• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spacetime is Eternal and Omnipresent

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It is virtually impossible to some how prove that infinity exists, but it's also impossible to prove that it doesn't. It is impossible to prove that a god or gods exist, but it's also impossible to prove that they don't. What makes discussions like this so endless is that neither group can find enough evidence to prove their point, which is why I profess I-don't-knowism.
I don't-knowism actually applies to all human beliefs/conceptualizations wrt absolute reality/spacetime continuum/God, including both religion and science, but there are some humans who are not aware that they really don't know, ie., they don't know that they don't know.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I developed the following proofs to prove a beginning & end of time, I guess more from a philosophical perspective. I think they are partly related to this thread. Are there any holes in them? Have I made a mistake somewhere?

Proof of Beginning of Time
--------------------------
In order to reach the present, the past must have happened, and
because an infinite amount of time cannot be passed through, the
universe must have begun a finite amount of time ago.

Proof of End of Time
--------------------
In a deterministic universe, the future in a sense has already
happened, and we can ask the question when will it end. If the future
has already happened, then the future cannot be infinitely long since
this is impossible, just as you cannot have an infinitely long piece
of string. Therefore, there is an end of time in a deterministic
universe. In a universe, where individuals have free-will, a similar
conclusion can be come to. For each free-will choice, it can be
thought that a new set of deterministic universes is 'created' and the
same as before applies for each deterministic universe.
No proof here, just rambling incoherent speculation.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I believe, IMO, that spacetime is eternal and omnipresent due to what special relativity has shown us. It allows the substance that we call energy and matter to be timeless and everywhere at the micro level, but only at the highest energy levels. Matter is something that has slowed down and is no longer at that high energy level except for the basic building blocks. Essentially, in theory we can tap into godlike potential. The underlying reality is eternal and omnipresent therefore god is within all. I think science has already shown this and just tapping into an atom has shown so much power that we wish humans were more wise before given such power.

Quantum internet here we come.
First teleportation between macroscopic objects leads the way to a quantum internet | ExtremeTech
I believe the Quantum world is eternal and timeless in the sense there is no continuous spacetime outside the three dimensional universe. I believe we are a part of multiverse Quantum existence,

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I believe the Quantum world is eternal and timeless in the sense there is no continuous spacetime outside the three dimensional universe. I believe we are a part of multiverse Quantum existence,
Close. I would call the multiverse quantum existence a unitary spacetime continuum with human 3D spacetime conceptualization being an artifact of the human mind that is essential for the living in a 3D body.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Close. I would call the multiverse quantum existence a unitary spacetime continuum with human 3D spacetime conceptualization being an artifact of the human mind that is essential for the living in a 3D body.
My view considers the current view of physics, cosmology and Quantum Mechanics.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I don't-knowism actually applies to all human beliefs/conceptualizations wrt absolute reality/spacetime continuum/God, including both religion and science, but there are some humans who are not aware that they really don't know, ie., they don't know that they don't know.

There's a statement supposedly from Confucius that goes like this [paraphrased]: "The more one knows, the more they know they don't know that much".

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
There's a statement supposedly from Confucius that goes like this [paraphrased]: "The more one knows, the more they know they don't know that much".
Paradoxically, this process of learning of our state of relative ignorance wrt absolute reality creates a humbler awareness which is more conducive to integration with God, rather than the hitherto differentiative analytical approach that tends to separate the seeker for that sought.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
My view considers the current view of physics, cosmology and Quantum Mechanics.
That's fine. My intuitive starting point is that the human ego mind's 3D analysis of a multi-D singularity will only ever yield a limited viewpoint, a 3D viewpoint. Therefore training the mind to meditate eventually allows the more holistic approach that includes the seeker as an integral of the whole rather than a limited 3D dualistic approach.

Audie

Veteran Member
Paradoxically, this process of learning of our state of relative ignorance wrt absolute reality creates a humbler awareness which is more conducive to integration with God, rather than the hitherto differentiative analytical approach that tends to separate the seeker for that sought.
Confucius say. "Seek not, lest thou be sought ."

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Confucius say. "Seek not, lest thou be sought ."
Actually there is a Chan/Zen saying showing the underlying unity of existence that goes... "That which seeks is this which is sought, and this which is sought is that which seeks." - Wei Wu Wei

I am an expression of the Universe, if I seek my source, I find who I really am.

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I don't feel sad.

BTW, don't read aphorisms literally.
So what is your actual experience wrt discovering the risk of seeking something and finding it, instead of what was there?

If you are meaning by your aphorism that if when one seeks, that which is sought, depending on what it is, may not be realized absolutely right away, but may require much dedicated seeking over time to fully realize, and during that time, one should be aware of the risk that to accept anything less than full realization of the goal can lead to delusion, then I agree.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So what is your actual experience wrt discovering the risk of seeking something and finding it, instead of what was there?
I never sought out supreme beings.
I never sought meaning in or of life.
I never had the desire.
If you are meaning by your aphorism that if when one seeks, that which is sought, depending on what it is, may not be realized absolutely right away, but may require much dedicated seeking over time to fully realize, and during that time, one should be aware of the risk that to accept anything less than full realization of the goal can lead to delusion, then I agree.
To seek something particular is agenda laden.
If one wants to find something, confirmation
bias is a risk.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I never sought out supreme beings.
I never sought meaning in or of life.
I never had the desire.
Golly, you are one cat that curiosity is not going to kill!
To seek something particular is agenda laden.
If one wants to find something, confirmation
bias is a risk.
Seeking something is like school, each year's curriculum contains the prerequisite learning to prepare the student for the next grade, and so on through each grade until graduation. So it is with the seeking to know what and who one really is in the context of absolute existence, it is not a linear process, and there are many tests on the way, and few there are that make it all the way in one lifetime.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Golly, you are one cat that curiosity is not going to kill!
My curiosity just isn't guided by intention
to find something in particular.
Seeking something is like school, each year's curriculum contains the prerequisite learning to prepare the student for the next grade, and so on through each grade until graduation. So it is with the seeking to know what and who one really is in the context of absolute existence, it is not a linear process, and there are many tests on the way, and few there are that make it all the way in one lifetime.
Some follow a map to a destination.
I just follow roads & paths to wherever they lead.