• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some people believe that you can go out of body and find god in the upper astral .Do you believe it?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I hope you do not find this rude, but I thought this old song was somehow appropriate.
The Inner Light by George Harrison

"Without going out of my door
I can know all things of earth
Without looking out of my window
I could know the ways of heaven
The farther one travels
The less one knows
The less one really knows
Without going out of your door
You can know all things on earth
Without looking out of your window
You could know the ways of heaven
The farther one travels
The less one knows
The less one really knows
Arrive without travelling
See all without looking
Do all without doing"

I hope @Sgt. Pepper won't mind someone else doing a Beatles plug. ;)

I still remember when this came out. It was the B-Side of "Lady Madonna" and released in 1968.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Not the terms I use (I don't sector out a part of the otherworlds as "upper astral" or some such and as a polytheist I'm encountering "gods" rather than "god"), but been there, done that.

Vast majority of the time, though, I interact with the gods that are right in front of my face. No otherworldly journeys necessary. Said hello to Lady Luna just last night, as she was chasing Sun in her Waxing Crescent face.

IMHO, God is everywhere...Yet perspectives from out our typical mental point of view can shed some light on it, in ways that are sometimes rare locked into our mental personality and typical organic sensory functioning.
There are potential risks doing this however, yet we do it nightly in our dream state, which we generally have less control over in comparison to astral projection, its a crowded universe in some areas, and the non physical "planes" human and other animal minds (and likely some advanced AI systems) seem to be able to access to various degrees, is not well explained in modern science. Yet most who have experienced them reguarly, see them as self evident.
Looking forward to next 50 years (atleast in regard to them being more clearly understood by humanity) It is my opinon some human scientists and organizations do understand them very well already, though that information has yet to filter down to public science, and population in general.

rocala

Hi Frank, sorry but I have no idea what the answer to your question is. I do have a question of my own though. In what way would the astral experience differ from those who find God in the earthly realm?