• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sometimes the burqa makes me sick

Do you agree that certain forms of the burqa should be banned

• Yes

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The burqa is not a requirement. And afghanistan is a poor very country. Why are we fighting men who push wagons with mules ? I'm an arab and I wouldn't want to live in afghanistan either. They just don't understand that islam is about easy, its not about hard. These guys stretch the religion so much, when its suppose to be much easier than this.
This thread isn't a criticism of Islam, but a strong distaste for certain policies and fashion

MohammadPali

This thread isn't a criticism of Islam, but a strong distaste for certain policies and fashion

Its not a job of a man to tell another person what to wear though. If thats what she feels or wants who cares. Doesn't matter what religion you are.I despise wigs, it reminds me of people with lice from the 1700's, that doesn't mean id like to change them or impose something on them.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The problem with that argument is the burqa is associated with Muslim communities where women have much less rights than men, and far fewer opportunities, both educationally and workwise. The Taliban in Afghanistan is an obvious example. So a woman may be making a choice, because her husband, father, or a male religious leader is telling her what to do.

So yes, why force her to wear a burqa?

Did you ask the woman if she was forced or by her choice?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Did you ask the woman if she was forced or by her choice?

It would be very difficult to initiate such a conversation with such a woman. Both the woman and members of her community may discourage such a conversation. They may even have a negative outlook on someone such as myself keen to break down barriers that divide people. Fortunately where I live it is unusual for a woman to wear a burqa.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think you need to hide a bomb inside your face.

But you could hide that you were a male, not a female.

Had you have read the link:

In Chad June 2015, the full face veil was banned in Chad after veiled Boko Haram bombers disguised as women completed multiple suicide attacks.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

In Chad June 2015, the full face veil was banned in Chad after veiled Boko Haram bombers disguised as women completed multiple suicide attacks.

Can't a man bomb himself wearing the Chadian fashion or he need to look like a woman?

chad73.jpg

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
It would be very difficult to initiate such a conversation with such a woman. Both the woman and members of her community may discourage such a conversation. They may even have a negative outlook on someone such as myself keen to break down barriers that divide people. Fortunately where I live it is unusual for a woman to wear a burqa.

Why to care how the others wanted to live? you're happy that women in your place don't wear
burqa, so enjoy it and let the others live their way of life.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Can't a man bomb himself wearing the Chadian fashion or he need to look like a woman?

chad73.jpg

Sure, but men are more likely than woman to perpetrate acts of terrorism. In disguising oneself as a woman, the plan appeared to work.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Why to care how the others wanted to live? you're happy that women in your place don't wear
burqa, so enjoy it and let the others live their way of life.

Because what we do affects each other and religious fanaticism is a world devouring fire.

MohammadPali

Some of the worst attacks where not even from burqa veiled attackers. Plain clothes.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Some of the worst attacks where not even from burqa veiled attackers. Plain clothes.

I like may things about Islam. I believe in the same God as the Muslims, believe that Muhammad was a messenger of God, and the Holy Quran was a revelation from God.

I can find no justification for the use of the burqa which for me symbolises many things that are wrong with Islam, from suppression of the rights of woman, men having strict control, and associations with religious extremism. Most of all it represents a religious belief and practice that has clearly failed to adapt to the modern world.

idav

Being
Premium Member
View attachment 18869
Someone needs to liberate these dark-aged countries. I hope the women in Afghanistan appreciate that they no longer have to dress like that. Could you imagine being a woman in a country where there are laws forcing you to dress like Darth Vader or get raped? It's a good thing America brought some sanity to Afghanistan.

I think it's also good that France banned the burqa. It's sick to treat women like that. There are women in my city that dress like that. It's also creepy when you can't identify or recognize the face of the person you are talking to. Don't you think?
Humans really take the extremes. Are barely clothed by string women any better? I mean that, it's the polar oppositeness that makes me pause.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
View attachment 18869
Someone needs to liberate these dark-aged countries. I hope the women in Afghanistan appreciate that they no longer have to dress like that. Could you imagine being a woman in a country where there are laws forcing you to dress like Darth Vader or get raped? It's a good thing America brought some sanity to Afghanistan.

I think it's also good that France banned the burqa. It's sick to treat women like that. There are women in my city that dress like that. It's also creepy when you can't identify or recognize the face of the person you are talking to. Don't you think?
Banning the burqa is just as bad as legally forcing women to wear them. Neither is OK, imho. If they want to wear them, let them. And, it can easily be shown that many women wear them by choice (fear of God mostly). If they don't, they shouldn't have to.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Are barely clothed by string women any better? .
In my opinion yes...it doesn't bother me...i see the beauty of the creator in how the female body can delight the eyes...but dressing to stir up the lusts of men can cause problems too...so I can see the value of modesty