• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something I Find Interesting About Islam

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
I often hear from Muslims that there were many messengers to many nations, but that Muhammad is the final messenger, and hence his message supercedes that of all other prophets. The Koran says that a Muslim makes no distinction between prophets. If that is so, how can the teachings of Muhammad supercede that of another prophet? What makes Muhammad's teachings more worthy of following then those of Jesus, Moses, etc.?

I often hear from Muslims that there were many messengers to many nations, but that Muhammad is the final messenger, and hence his message supercedes that of all other prophets. The Koran says that a Muslim makes no distinction between prophets. If that is so, how can the teachings of Muhammad supercede that of another prophet? What makes Muhammad's teachings more worthy of following then those of Jesus, Moses, etc.?

Well, if you study all the prophets bring the same message of Allah to us . The basis message of all the prophets is the same. and by the passage of time the teaching of the previous prophets get corrupted , people added thing in the books by their own just for their own reasons. So Allah has sent his last and final messenger and take the responsibility by herself to protect the teaching. Quran say in Surat 15 , Ayat 9
"We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption)."

By following Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him you are not going against the teaching of any other prophet , is like same you had followed all the prophets and ultimately followed the commandments of Allah.

Onkara

Can you explain what that means, please?

Hi Madhuri
I was a little confusued by the "we" in the Quran. I asked about it in this thread and was kindly offered some explanations below. None the less I would appreciate more explantion too so don't imply that this is THE answer. :) Basically it appears that Allah spoke of Himself in the plural.

Last edited:
Hi Madhuri
I was a little confusued by the "we" in the Quran. I asked about it in this thread and was kindly offered some explanations below. None the less I would appreciate more explantion too so don't imply that this is THE answer. :) Basically it appears that Allah spoke of Himself in the plural.

Well , Onkarah, one thing i want to clarify to you , as Quran is in Arabic so take the words in Arabic do not go into translation , Every language has it own style etc and some time its very difficult to express the same meaning or the meaning just lost when you translate the same thing into other language.

Now , you are reading the work 'we' in English language so that why its seem you to to plural , English has seperate word for singlular an plural. But some other language donot have. For example

My language is URDU and if you translate the term 'we' in URDU its called 'hum' (by the way Urdu has very much similar to Arabic language and contain most words from Arabic) , now the word 'hum' has used for both singular and plural and , if some body just write it nobody can say its a singular or plural , and we have to read the whole sentence or know background before we can comment on it.

Secondly , the same world is also used for a singular if you want to give very respect.

So in simply , we here is in the sense of singular (as Allah is one and only) and also there is a sense of respect to it.

So , simply try to learn the meaning in its original language that arabic and not from its translation.

Hope you understand what i want to convey you.

.lava

Veteran Member

Mohammad SAW is not the last messenger. he is the last of Prophets therefor named as seal of Nabis. messengers would keep coming till the end of time.

there is no teachings of Mohammad SAW. all the Prophets taught humanity the same thing and that would be submission. birth of the last Prophet is a sign of end times. some Muslims say that in some other planet maybe he was not born yet. i can't know it for sure. but our planet is not far away from the end because he was born and a holy book could not be corrupted was given to all humanity. it was not the same with previous books. that's not to say Bible or Torah are not worthy or anything. original text of both would offer the exact recipe, would invite people to wish to reach God and submit to it

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Mohammad SAW is not the last messenger. he is the last of Prophets therefor named as seal of Nabis. messengers would keep coming till the end of time.

there is no teachings of Mohammad SAW. all the Prophets taught humanity the same thing and that would be submission. birth of the last Prophet is a sign of end times. some Muslims say that in some other planet maybe he was not born yet. i can't know it for sure. but our planet is not far away from the end because he was born and a holy book could not be corrupted was given to all humanity. it was not the same with previous books. that's not to say Bible or Torah are not worthy or anything. original text of both would offer the exact recipe, would invite people to wish to reach God and submit to it

I am not very familiar with the concepts of prophets and messengers. What is the difference between them?

