• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SOTU, so what?

Clizby Wampuscat

Biden said this in 2020:

Here's my promise to you: If I'm elected president, I will always choose to unite rather than divide.

I'll take responsibility instead of blaming others.

I'll never forget that the job isn't about me — it's about you.

Do you think he is keeping his promise?

Clizby Wampuscat

What a despicable thing to say. That trump says get over a shooting in Iowa. Here is the truth:

SIOUX CENTER, Iowa — Former President Donald Trump kicked off a rally in northwest Iowa on Friday by sending his “support and deepest sympathies” to the families and victims “touched by the terrible school shooting” in Perry.

“To the entire community, we love you, we pray for you, and we ask God to heal and comfort, really, the whole state,” Trump said at the get-out-the-vote rally in Sioux Center.

“We’re really with you as much as anybody can be. It’s a very terrible thing that happened. It's just terrible,” the leading GOP presidential candidate said. “That’s just horrible. It’s so surprising to see it here."

"But we have to get over it. We have to move forward," the Republican frontrunner said. “To all the relatives, and all the people who are devastated right now, to the point they can't breathe, they can’t live, we are with you all the way.”

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
These senile zombies chanting "four more years" when at least 1/3 of them won't be alive for 4 more years is too hilarious for belief.

We Never Know

No Slack
That was in a response to what republicans say about migrants. And he was ready for it. Did you notice? You are obviously making the mistake in thinking Biden uses that term.
BS!!!!! You are king of blind denial.
C'mon man. Don't be dishonest like Trump

Biden, your hero, referred to some migrants as ILLEGALS.

Let me quote him...

"Laken Riley killed by an illegal"

That piece of racist ****. You should not vote for him.
Lmmfao

We Never Know

No Slack
That was in a response to what republicans say about migrants. And he was ready for it. Did you notice? You are obviously making the mistake in thinking Biden uses that term.
Your hero Biden just refuted your claim that calling some migrants illegals is racist by calling them illegals himself.
Now is Biden racist or are you full of BS? Lol

I know sunshine... That's tough. Breath into a bag so you don't hyperventilat and push through it.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I predict:
Oo, thought this would be fun. So let's see how accurate you were.

1. A short speech
Speech clocked in at 1 hour 7 minutes, which is long by the average of Biden's SOTUs (the shortest of which clocked in at 1 hour, 1 minute, longest at 1 hour and 13 minutes), but quite long by the overall average standard and still shorter than a lot of Trump's (1.2 Length of State of the Union Addresses in Minutes (from 1964) | The American Presidency Project).

My verdict: The prediction is BODERLINE, as it's at least the second-longest of Biden's four speeches, but significantly shorter than most modern average speeches, even if significantly longer than a lot of past SOTUs.

2. Blame republicans for everything wrong and take personal credit for everything right
I think this was always a safe bet, really. Aside from a mention of "My Republican friends", which is fast becoming Biden's version of "I have black friends".

My verdict: The prediction is TRUE.

3. Says no joke about 6 times
Looks like Biden's had a bit more public speaking training. Sadly, he failed to drop any catchphrases in this SOTU. He also failed to refer to anyone as "Jack".

My verdict: The prediction is, sadly, FALSE.

4. Will say "extreme MAGA" 20 times
Big surprise here, as neither "extreme MAGA" nor "MAGA" were used even once! He did refer to "Extreme gerrymandering" though, which is a new one we might want to look out for in future.

My verdict: The prediction is FALSE.

5. Will call Trump a silly name trying to be tough
Another unfortunate omission from the SOTU. He did, however, refer to his "predecessor" around thirteen times, never referring him by name - either silly or accurate.

My verdict: The prediction is - again, sadly - FALSE. Unless "My predecessor" becomes a funny meme. Can we make it a funny meme?

6. Says he is fighting for democracy about 150 times.
A slight over-estimation, but he still mentions democracy at least eleven times, many of those in the context of fighting for and/or defending it.

My verdict: The predictions is TRUE. I mean, we can never really know if he was SUPPOSED to talk about defending democracy 150 times, specifically. Chances are he just forgot the additional 139, so I'll side with you on this one.

7. Has at least 3 unintelligible comments such as "The beer brewed here. It is used to make the brewed beer. During is define, oh, earth Rider. Thanks for the Great Lakes. I wonder why, ~ Biden
Unfortunately, I only have a text transcript that omits any mis-statements, so I would need this claim independent verified. Anybody got an "inane waffle-ometer" who wouldn't mind giving the speech a scan?

Overall, I would say your predictions were reasonable, but Biden - like a ninja - has come at us from a new and unexpected angle. Perhaps M. Night Shyamalan has been writing his speeches? That would also explain why his speech was far less entertaining that you predicted as well.

And yes, I am on the spectrum. How could you tell??

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
What a despicable thing to say. That trump says get over a shooting in Iowa. Here is the truth:

SIOUX CENTER, Iowa — Former President Donald Trump kicked off a rally in northwest Iowa on Friday by sending his “support and deepest sympathies” to the families and victims “touched by the terrible school shooting” in Perry.

“To the entire community, we love you, we pray for you, and we ask God to heal and comfort, really, the whole state,” Trump said at the get-out-the-vote rally in Sioux Center.

“We’re really with you as much as anybody can be. It’s a very terrible thing that happened. It's just terrible,” the leading GOP presidential candidate said. “That’s just horrible. It’s so surprising to see it here."

"But we have to get over it. We have to move forward," the Republican frontrunner said. “To all the relatives, and all the people who are devastated right now, to the point they can't breathe, they can’t live, we are with you all the way.”

Biden was talking about gun control. It was a "look I did something while my opponent is just going to move on" moment. I think it's worth it to remember that as a "despicable thing," this is still rather mild compared to Trump's rhetoric and relationship with the truth. The comparison is important, since we have to choose between them.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member

BS!!!!! You are king of blind denial.
C'mon man. Don't be dishonest like Trump

Biden, your hero, referred to some migrants as ILLEGALS.

Let me quote him...

"Laken Riley killed by an illegal"

That piece of racist ****. You should not vote for him.
Lmmfao

Words Matter: No Human Being is Illegal

Note:

The phrase “illegal immigrant” was not popularly used until World War II when it was used to describe Jewish refugees who fled to Palestine without authorization.[5] Elie Wiesel, a Nobel Peace Prize winner and Holocaust survivor, once said, “know that no human being is illegal. That is a contradiction in terms. Human beings can be beautiful or more beautiful, they can be fat or skinny, they can be right or wrong, but illegal? How can a human being be illegal?”[6] [ibid]​