• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soul & NDE Research

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Again, this is something that a person could have very easily falsified. A scam that is, unfortunately, pulled far to often. I'm also afraid that being a New York Times #1 Best seller does not constitute verifiable proof.
As someone who has been through similar experiences, I can honestly say that unless you experience this, first hand, there will always be doubts. I remember on more than one occaision wishing that I had a mini-cam with me, to record what I was seeing. I knew full well that no one would believe me otherwise.

I agree that this type of adventure in consciousness could be faked, but I am hard pressed to understand why someone would fake it. Again, if you are fortunate enough to have such experiences you will be compelled to talk about said experience, unless of course you lived in a society that openly dismissed such experiences and remains suspect about the people giving these accounts.

FFH, I very much liked how Edie stated that her negative life experienes were simply analysed and not judgmentally so. That is EXACTLY my perception as well. What most people do not understand is in that environment, unlike our own, thoughts are not secret. Others can see your thoughts and you can see theirs. This in itself greatly reduces misunderstandings, as there is no need to translate what you feel or think into verbal terms.

leahrachelle

1.) i believe they have already met, and they are stuck at a standstill in the middle for now
2.)there are more & more cases of people being able to recall what they saw going on around them while they were proven to be unconscious (out of body experiences)
3.) like i said, there is about equal evidence for the physical and spiritual sides of NDEs

crystalonyx

NDE's are easily explained as the brain under tremendous stress. That people have common experiences only points to the fact their brains reacting in similar manners under stress.

Cordoba

Yes, but the brain being under stress does not explain how it can "see" and correctly recognize cue cards placed above the patient's bed which can only be seen from the ceiling level looking down

How can the brain do that?

Da Troof

My friend had an NDE. He was involved in a near fatal car crash and had to be resuccitated twice before eventually making a full recovery. When I went to visit him, he told me that he had been aware of the emergency room and watched the doctors at work. He was able to accurately identify every person in the room even though he was unconscious throughout and for four days afterwards.
I thought it was just halucination, but he said that he had also left the ER and seen me and his mother in the waiting room. He was able to describe what we were wearing and where we were sitting, he even described the other people in the waiting room who he had never met or seen before or since...even ones I had forgotten about until he mentioned them.

I'm an atheist and I dont believe in the human soul, but I find this hard to explain.