• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something that I want to talk about with all atheists about science and God.

Darkforbid

What you said and i quote is :-

Then when shown to be wrong claim that

Is

I dont know where you went to school but i see those two quotes as contradictory.

Why are you now pretending the text from the link you provided. Firstly is contradicting quote by me. Secondly why lie and say 'Then when shown to be wrong claim that' when it's from your link

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Why are you now pretending the text from the link you provided. Firstly is contradicting quote by me. Secondly why lie and say 'Then when shown to be wrong claim that' when it's from your link

i am pretending nothing, i quoted your two posts. I know being you being wrong is hard for you to accept but...

And you are accusing me of lying when it is patently your posts that contradict each other

Darkforbid

i am pretending nothing, i quoted your two posts. I know being you being wrong is hard for you to accept but...

And you are accusing me of lying when it is patently your posts that contradict each other

Your claim: 'From the Talmud which identifies Yeshu as son of Tiberius Julius Abdes Pantera'

My claim: 'The Talmud just states "Yeshu Ben Pantera".'

What the Talmud actually says: "Yeshu Ben Pantera"

So how am I wrong?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Your claim: 'From the Talmud which identifies Yeshu as son of Tiberius Julius Abdes Pantera'

My claim: 'The Talmud just states "Yeshu Ben Pantera".'

What the Talmud actually says: "Yeshu Ben Pantera"

So how am I wrong?

Are you incapable of reading your own post, incapable of understanding them?

You can go on with the childish picky picky bull as much as you want, it makes no difference to the contradiction in your posts

Darkforbid

Are you incapable of reading your own post, incapable of understanding them?

You can go on with the childish picky picky bull as much as you want, it makes no difference to the contradiction in your posts

There is no contradiction. Yes there are several passages in the Talmud which are believed by some scholars to be references to 'Yeshu' but only one reference to 'Yeshu Ben (son of) Pantera'

It's not even a difficult thing to check up. So where do you get 'Yeshu as son of Tiberius Julius Abdes Pantera' it's not I'm the Talmud as you claim

Oh, and as other atheists seem to fall deadly silent when other atheists start spouting things which are obviously complete rubbish:

Does that mean atheists actually want a world where they can talk rubbish without any criticism at all, or maybe they just hate the truth

MonkeyFire

If science proved JC was real; why would I need to pray to him?
Don't worry about atheists we are fine, we don't worry about JC or God because we don't believe they are real. They are man-made inventions.

Skepticism is a terminal thing...

ChristineM

Premium Member
There is no contradiction. Yes there are several passages in the Talmud which are believed by some scholars to be references to 'Yeshu' but only one reference to 'Yeshu Ben (son of) Pantera'

It's not even a difficult thing to check up. So where do you get 'Yeshu as son of Tiberius Julius Abdes Pantera' it's not I'm the Talmud as you claim

Oh, and as other atheists seem to fall deadly silent when other atheists start spouting things which are obviously complete rubbish:

Does that mean atheists actually want a world where they can talk rubbish without any criticism at all, or maybe they just hate the truth

So in your lexicon just one thing and several things ate the same thing?

Hey, i was the one who brought it up, so i know if is not difficult to check up

Note : Yeshu ben Pantera translates as Jesus son of Pantera.

And some theists seem to stomp there foot in denial at the notion Jesus was the illigitimate son of a Roman soldier. However there is precisely the same evidence that he was as there is that he was the son of a god. And it is actually logical and not fantasy

Audie

Veteran Member
So in your lexicon just one thing and several things ate the same thing?

Hey, i was the one who brought it up, so i know if is not difficult to check up

Note : Yeshu ben Pantera translates as Jesus son of Pantera.

And some theists seem to stomp there foot in denial at the notion Jesus was the illigitimate son of a Roman soldier. However there is precisely the same evidence that he was as there is that he was the son of a god. And it is actually logical and not fantasy

That's nothing. I' ve seen religionists stomp their
figurative feet in denial about things that disprove
their silly superstitions.

ChristineM

Premium Member

You are not alone in seeing that unfortunate sight

Darkforbid

So you're for atheists making up rubbish and presenting it as factual account of the Talmud. Because that supports theists not atheists, something I would have thought you'd definitely be against.

ChristineM

Premium Member
So you're for atheists making up rubbish and presenting it as factual account of the Talmud. Because that supports theists not atheists, something I would have thought you'd definitely be against.

Sheesh, the Talmud mentions Yeshu ben Pentera. Get over the fact that it dies not support theists,it supports knowledge of the time.

Edit: ok, i have solved your problem, you must be using the Jerusalem Talmud, i am using the more authoritative Babylonian Talmud which goes into some detail of Mary's (perhaps willing) rape by Pantera. and uses Yeshu ben Pentera to describe Jesus. Wheras the Jerusalem Talmus simply referers to him as "ha hu"

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member

Why no, not at all. I really dont see how you thought
suvh a thing. I am not for anyone lying in any form.
Anyone who had to make things up in order to criticize
is really a sorry specimen.

In the event, I dont support atheists or theists either
one just for what they are.

And really, I had no comment at all about the
Talmud, or anyone falsifying anything about it.

Rather, I was speaking of the outlandish
behaviour / beliefs of certain of the fundamentalist
sort, whose faith appears to often hinge on
their ability to deny, ignore the facts that
disprove their chosen version of what they
choose to think is god's inerrant word.

Sorry you misunderstood, i am on your
side if on any side, re falsehood concerning
whatever sacred works you value.
:D

nPeace

Veteran Member
Let me make this as simple and quick as possible.

The story, as told, is bizarrely implausible and irrational and unevidenced. But as I came to understand the context from which it arose, it started to make some sense. By context, I'm including everything from circumstances of 1st century Judea to the political landscape when some bishops decided what to include in the creed and canon( and what to declare heresy).

Many of Jesus's most pointed Teachings and doings and parables, ( as quoted)that seemed irrational before, started making sense in a way that they hadn't before.
Tom
Okay. So basically you formed your own opinion.
I suppose there is no harm in that. The most ignorant persons on earth do that every day.