.lava

Veteran Member
I am not very familiar with the concepts of prophets and messengers. What is the difference between them?

general belief of Muslims and what we taught from Qur'an contradicts. though i can explain it with verses. so keep that in mind.

there are two concepts used in Qur'an. Nabi and Rasol. Nabi, Prophet is someone who's given Sharia book, if it is not a book it is at least a few pages but they are always given Sharia laws. Rasols, messengers are not given book. these people come one after another in all times unlike Prophets. there could be hundreds of years between two Prophets. but one messenger is given duty when the other messenger dies. also messengers come from among all nations which means there are messengers all over the world in every nation, so that path that leads to God would be explained to people with their own language. so a messenger from Japan for instance is for Japanesse. but a Prophet come for all humanity. the Sharia or the laws they left to humanity would be explained to all people from all nations by messengers of God. unfortunately most of Muslims believe Mohammad SAW was the last of messengers therefor they call messengers liars. if they search Qur'an or at least if they listen to messengers they would see it clearly, they are wrong. the last of Nabi is not last of messengers

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
general belief of Muslims and what we taught from Qur'an contradicts. though i can explain it with verses. so keep that in mind.

there are two concepts used in Qur'an. Nabi and Rasol. Nabi, Prophet is someone who's given Sharia book, if it is not a book it is at least a few pages but they are always given Sharia laws. Rasols, messengers are not given book. these people come one after another in all times unlike Prophets. there could be hundreds of years between two Prophets. but one messenger is given duty when the other messenger dies. also messengers come from among all nations which means there are messengers all over the world in every nation, so that path that leads to God would be explained to people with their own language. so a messenger from Japan for instance is for Japanesse. but a Prophet come for all humanity. the Sharia or the laws they left to humanity would be explained to all people from all nations by messengers of God. unfortunately most of Muslims believe Mohammad SAW was the last of messengers therefor they call messengers liars. if they search Qur'an or at least if they listen to messengers they would see it clearly, they are wrong. the last of Nabi is not last of messengers

Very interesting .lava, thank you!
It is funny how so many people even within the same religions disagree...

.lava

Veteran Member
Very interesting .lava, thank you!
It is funny how so many people even within the same religions disagree...

there are Muslims who learned it by first listening messengers and then read to check out what Qur'an says. so they saw the difference so they changed their minds. verses remain the same. there is only one knowledge, the rest is like a gossip from one ear to another. what matters is if Qur'an agrees with you or not

Lava is just trying to mis-guide people by associating false things to Islam , All muslims totally agree that Prophet Muhammed was the last and final messenger of Allah. Yes we muslim believe that Prophet Eisa Peace be upon him will again came to in this world and fill this world with peace.

Lava also lying by saying

Muslims say that in some other planet maybe he was not born yet
No muslim say something like that , lave is just trying to mis-guide you.

Also .Lava is posted such a harsh and bad sentecen about muslims belivees in its lasts mesasges that i never want to even quote it.

Madhuri , donot try to listen this person who is just try to tell lies and associating false things to Islam and muslim and try to ask with proper muslim about your question.

People like .lava is just promoting lies.

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
Lava is just trying to mis-guide people by associating false things to Islam , All muslims totally agree that Prophet Muhammed was the last and final messenger of Allah. Yes we muslim believe that Prophet Eisa Peace be upon him will again came to in this world and fill this world with peace.

Lava also lying by saying

No muslim say something like that , lave is just trying to mis-guide you.

Also .Lava is posted such a harsh and bad sentecen about muslims belivees in its lasts mesasges that i never want to even quote it.

Madhuri , donot try to listen this person who is just try to tell lies and associating false things to Islam and muslim and try to ask with proper muslim about your question.

People like .lava is just promoting lies.

i am not telling lie