• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

something on my mind

LightofTruth

Do you think john the apostle saw almost everything that has to do with the end of the world?:)
What do you mean by "the end of the world"?

John was shown the judgment which is to take place upon the people and nations before the reign of Christ of 1,000 years.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Do you think john the apostle saw almost everything that has to do with the end of the world?:)

Yes... can you imagine trying to explain what one sees when one didn't even know what an airplane is?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I find some people think the ' end of the world ' means the end of Earth.
Since Earth abides forever ( Ecclesiastes 1:4 B) then it is the end of the world of badness on Earth.
So, John did see that wickedness would end on Earth - Revelation 19:14-16.
There will be ' healing ' for earth's nations as per Revelation 22:2
This is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and undo all the damage that Satan and Adam brought upon us.
So, that even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth ever again - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8

Super Universe

Defender of God

John was a very primitive human who saw things he should not have seen and he got a lot of it wrong. He saw large gatherings of ascended beings in higher levels of the universe. He assumed 144,000 had some significance for humanity when it doesn't.

The meek shall inherit the earth. What this means is that humanity will evolve and there will be no more war, no governments, no fences, no rules or laws. Some think that the sentence means that God or Jesus will come to the earth and kill all the bad people. That's not going to happen. Jesus will return but only after humanity evolves and becomes meek. Religious people always think God will do what they want in their lifetime.

John also saw the end of the earth. In a few billion years the sun will expand and consume the earth. This is not something God will do to punish humanity. It's just how the universe works. The humans will be removed from the planet by then.

The Anointed

John saw the heavenly fire incinerate all life on earth after the thousand years Sabbath had finished, which supports God's message as given through his prophet Zephaniah 1: 2-3; The LORD said, “I am going to destroy everything on earth, all human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy the whole human race, and no survivors will be left. I, the LORD, have spoken.

Verse 18; On the day when the LORD shows his fury, not even all their silver and gold will save them. The whole earth will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end — a sudden end — to everyone who lives on earth.

The operative sentence being "Everyone who lives on earth."

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The LORD said, “I am going to destroy everything on earth, all human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy the whole human race, and no survivors will be left. I, the LORD, have spoken.
Sounds like a mad man rather than any God!
Grammatically incorrect. After he said all animals, there was no need to specify humans, birds and fish. They are included in 'all'.
But I know, YHWH is not a native speaker of English.

The Anointed

Sounds like a mad man rather than any God!
Grammatically incorrect. After he said all animals, there was no need to specify humans, birds and fish. They are included in 'all'.
But I know, YHWH is not a native speaker of English.

So, you reject the words of the Lord as recorded by his earthly scribes? that's nothing new.

And of course you are entitled to believe whatsoever you chose to believe, that is your God given right, and it's call 'FREE WILL.'

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
So, you reject the words of the Lord as recorded by his earthly scribes? that's nothing new. .. and it's call 'FREE WILL.'
I do not just reject the words of whom you term as Lord and those who promote and benefit from this kind of superstition, but also his very existence as a reality. It is not just a question of 'will', it is a question of 'reason' also. There is no reason to believe in existence of any such entity.

The Anointed

I do not just reject the words of whom you term as Lord and those who promote and benefit from this kind of superstition, but also his very existence as a reality. It is not just a question of 'will', it is a question of 'reason' also. There is no reason to believe in existence of any such entity.

And like I have said, it is your God given right to reject him and the words of life that he spoke through his obedient servant, the man Jesus. It is the spirit that gives life said the Lord, and my words are spirit and life.

It was the Lord God our savior, the God of Abraham Isaac, and Jacob, who said to Moses in Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; "I will send them a prophet like you from among their own people; I will put MY WORDS in his mouth, and he and he shall speak to them all that I command, and whosoever will not heed MY WORDS, which he shall speak in MY NAME, I will punish, etc.

The Anointed

Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

Who care what you believe or disbelieve? Who cares what you are afraid of or not afraid of?

Are you afraid of automobiles? No? But not being afraid of them, does not eliminate the possibility that one may be the death of you.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I am an 'advaitist' Hindu. We are immortals. I have no need to be afraid either of the big bad wolf or automobiles or even Coronavirus.

"na me mṛtyuśaṅkā na me jātibhedaḥ, pitā naiva me naiva mātā na janmaḥ;
na bandhur na mitraṃ gururnaiva śişyaḥ, cidānandarūpaḥ śivo'ham śivo'ham."

I do not have fear of death, nor have I discrimination on the basis of birth. I have no father or mother, nor did I have a birth. I am not the relative, nor the friend, nor the guru, nor the disciple. I am the the eternal, the auspicous in the form of eternal bliss.
Atma Shatkam - Wikipedia (Six Verses to Nirvana)https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atma_Shatkam

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So, you reject the words of the Lord as recorded by his earthly scribes? that's nothing new.
You're operating from unsupported major premises and axioms. Until you can support your premises, questions arising from their conclusions are meaningless.

Why should we believe some "lord" recorded his edicts through earthly scribes? Aren't there dozens of different religions claiming the same thing, but propounding different edicts?
Is there a well evidenced reason to accept these, particular premises and conclusions? No, there is not. So why do you seem to assume there is?

You're living in a mythological bubble, with its own folklore and legends. You're assuming most other people are familiar with, and accept, this mythology. THIS IS NOT TRUE! Your premises, values and underlying mythology are your own, yet you ask questions based on an assumption that this mythology is axiomatic and universal. It is not, so stop it.
Find a set of beliefs we can all agree on and build your case from that.

And of course you are entitled to believe whatsoever you chose to believe, that is your God given right, and it's call 'FREE WILL.'
??? -- That's not what free will is.

Last edited:

The Anointed

You're operating from unsupported major premises and axioms. Until you can support your premises, questions arising from their conclusions are meaningless.

Why should we believe some "lord" recorded his edicts through earthly scribes? Aren't there dozens of different religions claiming the same thing, but propounding different edicts?
Is there a well evidenced reason to accept these, particular premises and conclusions? No, there is not. So why do you seem to assume there is?

You're living in a mythological bubble, with its own folklore and legends. You're assuming most other people are familiar with, and accept, this mythology. THIS IS NOT TRUE! Your premises, values and underlying mythology are your own, yet you ask questions based on an assumption that this mythology is axiomatic and universal. It is not, so stop it.
Find a set of beliefs we can all agree on and build your case from that.

??? -- That's not what free will is.

I am assuming that you are an atheist, and reject the fact, that the universe is the invisible God made manifest, and that He is all that exists, and in all that exists, am I correct?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am assuming that you are an atheist, and reject the fact, that the universe is the invisible God made manifest, and that He is all that exists, and in all that exists, am I correct?
"The fact" that the universe is God made manifest? Why do you assume this is a fact?

As I said, you're beginning your argument with the conclusion -- and you're preaching. If you have a case to make, begin with verifiable facts and build from there. Don't work backward from your conclusion.

Yes. I choose, at this time, not to create any gods. I see the universe as Brahman made manifest.