. So the footage I presented could not be fake in that regard.

I think that is very interesting.

The footage looks fluent, natural and probably authentic. Do you know anyone who could authenticate it? And have you ever thought about bringing a scientist with you on a paranormal investigation just to see what he/she says about it?

No, I don't know who could authenticate the video for you. Yes, I've included a skeptical scientist in one of my paranormal investigations. I've also had college professors and other skeptics participate in my investigations; most of them were religious, but some were atheists and agnostics. If you are interested, you can read what I recently posted in another thread about my beliefs in the paranormal. Here's the link: Why don’t you believe in God?